Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Both ways of doing things have their advantages and disadvantages.

I think they're trying to avoid opening too many servers and having to close them or end up with dead servers.

A whole day? Yeah, it's viable. That's no time at all. Although you might lose the flaky people, but then you could lose them at any time.
    No, no it's not. You would get one or two of those people willing to delete their progress. There is NO way you could get the whole guild to move. Ridiculous. I've entered a logic black hole on here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    So you are saying a viable option is for a guild with 150 members who are all around level 20 now, that spent an entire day leveling to just delete their characters, delete the guild and start all over on another server? Have I gone into some fanboy alternative universe where this shit makes sense? Are you guys even reading what you're typing?
    20 levels aren't that big of a deal. Sure, it's a lot of time wasted. But you might as well be making a big deal out of being level 30 in WoW. It's about the same amount of time/progress.

I guarantee you that in a month, if you're still playing at all, you will think that making a new character and getting him to level 20 is boring, tedious, and ridiculously easy.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

How would they have done that? EU only had one pvp server. There are queues on all the NA pve servers, which server should my guild have chosen? We didn't know which server would be getting long queues. Hell my guild even chose to stay away from servers that had the top guilds going on them and we still have 3-4 hour queues. The only people that you're talking about is the people that rolled on Pergo. Everyone knew that would be insanely full and I don't have much sympathy for them. Otherwise we had no way of knowing. This is not our fault. Telling someone to play alone on another server is not a solution. Making someone pay for a server transfer later is not a solution.
    That was more of a reference to issues on the NA side where there wasn't much of an excuse for it except people picking what they felt was the best server and refusing to go anywhere else. Despite knowing in advanced for varying reasons they'd likely be the most popular and therefore the most populated. Sometimes using a bit of logic and forethought goes a long way.

I backed off of Stormtalon because I could already tell it was the "name" everyone wanted for their server. It was also the PvE server with the heaviest population explosion as I predicted probably simply for this reason. Rather than suffer the problems I chose to go for the newly designated Warbringer. Thus far I've avoided any real substantial problems as a result.

Also, switching servers at launch, being prepared for a transfer later, simply bowing out until a better time, and so on... is standard. I feel like I am talking to people that haven't played an MMO in their life. Shit happens, problems come up, and you have to make decisions. Again, I've been in a situation where I couldn't play with my friends and family for a couple of months. Fortunately when the opportunity came, I was able to transfer for free.

Either you want to play the game or you don't. That's really what it comes down to. If you want to play you'll bite the bullet.

- - - Updated - - -

No, no it's not. You would get one or two of those people willing to delete their progress. There is NO way you could get the whole guild to move. Ridiculous. I've entered a logic black hole on here.
    Actually you could if the individual in question is critical enough. I've known a few people that the guild enjoyed and desired so much they'd be willing to shift servers on a dime if need be to keep them.

In this instance though, I doubt that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    20 levels aren't that big of a deal. Sure, it's a lot of time wasted. But you might as well be making a big deal out of being level 30 in WoW. It's about the same amount of time/progress.

I guarantee you that in a month, if you're still playing at all, you will think that making a new character and getting him to level 20 is boring, tedious, and ridiculously easy.
    It is a big deal when the beginning of this game is horrid and the questing is one of the worst in any mmo ever. I think getting to 20 now is boring tedious and ridiculously easy, doesn't mean I want to throw away my character and all the progress I made. I sincerely doubt you'd find many who would, if you did you wouldn't be seeing queues.

Deleted
    I'm not too big of a fan of the cartoony graphics of Wildstar, but the spell effects are really "photogenic". Here is a photo from yesterday evening of my stalker mid attack animation at his new rocket house:

Hi, could anyone tell me how the costumes work? Are they like transmogg ? And if so.. how do i change my gear into that costume?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a big deal when the beginning of this game is horrid and the questing is one of the worst in any mmo ever.
    Worst in any MMO ever? Seriously? I've played WoW since TBC, I've played City of Heroes, GW1 and GW2, I've played *RUNESCAPE* even, back before WoW existed, I played the original Ragnarok Online, and somewhat touched RO2, and I've touched handfuls of free ones like Flyff.

