Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Well, did you hear the big news?

They unveiled solo end game!

It's a zone with dailies!

Yay!
    That doesn't exactly apply to his question at all.
    As far as what you should try...Spellslinger sounds like exactly the class you are looking for, Emfg.

Feels like some of the posters want the game to fail. No game is above critic and people like different things/styles/looks/mechanics (and dislike them). As many have have shared their opinion in this thread, I'll do the same here:
    No, the game isn't and won't be perfect. False promises will happen (it didn't launch yet). That doesn't mean that some won't like and enjoy the game. If you already know you won't, have shared plenty of times why and what bothers you, why not go discuss something else? Or does people really want to talk it down enough so that others feel the same way they do about the game?

My opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So no open beta?
    Nope they changed their minds, NCSoft rather make everyone who wasn't in beta pay to get Beta access. But Carbine atleast gets to have Elder Game testing from players Level 32+, so that is a plus but you can only play on Weekends like everyone else. If you preorder you are capped at level 17 unless you got a character to Level 32+.

What I see going on here is NCSoft is to focused on making bank instead of making sure the game is as ready as it can be. Reminds me alot of EA putting all that stress on BioWare which worries me even more.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2014-03-17 at 09:49 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Feels like some of the posters want the game to fail. No game is above critic and people like different things/styles/looks/mechanics (and dislike them). As many have have shared their opinion in this thread, I'll do the same here:
    No, the game isn't and won't be perfect. False promises will happen (it didn't launch yet). That doesn't mean that some won't like and enjoy the game. If you already know you won't, have shared plenty of times why and what bothers you, why not go discuss something else? Or does people really want to talk it down enough so that others feel the same way they do about the game?

My opinion
    I suppose they feel compelled to push opinions upon others. Just like one may like to find someone in the thread who likes the game, they may like to find (or push) people who dislike the game. So they go to the thread where they can do that the most effectively on this site.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Nope they changed their minds, NCSoft rather make everyone who wasn't in beta pay to get Beta access. But Carbine atleast gets to have Elder Games testing from players Level 32+, so that is a plus, but you can still only play on Weekends. If you preorder you are capped at level 17.

What I see going on here is NCSoft is to focused on making bank instead of making sure the game is as ready as it can be. Reminds me alot of EA & BioWare which worries me even more.
    Why are you spouting misinformation? They've stated there will be an open beta quite recently. They have not stated when it is, but that does not mean, "Oh noes! They lied and there is no open beta and they just stealing moneyz!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Its easy to fix, but hard to organize.
    that helps, yes. but even disregarding the additional amount of organization needed, i still think it's not the same as having everyone in the group be able to hear and/or talk in the same channel.

that said, i can also see having 40 people in a channel being awesome on a select few occasions, particularly when a really big and difficult boss goes down for the first time. 40 people cheer louder than 10 people! :D

Feels like some of the posters want the game to fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xayon View Post
    I suppose they feel compelled to push opinions upon others.
    there will always be some who only want to tell everyone how much they hate the game and don't want to hear anything positive said about it, just like there will always be some who only want to praise the game to high heaven and don't want to hear anything negative about. and that is true for any game (or pretty much anything in this world^^).
    i usually find it best to just ignore both of those.

but i'm pretty sure most of the people who are or have been active in this thread, including those who keep criticising it, are at least considering to buy/play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xayon View Post
    Why are you spouting misinformation? They've stated there will be an open beta quite recently. They have not stated when it is, but that does not mean, "Oh noes! They lied and there is no open beta and they just stealing moneyz!"
    What would be the point of giving people that pre-order access to beta as a perk if everyone can play open beta anyway? I think it will work like GW2, weekend betas but no open betas. But it is always a possibility.

Deleted

My opinion
    I think they are just very disappointed. Carbine and especially Jeremy Gaffney talked quite a lot about different aspects of MMO design, business models, the prominence of solo play in modern MMOs, etc that really resonated well with many people who were active in this thread from pretty much the very start. They really seemed to be the 1st MMO developer that talks very openly about their design philosophy and really "gets it" when it comes to the issues of the genre as a whole. Unfortunately many of this talks were just talks or at least the product didn't live up to the high expectations set by articles and interviews coming from Carbine.

