Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Draenei. Who cares about racials, they don't make much of a difference.

Deleted
    Goblin.
    10char

Loop... you might actually want to read the title of the thread... or any of the posts in the thread before posting.

For the people saying 'The Human Spirit' doesn't have an effect on your hit rating as Twisted Faith is only affected by gear based spirit.
    You couldn't be more wrong, what gives a person the impression we want their unintelligent, uneducated and unsupported claims?

On full spirit based hit rating a shadow priest will have roughly .40 extra hit rating which is half of what Draenei receive from their racial.
    Gift of the Naaruu takes you out of shadowform and is useless because of that.
    Human Racial has limited use in PvE and Great use in PvP.
    Human Diplomacy is also a bonus to PvE.
    Dwarves have remove disease/poison + 10% dmg reduction + frost miss chance
    Gnomes have 5% mana and Snare remover

Human is Best for PvE.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Head in hands at most of the responses in this thread. Everyone's allowed an opinion, it's just that most people's opinions are wrong.

Deleted
    As with any question concerning the choice of your race: Whatever you find most appealing, optically.

Seriously, racials are not static, they are going to be patched one day or another. What is top-notch today doesn't have to be top-notch tomorrow. Just ask Dwarves or Trolls. It's most important that you can actually look at that lump of pixels without hating yourself for choosing the race for it's racial.

I'm a Horde player, and I choose the blood elf because I like their animations. On Alliance side I love the Worgen, but I can't stand their casting animation, it looks just ridiculous. Okay for a Melee (I have a Worgen Death Knight myself), but I'd never play a Worgen caster for that reason. I'd choose Human, because their animations are great and the race by itself is quite good looking. I'd also probably also choose Draenai or Night Elf for the same reasons. I'd never play Gnome or Dwarf. But that's up to the individual player.

Bottom line: Don't just choose your race based on whatever tiny benefit they offer you. That can change faster than you like it. Choose your race by what appeals to you most. YOU have to look at that pixel bottom the whole evening. Better make sure you can stand it.

Deleted
    the best alliance race is the race where you like the annimations/looks the most off
    you wil enjoy your char way more and play way better then 200 dps more cause of racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie View Post
    For the people saying 'The Human Spirit' doesn't have an effect on your hit rating as Twisted Faith is only affected by gear based spirit.
    You couldn't be more wrong, what gives a person the impression we want their unintelligent, uneducated and unsupported claims?

On full spirit based hit rating a shadow priest will have roughly .40 extra hit rating which is half of what Draenei receive from their racial.

Human is Best for PvE.
    That is some really good math and conclusion.

Yes, the race that gives less hit rating, is definitely better.

Kudos.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    If there's any boss mechanic which requires you to move, Darkflight is incredible. Moving out of the raid with Engulfing Magic, moving from the Frost Orbs on Ascendant Council, moving with the Twilight Slicers on Sinestra are some examples that come to mind. If you need to get from A to B, to start DPSing a new target, Darkflight could be considered a DPS increase. The fact you put gnome, which has no use in PvE whatsoever, over worgen is embarrassing.
    As I said before, "a GOOD raider can move out of things without needing a racial for it." Domo is the only fight that even comes close to making Darkflight useful and even then it's not required. The only movement increases you need is lavawalker for end game raiding, everything else is overkill.

It's just like Arlee said, you must not have leveled a priest in a while. Mana is a HUGE problem for lower gear levels. Being a gnome can help alleviate some of those mana issues, that is why it was put ahead of Worgen. I even noted this on my post and the fact that you didn't really read it is embarrassing.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who rolls a race because you have mana problems at low gear levels? Not sure you heard, but there's this new talent called Masochism. I'm giving up now anyway, since it's basically like talking to a brick wall.

Worgen is the best race if you're not bad at the game, and raid at a decent level.

Deleted
    Like you said, in terms of raw damage, Worgen is top. In terms of utility, I'd say Human if you also want to PvP, otherwise it's pretty preferential. Darkflight can be handy, but so can Stoneform. Both can prevent a little avoided damage, although Darkflight can, in very few situations, give a slight dps increase.

---------- Post added 2011-08-01 at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    As I said before, "a GOOD raider can move out of things without needing a racial for it." Domo is the only fight that even comes close to making Darkflight useful and even then it's not required. The only movement increases you need is lavawalker for end game raiding, everything else is overkill
    Not to mention that, since Blizzard don't really design these things with speed increases in mind, something where you just need to move from it before it does a craptonne of damage to you, doesn't need Darkflight unless you're really slow to react.

Deleted
    I hate to see people say "Worgen for Darkflight" because a GOOD raider can move out of things without needing a racial for it.
    GOOD raiders know how to take profit of anything

Personally, I'd go Worgen, the 1% crit is beast, and come one once you get past the first tier of every expac its pretty hard not to be hit capped. Also, trueflight can have just as much function as Every man for himself, an extra 1/2sprint in a boss fight that requires a lot of running around means you either don't die if you end up in a bad spot and need to move quickly, or you get to a point where you can dps faster than other ppl do and you get an extra spell off.

Deleted
    As I said before, "a GOOD raider can move out of things without needing a racial for it." Domo is the only fight that even comes close to making Darkflight useful and even then it's not required. The only movement increases you need is lavawalker for end game raiding, everything else is overkill.
    im playing horde only but if i played alliance, all my dps were worgen. not primary for the critracial but for darkflight. darkflight is not only a survival utility but also a dps cooldown. moving 40% faster for 10 seconds is awesome. each second saved nets you about 30k+ dps and you migth consider swapping out your boot enchant. no oher racial comes even close to darkflight's gain.
    and although it is situational, theres hardly ever a boss where you dont have to move at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    Who rolls a race because you have mana problems at low gear levels? Not sure you heard, but there's this new talent called Masochism. I'm giving up now anyway, since it's basically like talking to a brick wall.

Worgen is the best race if you're not bad at the game, and raid at a decent level.
    Obviously you havent tried to push aoe/multi-dotting to the f*cking max, cause even then with masochism its just not gonna cut it and you will have to disperse for mana.

Also on my priest I gain about .60-.70% hit from the human spirit, so its far from useless.

Regarding Darkflight for worgen, I can tell you that I have only found it usefull in very few situations and the only 2 worth mentioning is if you are in a shit spot on majordomo hm or you are about to get f*cked over by a meteor in P3/4 on rag 25hc

Regarding the "GOOD raiders" arguments:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macco View Post
    Obviously you havent tried to push aoe/multi-dotting to the f*cking max, cause even then with masochism its just not gonna cut it and you will have to disperse for mana.

Also on my priest I gain about .60-.70% hit from the human spirit, so its far from useless.

Regarding Darkflight for worgen, I can tell you that I have only found it usefull in very few situations and the only 2 worth mentioning is if you are in a shit spot on majordomo hm or you are about to get f*cked over by a meteor in P3/4 on rag 25hc

pfft, Valiane, min-maxing is hard.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are not using darkflight every boss where u have to move you are doing it wrong.