Questing in WSO is one of my best questing experiences in a long time. It's not the most exciting, because it is standard MMORPG fare, but the game features associated with questing makes it all so easy and smooth - and most importantly fast. I expect leveling content to be fairly grindy/boring anyways, but this goes by so easily.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hi, could anyone tell me how the costumes work? Are they like transmogg ? And if so.. how do i change my gear into that costume?
    You'll need to go to a merchant that specializes in appearances. He's one of the "Protostar" guys. There should be one in your respective capital.

From there you can select a costume. Then fill the slots with whatever gear you want that costume to be. No matter what, when you have that costume selected, it will appear on your character instead of what you're actually wearing. You have 1 costume available to you immediately with more unlocked as you level allowing for more sets if you so please.

On your characters sheet where your gear is outlined, you'll see an icon with a shirt on it. That's how you change costumes. Costume 1 should be blank until you go to said merchant and set it up to actually show something.

Dyes are also dealt with by the same merchant.

Deleted
    I haven't even bought my copy yet but man I love reading these threads when bored. What is the deal with the queues though? Is every server full or just a small minority with the rest with minimal queue times? Disciples is probably right though tbh things will get a lot worse for those servers which are already with long queues and it'll probably increase for those with short queue times now.

It comes across as though they made some very weird decisions, I can see why people are pissed so would I if I paid all that money for the early start and couldn't get much time in, before official launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's mind blowing to sit here and see people defending the queues.
    Yes, queues suck. No doubt about it.
    But they will typically go a way 1-2 weeks into launch when things calm down.

Seriously to all the people whining: Is this your first barbecue?
    WoW had queues, AION, TERA, SW:TOR had them too.
    Only MMO w/o queues I played was Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    That was more of a reference to issues on the NA side where there wasn't much of an excuse for it except people picking what they felt was the best server and refusing to go anywhere else. Despite knowing in advanced for varying reasons they'd likely be the most popular and therefore the most populated. Sometimes using a bit of logic and forethought goes a long way.

I backed off of Stormtalon because I could already tell it was the "name" everyone wanted for their server. It was also the PvE server with the heaviest population explosion as I predicted probably simply for this reason. Rather than suffer the problems I chose to go for the newly designated Warbringer. Thus far I've avoided any real substantial problems as a result.

Also, switching servers at launch, being prepared for a transfer later, simply bowing out until a better time, and so on... is standard. I feel like I am talking to people that haven't played an MMO in their life. Shit happens, problems come up, and you have to make decisions. Again, I've been in a situation where I couldn't play with my friends and family for a couple of months. Fortunately when the opportunity came, I was able to transfer for free.

Either you want to play the game or you don't. That's really what it comes down to. If you want to play you'll bite the bullet.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually you could if the individual in question is critical enough. I've known a few people that the guild enjoyed and desired so much they'd be willing to shift servers on a dime if need be to keep them.

In this instance though, I doubt that's the case.
    The number one pve server in all the polls was the one that starts with an A. Avarast or something. That's the one top guilds like blood legion were going to. Other than that Pergo and Widow were the only ones getting a lot of attention. Those three servers were expected to be having queues but the rest weren't and they all had them. Only ones that didn't were the oceanic one and the new one they made. If it were me, and I were told I could only play by myself not with my friends and maybe I could get a transfer that I'd have to pay for in a couple months to be reunited with them I'd just say give me my money back and go play something else. Like he is doing. He's an unsatisfied customer. Only in video games do you have rabid fans blindly defending, justifying stupid behavior and attacking customers. You don't see this with people pissed off at their cable company.

That said I'm on Stormtalon, I sat through a ton of queues today. I'm expecting to sit through a ton more over the next month. That's my choice. I don't fault that guy for saying screw it and leaving. He has every right, he paid for the game and he can't play it with his friends. There is nothing wrong with his decision. Telling him to play by himself is just plain stupid.

Worst in any MMO ever? Seriously?
    Majority of people say it's terrible.

It's cool that you enjoy it, most hate it.

