10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. I kind of like it, it adds some foreign 'spark' (sorry, couldn't resist) to LoL and it gave Lux a bit more appeal.

I'd rather they change her range than the stupid name, but am not going to really care one way or another about what it's called. Both old and new name are equally daft, tbh.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-08-01 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    I just find it really weird that unclearness in what the ability does and obscurity of reference are actual reasons to remove it.
    When there's Shunpo. I mean you could argue that Bleach is more mainstream but it's still silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I dunno. I kind of like it, it adds some foreign 'spark' (sorry, couldn't resist)
    It means sparkle, not spark. Ymir needs to l2p.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-08-01 at 03:57 PM.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like Lux's current ulti name a lot more as well. I was just trying to explain the deal to that guy.

Finales Motherfunkler; Kill steal master!
    Finales Motherfunkler; Close call master!
    Finales Motherfunkler; No scope master!
    Finales Motherfunkler; FUCK YEAH!

EDIT: Wait, is "Shunpo" really from Bleach? I thought it was just some sort of ninja move.
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2012-08-01 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    I guess so. But Cho really grows that big that he needs 300 extra attack range?
    My guess is that he get 50 bonus range at 6 stacks, as it says he's getting UP TO 50 range, based on stacks and rank
    Last edited by mmoc5074931377; 2012-08-01 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    This is exactly the thinking that makes hardcore players think that every player ever is, for example WoW, downing heroic bosses with ease... when in reality most people haven't even stepped foot in a raid.. It just seems that way from that perspective. I do not know a single man, woman, friend, for or anything that knew Lux's ult was referencing anything. And that is precisely why I'm not going to get involved in the forum rage about it.
    Understanding a reference isn't even comparable to being hardcore or not. I know only a minority of people will ever have known what Lux's ult (and character as a whole) is a reference to, I'm just saying that it isn't as small a minority as you think. There was no reason to change the name of the ability just because the reference was "obscure".

Quote Originally Posted by Horn of Valmar View Post
    My guess is that he get 50 bonus range at 6 stacks, as it says he's getting UP TO 50 range, based on stacks and rank
    You are right, I didn't read the statement properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    Mari- Riot stole the precious reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are they bothering with Xin "nerfs"? Just let the abilities stay the same if this is what they call a nerf. The first isn't a nerf anyways, it's a direct buff to his already crazy late-game damage. And the "nerf" to his charge...
    Word is that people have found his early game a bit too OP, and they've made these small nerfs to avoid butchering him in the way that he got with his previous nerfs. And that late game buff is very small, he's losing about 3 AD at level 1 to get about 2 AD at level 18.

And anyone that cares about his charge damage being nerfed is just...
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-08-01 at 06:43 PM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Understanding a reference isn't even comparable to being hardcore or not. I know only a minority of people will ever have known what Lux's ult (and character as a whole) is a reference to, I'm just saying that it isn't as small a minority as you think. There was no reason to change the name of the ability just because the reference was "obscure".
    I wasn't talking about hardcore people understanding references. I'll clarify. I said that your thought process with the issue is similar to that of a hardcore player. They never think outside of their own social bubble. From their perspective everyone's an expert at their game that they play. But in reality its not even remotely the case. Here you claimed that this is a well known reference because all of your friends understand it. Thats simply not a viable reason. Only like <10% of average joes would know what Touhou is. And only a fraction of them would have played the game. Bottom line? Its not a well known reference. I'm simply disproving the claim that the reference is more popular than you think it is as its definitely not true. It may seem like, from your perspective, that its a well known reference, but thats impossible.

In the end, I barely care if it changes or not. Honestly this seems like a case of "We hate change!" It's just a name. A couple of letters strung together... BUT on the flipside its odd that Riot felt the need to change something so pointless. Its just a name of a spell. A couple of letters strung together... You only see it on your death recap and if you're playing Lux and reading her spells. No idea why they feel so strongly about this... both Riot and fans.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2012-08-01 at 07:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I'm simply disproving the claim that the reference is more popular than you think it is
    How are you disproving? All you're doing is saying "it's not as popular as you think" and he's just saying "it's not as unpopular as you think." I've seen 0 proof this entire discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Change for the sake of change is dumb, and I've never heard anyone call it anything other than lux ult

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Word is that people have found his early game a bit too OP, and they've made these small nerfs to avoid butchering him in the way that he got with his previous nerfs. And that late game buff is very small, he's losing about 3 AD at level 1 to get about 2 AD at level 18.

And anyone that cares about his charge damage being nerfed is just...
    His early game damage is beyond retarded. His damage is beyond retard. He needs a nerf to his builtin CDR and his AS steroid. Not heavy nerf that breaks him, but a slight nerf is needed as I have said before in this very thread, he has too much CC/damage with no downsides and can reuse his Q/W/E combo again and again by simple getting a little bit of CDR from items.

What's the deal with everyone going on about Lux's finales fuck? Yes, that's how I know it, finales fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the deal with everyone going on about Lux's finales fuck? Yes, that's how I know it, finales fuck.
    It's a lot of snafu about the change, ranging from reasons such as why they needed to change the name in the first place, and I wouldn't be too surprised if people say that this change is the equivalent of giving the middle finger to Shurelia since she doesn't work for Riot Games anymore. (FYI, it was Shurelia that designed Lux)
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Change for the sake of change is dumb, and I've never heard anyone call it anything other than lux ult
    Exactly! Everyone calls it "her ult" or "laser beam!" or "Shoop da whoop!" No idea why they felt like they had to change it. But it changes nothing since no one even calls ults by their proper names! It was a waste of time and it upset a group of people for no reason. But at the same time its not a big deal. And people shouldn't be making 50 threads about it on the GD forums.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2012-08-01 at 07:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never have I seen such a huge discussion on something so trivial...

...o wait, nvm.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Never have I seen such a huge discussion on something so trivial...

...o wait, nvm.
    Nobody would care if their reasoning wasn't so pathetic to begin with.

So...I've been a ranged played since I began on LoL a few years back. I decided to try some melee champs recently.

I AM FAILING SO HARD

I'm used to going 15-20 and 2 on Xerath. I'm lucky if I hit 10 kills now. I've been rolling with Garen, Nunu, and Cho'Gath. I just can't seem to find my groove with melee characters ;-;
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Deleted
    Tried Jungle Draven just now after checking the Stonewall guide, went 17-9-7, got first blood on top and killed someone on bot with my R, good stuff

Deleted
    Is it just me or is Draven a tad overpowered?

I haven't played AGAINST one, but every single time I pick him as an AD carry I completely dominate the lane/game.
    It's not that i'm such an awesome player (I barely 'lose' lanes hard, but I definitely don't steamroll them most of the time).
    But with Draven it's a different story. His q costs so little mana, and you can keep harassing with it like there's no tomorrow.

Maybe it's just me, but I have the feeling he's a tad strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    So...I've been a ranged played since I began on LoL a few years back. I decided to try some melee champs recently.

I AM FAILING SO HARD

I'm used to going 15-20 and 2 on Xerath. I'm lucky if I hit 10 kills now. I've been rolling with Garen, Nunu, and Cho'Gath. I just can't seem to find my groove with melee characters ;-;
    More a problem of picks than them being melee

Garen is easily countered in lane and becomes useless besides his ult lategame, nunu and cho are no carries (support tanks?). I'm not really surprised you don't get the same amount of kills with them.

If you want a strong melee who can get some kills play a bruiser [not garen :P ] instead.