Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    That's also like how people instapick the Bronzodia champions, thinking they'll have an easy win, only to fail miserably.

More news on Velocity eSports, it appears the entire roster was released.
    Exactly. Hell, even in higher divisions people pick certain champions just to counter their opponent only to fall miserably because:
    1. They have never played them before or haven't mastered them good enough.
    2. Their opponent is an avid X Champion player, knows every little trick about the champion and it's limits and will simply outplay his enemies.
    3. Opponents have better communication and will simply switch lanes as to avoid certain match-ups while the other team may not be so willing to swap.
    Last edited by mmoc8ded9ea3f2; 2013-11-12 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    That's also like how people instapick the Bronzodia champions, thinking they'll have an easy win, only to fail miserably.

More news on Velocity eSports, it appears their entire roster was released.
    I know velocity performed poorly, but just benching the entire team is kinda extreme. It is also kinda worrying that the players have no ownership in the teams. I know in OGN the players own the team, so things like this can't happen. It just seems strange that they could pick up an entirely new team. Like hypothetically if Crs failed relegation, another team could just bench their whole team and pick up the Crs lineup. I don't know why they would do that, but it a possibility.

We've seen a lot of threads about how this game is unbalanced and what not, but for the first time, I read a post where many of the claims actually made sense by way of explaining. I urge everyone to at least skim through it to know what's going on with the game and where it's headed.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3931909
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2013-11-12 at 09:00 PM.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    We've seen a lot of threads about how this game is unbalanced and what not, but for the first time, I read a post where many of the claims actually made sense by way of explaining. I urge everyone to at least skim through it to know what's going on with the game and where it's headed.

A lot of that is being adressed in s4 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

10+ Year Old Account

tbh I didn't read much that hand't already been said before in there. The OP raised an interesting point, then the rest of his edits/replies were him pretty much disagreeing with Morello but offering no insight as to how he though it should be balanced, and basically just saying Morello was wrong by nitpicking on semantics and the like.

The OP is very good at pointing things out that he perceives as wrong and bad for the game. It reads like a timeline of things that were wrong with the game that Riot has since addressed. I didn't get much out of it, and I don't think anyone who has been following the game for awhile will either. Morello did a pretty good job of providing some insight, but because it wasn't enough the OP basically just wrote it off. I know he wrote a lot addressing Morello's posts, but it was a lengthy way to write something off. The last line in particular.
    How about some real answers, if you would be so kind?
    Completely implies that everything Morello said was invalid as an answer.

I get that people do want some insight into how things are done, and how some things can remain imbalanced for a great length of time, but that thread is not very good. I would agree that there are imbalances and what not and some things have remained unbalanced for quite some time. I do find it ironic that the OP talks about how to have a healthy conversation then pretty much disregards Morello's comments because they didn't coincide with his own views. Morello even says that there are many things wrong with League that Riot is actively working to balance/fix and that it will always be that way since that is the nature of game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main thing I agree with in that thread is that massive changes were made right before the World Championship. That skyrocketed Corki's effectiveness, as well as Jax'. Both had been niche picks up till then.

Additionally, Riot has been slow in making some adjustments. However, a number of the cases he mentions have since been addressed or postponed due to S4, with posting about it on the forums.

I do feel Riot could take steps to improve on their balancing pace or dominance of certain champions/items. Additionally, I disagree with their allocating testing resources. The Replay system was put on the PBE and has been all but forgotten again. Instead we get a teambuilder and s4 changes. Jayce changes are posted and go away for months again.

However, I also agree with Morello that the situation was only that bad at the World's specifically. Looking at challenger/diamond level games, you see a much broader champion pool. Hell, I see Teemo there, which is unheard of in the LCS/WC other than Maknoon for fun.

Are the s4 changes live yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Are the s4 changes live yet?
    Nope. I think there is a week between now and when the preseason patch deploys. I could be wrong on the timing of that patch though.

10+ Year Old Account

Starts off good, though some of the stuff has already been fixed. Olaf and Heimer got their reworks, though Victor is still a ways away. League of X (BotRK, Warmogs, BC, etc) was contained to the preseason, not even actual ranked season play. Other points, like the Shen, Renekton, Jax trifecta, only apply to Worlds where they min-max the hardest. LCS, OGN, and regular ranked play all see a much greater champion variety.