I wouldn't say it's the worst however, it's up there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutella View Post
    I haven't even bought my copy yet but man I love reading these threads when bored. What is the deal with the queues though? Is every server full or just a small minority with the rest with minimal queue times? Disciples is probably right though tbh things will get a lot worse for those servers which are already with long queues and it'll probably increase for those with short queue times now.

It comes across as though they made some very weird decisions, I can see why people are pissed so would I if I paid all that money for the early start and couldn't get much time in, before official launch.
    Just a lot of whining about the usual stuff. People don't learn nor learn to curb expectations.

Servers are simply full. Some are less so. Those of us with some wit avoided this mess while the rest squander in misery and self-loathing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I would say you're talking to people who've fallen HARD for the instant gratification self-entitlement that is currently plaguing human society as a whole, especially among younger peoples. Then again, I know people in their 30s/40s who are just as bad...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Majority of people say it's terrible.
    Doesn't mean it is. It just means the majority of people are latching on to an emotional state without logically comparing the two. Most of the complaints I've seen give anecdotal claims of it being "terrible" rather than actual logical comparisons.

I mean, in GW2, I had a hard time knowing where to go. In TBC, it took a LONG ass time to GET anywhere, let alone get the exp necessary, and WoW has improved on it a lot.

If I had to compare WSO to WoW right now in MoP, I'd say the questing experience is about the same - if you have mods in WoW telling you what to do.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2014-06-01 at 12:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the deal with the queues though? Is every server full or just a small minority with the rest with minimal queue times?
    See for yourself (EU):

The number one pve server in all the polls was the one that starts with an A. Avarast or something. That's the one top guilds like blood legion were going to. Other than that Pergo and Widow were the only ones getting a lot of attention. Those three servers were expected to be having queues but the rest weren't and they all had them. Only ones that didn't were the oceanic one and the new one they made. If it were me, and I were told I could only play by myself not with my friends and maybe I could get a transfer that I'd have to pay for in a couple months to be reunited with them I'd just say give me my money back and go play something else. Like he is doing. He's an unsatisfied customer. Only in video games do you have rabid fans blindly defending, justifying stupid behavior and attacking customers. You don't see this with people pissed off at their cable company.

That said I'm on Stormtalon, I sat through a ton of queues today. I'm expecting to sit through a ton more over the next month. That's my choice. I don't fault that guy for saying screw it and leaving. He has every right, he paid for the game and he can't play it with his friends. There is nothing wrong with his decision. Telling him to play by himself is just plain stupid.
    Either he wants to play the game or he doesn't. None of my friends came with me, they're all on FFXIV still. Yet here I am ready to roll.

Worst in any MMO ever? Seriously? I've played WoW since TBC, I've played City of Heroes, GW1 and GW2, I've played *RUNESCAPE* even, back before WoW existed, I played the original Ragnarok Online, and somewhat touched RO2, and I've touched handfuls of free ones like Flyff.

Questing in WSO is one of my best questing experiences in a long time. It's not the most exciting, because it is standard MMORPG fare, but the game features associated with questing makes it all so easy and smooth - and most importantly fast. I expect leveling content to be fairly grindy/boring anyways, but this goes by so easily.
    I can't count how many times I've read people say they quit after questing a few hours on various sites. I've never see that before with a new mmo, ever. You may like it, but you seem to be in a VERY small minority.

Deleted

Seems to be pretty much hit and miss. Logged in and played fine without any queues this morning, Took about seven hours or so to log in last night to the game with all kinds of problems, getting stuck in queue , stuck in character screen, stuck in load screen, blank character sreen , no realm list etc .
    Now i can't login at all, getting Invalid account name or password and Cannot connect to login services error.

I can't count how many times I've read people say they quit after questing a few hours on various sites. I've never see that before with a new mmo, ever. You may like it, but you seem to be in a VERY small minority.
    Guess I'm in that minority then. I don't think the questing is the greatest thing ever but with everything tied into it and actually enjoying the full experience of the game, it's not half bad at all.

Actually just got done killing a world boss. It was a LOT of fun.

Doesn't mean it is.
    It is though.