Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Press, depress, press. That's more time than it takes to either 1. Hit two buttons simultaneously, or 2. hit a secondary button while you're already pressing down a direction.
    ^
    Why WACC made wildstar so much better. Right click for dodge? Yes please.

It's a shame that Deadlock extended is the only thing still getting updates.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    ^
    Why WACC made wildstar so much better. Right click for dodge? Yes please.

It's a shame that Deadlock extended is the only thing still getting updates.
    There is an AHK script for Wildstar that seems to work quite well. I haven't worked with it extensively, but gave it a try to compare it. There is room for improvement, but I do like the ability to bind mouse buttons.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/com...ombat_mode_10/

Will stalker tanking be kinda like brewmaster in wow (mostly relying on dodging, self buffs etc)? Im not sure if i should roll a warrior tank or a stalker tank when this comes out.

And when is this game coming out? I havent paid much attention to it

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Will stalker tanking be kinda like brewmaster in wow (mostly relying on dodging, self buffs etc)? Im not sure if i should roll a warrior tank or a stalker tank when this comes out.

And when is this game coming out? I havent paid much attention to it
    They havent announce any date, tho they often said it will be spring 2014, so until before June 21. Gotta see if they make it tho, they have the opportunity to push it for later this year if things arent ready as they want since they didnt give any real date.

These access weekends make me think they're now locked into a release window.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    They havent announce any date, tho they often said it will be spring 2014, so until before June 21. Gotta see if they make it tho, they have the opportunity to push it for later this year if things arent ready as they want since they didnt give any real date.
    The latest window is from the NCSoft earnings call a few weeks ago, which said "mid 2014." So it could go into later June or July, but still not too far off really.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Funny, I have an email where they're saying it's coming in 2013.

I'm pretty much to the point where "when it's ready" is the only thing one could say about a WS release. I hope it's soon though, I want a permanent character...

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

A rather interesting post on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/com...y_keys/cft76xh

"To clarify, we said (last week I believe) that that was it for the weekly keys for this phase of beta. (I couldn't fit that in the tweet as well).
    I'm bursting to tell you guys some stuff, but basically Very Soon (tm) you won't have to worry about hoop jumping via other sites to get a taste of Nexus. That said, hang fire for some news later today on more special access weekends via partner sites."

My personal take on that is open beta is coming very soon (tm) but until then there is perhaps one or two more open weekends? If they had another two that would make four.. and then a four week open beta.. and then you know what happens after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    My personal take on that is open beta is coming very soon (tm) but until then there is perhaps one or two more open weekends? If they had another two that would make four.. and then a four week open beta.. and then you know what happens after that.
    There have been 3 beta weekends already

Deleted
    next phase of beta by the end of march and open beta in may / june is what i think will happen (from that reddit post)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    next phase of beta by the end of march and open beta in may / june is what i think will happen (from that reddit post)
    My hopes: preorder, get beta access now, keep character at launch :P

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    My hopes: preorder, get beta access now, keep character at launch :P
    I highly doubt beta characters won't be wiped or atleast limited to a certain level
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    do you think wildstar will be out before wod? i really want to play wildstar but if wod comes sooner than ws i will be forced to play wod cause im not paying for 2 games.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that Tea I mean I bet they will do an early access at some point. Just don't think it will be soon. I am thinking maybe open beta in May, character wipe and early access for pre-orders the last week or two before launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kreten View Post
    do you think wildstar will be out before wod? i really want to play wildstar but if wod comes sooner than ws i will be forced to play wod cause im not paying for 2 games.
    Or you could just play whichever you would prefer to play and not let arbitrary things "force" you to do something you don't want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    no one can say with 100% certainty, as neither release date has been anounced so far, but the chance of wildstar being released after wod is very, very small. carbine knows that they can not compete with blizzard. likely release for wildstar is late spring or summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    These access weekends make me think they're now locked into a release window.
    Well it would have been nice of them to ensure all those who signed up with them had access before letting other sites give out access. After watching much of it on Twitch and the like I am still not seeing enough to get me to buy it, certainly different look and such but no killer feature that sells me on it. Hopefully that will come
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

I think Warlords of Draenor will come out less than a month after WildStar. Blizzard does not want WildStar to get any sort of foothold or momentum especially because WildStar's core focus is raiding, just like WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Or you could just play whichever you would prefer to play and not let arbitrary things "force" you to do something you don't want to.
    I think the problem here is a lot of people don't mind one subscription, but they can't justify two subscriptions. So it is one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by c0da View Post
    I think the problem here is a lot of people don't mind one subscription, but they can't justify two subscriptions. So it is one or the other.
    No I totally get that But I don't see why one would pick one over the other based off which one comes out first, especially if they would rather play a particular one.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    No I totally get that But I don't see why one would pick one over the other based off which one comes out first, especially if they would rather play a particular one.
    I wish it was black and white like that, but I can like two separate things, and see both positives and negatives in both. So if two games that I like come out in virtually the same time frame I would be forced to choose one if I can only pay one subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c0da View Post
    I think Warlords of Draenor will come out less than a month after WildStar. Blizzard does not want WildStar to get any sort of foothold or momentum especially because WildStar's core focus is raiding, just like WoW.
    i very much doubt that wildstar is important enough to blizzard to influence the wod release date in a big way. that's not to say blizzard won't take it into consideration at all, but probably less so than other factors, like their own development progress or holiday sale time.

also, trying to keep people from becoming attached to wildstar might be one idea, but releasing 3+ months after it could also lead to better wod sales, as that apparently tends to be the time when many people quit newly released mmos.