Then he just goes into a hate fest about everything Morello posted about those points. "I'm right, your wrong, but I wont tell you why your wrong because you just are." is the feel I got from those edits.

Deleted

>Ranged carries are coddled like children whilst all other champion archetypes are nerfed around them

Haha

No

Carries hardly even exist in LoL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    >Ranged carries are coddled like children whilst all other champion archetypes are nerfed around them

Haha

No

Carries hardly even exist in LoL
    Ye, that argument kind of threw me away too. Also seems hard for some people what the concept of 'carry' means and why everyone else on the team tries to "cuddle". They wouldn't be that great if every bruiser could have olaf's ulti as a passive and just afk-AA-kill the carries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how that poster on link is so confident in him having all statistics, but actually, he provides it only from tournament games (which i guess is less tha 1 of the game itself). I bet that when you judge the game being bad or good, you have to get bigger examples
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Had an hour long Bot game for my daily IP just now. Top kills? Me as Leona support with 22 for humans, Blitz at 35 for the bots because top, middle and guy trying jungle kept feeding the bots. Eventually had to backdoor the bot team while I used the rest of the team as bait in the other lanes. Almost felt bad.

Deleted
    How do you not quadrakill legendary 20-0 against bots? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    How do you not quadrakill legendary 20-0 against bots? O.o
    Indeed, to make a quick 15-20min game, just pick something that carries the whole team. Then you end up with 20-30kills, and just backdoor and wins :P Remember a couple of Yi games I had for fun, where I got like 2 pentas in one game.. Support isnt realy needed in bot games imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Indeed, to make a quick 15-20min game, just pick something that carries the whole team. Then you end up with 20-30kills, and just backdoor and wins :P Remember a couple of Yi games I had for fun, where I got like 2 pentas in one game.. Support isnt realy needed in bot games imo.
    I was hoping my allies of Yi, MF, jungle Jarvan and Annie would've moped up the bots real quick but not feed, haha. My Yi co-laner would stand there half the time anyway, which explains some of my 22 kills. Then the enemy was more fed than usual at that point, Yi was practically invincible (to these guys at least), Karthus doing 2.5k Q's... good times. I eventually sold some armor/support items to go bruiser, used them as bait as the defended the third towers (yep) and led my minions to victory.

Eh, I kinda like playing support in bot games. Let's me relax, uberfeed whoever is with me in lane phase and I generally enjoy initiating fights.

Some of it is true (but is already addressed or will be in the next patch) but majority is someone's rant about how much Ranged ADCs are OP. (They are meant to carry, therefore have tons of damage*.)

(*Oh yes, I just did)

Deleted
    I wonder why they never get to nerf Silver bolts on vayne, her kit is strong, and even stronger when she can kill any tank in few hits with her bolts passive

I know her win rate is pretty low compared to others, but the bolts is super super strong x.o and is also the reason why she just wrecks anything late game

10+ Year Old Account
    If you stand there and let Vayne AA you from her pitiful 550 range, then yes, you're gonna have a problem.

Silver Bolts is fine as is and makes Vayne. You do not want to get hit 3 times, so get out of range or force her to switch targets. Randuin's Omen is still OP as hell vs her, as it is vs every AD carry.

There's carries that outscale her, carries that oututility her and carries that do more in teamfights.

Vayne is not safe and in return gets to murder one target if she can turret it down.

//edit: That said, I'm not denying she may well be overtuned or the combination with BoRK might be too powerful. I'm purely talking about Vayne's kit and Silver Bolts.

Well, I'm only a silver player (silver 3 that is) in my first ever season. And I do fear that vayne when she gets fed in laning phase.. She can land a few kills before we manage to lock her down if her team is good to peel for her.

Another thing: I just couldnt seem to get to gold this season, realy wanted to. But I find it so hard to 'carry' a team as support, so I started to play top the last few weeks, and I cant figure out if I should find two champs and learn their kit realy well, or get a knowledge of alot of champs so I can easier counter enemy picks? As support I got 3 champs pretty well mastered, and it works fine there for sure. But I'm not that afraid of getting counter picked as a support, as I feel the support role is more of an map understanding(wards) and when and when not to start and engage/disengage.
    Any tips? I realy wanna reach gold in s4, and I'm prepared to put support on the self and pick up top (if thats esaier though). Any tips are welcome, in how to get better rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore