Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I actually believe that After we have killed Deathwing in this Expansion we are going to fight Nzoth.
    Much like KJ in BC and Ruby Sanctum in WotLK.
    The reason being that Deathwing was turned evil by the old gods, and Nzoth is the only one left.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatt View Post
    I actually believe that After we have killed Deathwing in this Expansion we are going to fight Nzoth.
    The reason being that Deathwing was turned evil by the old gods, and Nzoth is the only one left.
    He is like the KJ of this speculation

But he's not the only left :/
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

10+ Year Old Account
    Majorly dislike the idea of the Alliance losing in Gilneas. Thought Kul'Tiras is a nation we should see alot more of. Would be an awesome addition to the game.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I agree, the Horde having the plague AND nukes is just a bit much even though that's clearly the direction Blizzard is headed.
    It's probably what he wanted with Vash'jir if he'd won it too
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    There's nothing wrong with underwater =(

It was a very well designed concept in my opinion
    There is everything wrong with underwater - WoW is not designed to be played in 3 dimensions and probably never will. Some examples of design, mainly UI issues but still important and non-trivial to fix:

* Minimap in in 2 dimensions
    * AOE spells are in 2 dimensions
    * Targeting is in 2D (targeting circle is a circle, not a sphere)
    * if you are under or over something, facing issues suddenly arise which you can't solve easily because there is no way to tilt your character.

That's just a few signs of how WoW is fundamentally not designed for three dimensions, just two.

Vashir looks pretty and I actually enjoy farming herbs there, but mainly because it has a solitude and nice mood coming from the fact that no one goes there. Howver, questing and levelling was a nightmare becuase as soon as there is combat or non-trivcial navigation involved, it gets flawed for, among other things, the reasons above.

Same reason why flying combat is quirky and everyone hated Malygos phase 3. The game is just not made for 3 dimensional fighting.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    There is everything wrong with underwater - WoW is not designed to be played in 3 dimensions and probably never will. Some examples of design, mainly UI issues but still important and non-trivial to fix:

* if you are under or over something, facing issues suddenly arise which you can't solve easily because there is no way to tilt your character.

That's just a few signs of how WoW is fundamentally not designed for three dimensions, just two.

Vashir looks pretty and I actually enjoy farming herbs there, but mainly because it has a solitude and nice mood coming from the fact that no one goes there. Howver, questing and levelling was a nightmare becuase as soon as there is combat or non-trivcial navigation involved, it gets flawed for, among other things, the reasons above.

Same reason why flying combat is quirky and everyone hated Malygos phase 3. The game is just not made for 3 dimensional fighting.
    I was about to dispute your claim - but then you agreed with me on the aesthetics and just *being there*.... so no dispute anymore. :P Though I don't mind the combat as much, yeah it's flawed a little bit, but it worked for me. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

For a level 89-90 Zones, Underwater Zones would be goddang challange which it needs to be.

Who knows you could be floating in space in the Twisting Nether if they make that an expansion :P
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    floating in space in the Twisting Nether if they make that an expansion :P
    I would quit. I'd be very uncomfortable.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I would quit. I'd be very uncomfortable.
    Eh I didn't mean as a whole >.>
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatt View Post
    N'zoth is the only named Old God left, we only have heard of three so far, yet the Warcraft 3 manual states that there are 5 chained beneath Azeroth

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Edit : There are also 4 Zones Underwater

Nazjatar
    Mak'ara
    Drown Reaches
    Grishan Caverns
    No.
    Vash sucked ass, we don't need more underwater gayness.
    Let's be honest underwater in WoW sucks badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yople View Post
    No.
    Come on, we need an underwater zone, completely reliant on vehicles, with heavy phasing and gateway quests that require proper groups of 5 to progress to the next phase. Right? Right??

Quote Originally Posted by Yople View Post
    No.
    I personally liked it. But aslong as Blizzard wants to finish the lore their gonna have to put in those underwater zones at one point any ways

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    N'zoth is the only named Old God left, we only have heard of three so far, yet the Warcraft 3 manual states that there are 5 chained beneath Azeroth
    I didn't know that : /
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    You've lost me at goblin nukes.
    Based on the bomb the Goblins made to blow up a decent chunk of Stonetalon Mountains, I wouldn't put it past 'em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Lets add in N'zoth shall we?

Comes outa nowhere
    A wild Old God appears....(too)

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea a lot, just not sure if I can handle all of the water zones.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post

You forget that you earn the ability to walk on the ocean floor which was one of my favorite parts of Vashjir, bounding across the bottom of the sea! Infact probably every quest that deals with combat is doable by standing on the bottom of the zone. Its simply a matter of...well using your head and figuring out how to use AoE abilities in such a zone.

If you stuck to the floor and found the caves using the in-game map (caves are marked on the maps) it just felt like a normal zone with a super fast flying mount. You people are over reacting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    I actually see 5 popular hero classes perfect for this expansion.

Buccaneer - Mayb Pluder Isle stands to benefit by offering it's services to the Alliance/Horde during this Naval war. Heck we can see from the beginning of Vash'jir that both factions have to resort to hiring mercenaries just to continue an island conflict.

Runemaster - Who better to fix the situation in the Maelstorm than Runemasters. With the Maelstorm/Well of Eternity being a major center of Ley Lines, maybe their help is needed.

Tinker - With the Goblins and Gnomes so bitterly racing eachother in a bid to annihilate the other, and with Azeroth's recent wars being so technology determined. Maybe Tinkers will become a popular choice in this technology driven war.

Demon Hunter - Something involving the untaped powers of the Tomb of Sargeras?

Sea Witch (No Mmmoc threads on Sea Witchs ) - Maybe several Naga Sea Witches have escaped Azshara's rule, and decided to teach the mortal races their ways in an effort to fight Azshara.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy lore, but I'm not very knowledgeable. How could or would the Abyssal Maw fit into this? I find it very suspect that this entire Elemental Plane was suddenly axed (at least for now).

People are going to get sick of the sea theme so fast. Vash'jir already made me sick of it.