Hell, I remember a few hundred pages back some of this people (looking at you Kelimbror and Bardarian) who you think want the game to fail were fierce supporters of Wildstar to the point they were almost annoying, but now criticize it quite a lot and rightfully so as Wildstar turned out to be just another iteration that is doing many things very well, but has all the weaknesses that shouldn't have been there if the developers simply followed their own words.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    What would be the point of giving people that pre-order access to beta as a perk if everyone can play open beta anyway? I think it will work like GW2, weekend betas but no open betas. But it is always a possibility.
    Because they get to play it more than just open beta? It is also not the only perk associated with pre-order. They explicitly stated there would be an open beta.

Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    I think they are just very disappointed. Carbine and especially Jeremy Gaffney talked quite a lot about different aspects of MMO design, business models, the prominence of solo play in modern MMOs, etc that really resonated well with many people who were active in this thread from pretty much the very start. They really seemed to be the 1st MMO developer that talks very openly about their design philosophy and really "gets it" when it comes to the issues of the genre as a whole. Unfortunately many of this talks were just talks or at least the product didn't live up to the high expectations set by articles and interviews coming from Carbine.

Hell, I remember a few hundred pages back some of this people (looking at you Kelimbror and Bardarian) who you think want the game to fail were fierce supporters of Wildstar to the point they were almost annoying, but now criticize it quite a lot and rightfully so as Wildstar turned out to be just another iteration that is doing many things very well, but has all the weaknesses that shouldn't have been there if the developers simply followed their own words.
    I don't think they want it to fail. Feels like they do sometimes though. I understand high expectations leading to disappointment, I guess we've all been there.
    People can and should post what they want, if not breaking code of condut and whatnot. Just find it weird (dunno if that's the best word to describe it) that people who are disappointed and/or have decided that this game isn't for them continue to visit the thread after voicing it very clearly and repeatedly. I do ignore it, as someone is bound to tell me to, but wanted to give my 2 cents on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Nope they changed their minds, NCSoft rather make everyone who wasn't in beta pay to get Beta access. But Carbine atleast gets to have Elder Game testing from players Level 32+, so that is a plus but you can only play on Weekends like everyone else. If you preorder you are capped at level 17 unless you got a character to Level 32+.

What I see going on here is NCSoft is to focused on making bank instead of making sure the game is as ready as it can be. Reminds me alot of EA putting all that stress on BioWare which worries me even more.
    there is an open beta. Pre-ordering just means you'll get to play every weekend upto launch.

If NCsoft has anything to do with the whole beta access stuff, then I wouldn't blame them.

They let Wildstar be delayed and have been very patient with Carbine. They have to start marketing/pushing out the product now, they have to make some money.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar turned out to be just another iteration that is doing many things very well, but has all the weaknesses that shouldn't have been there if the developers simply followed their own words.
    Very well put and very true. It's almost like the willfully misled people into 'buying in' to Wildstar. I'm surprised they let the truth be revealed prior to preorders.
    BAD WOLF

Honestly I never really thought solo elder game would be much besides what they have said it would be. The only exception is the group events, but that makes it better than what I thought especially if you don't have to actually form groups to do it. Sort of free form like events in GW2.

I think we are all too old and expect too much.

Deleted
    Wildstar is exactly what I was hoping for... After so many disappointments (gw2. Tera, tsw, swtor and partially rift), that led me back to WoW, I was lucky enough to get an early beta invite and play the game for almost a year now...
    Believe it or not reminded me my early days in wow... Yes I could not believe it my self, but Wildstar, actually brought new stuff to the genre, combat is so much addicting, I caught my self, grinding mobs after my quest was done, just because I wanted to fight...

I am not much into lore, so I won't comment on that, I actually kinda rushed to 50 (esper and engineer), since I mostly care for end game, and that's where Wildstat shine... I don't know how much people can understand from videos or streams, but I can tell you that once you set foot into high end raiding content you will realize that something good is about to happen, and that's the refreshing raiding environment with everything that involves.

Boss fights are very well designed and beating an encounter feels really good, and epic... WoW was like that as well... But here is something I so much missed the last few years...the unique feeling of bringing down a boss that you never did on the past in an easier mode... Damn feels good.

Trash in the 20 men raid felt like mini bosses, a basic level of communication seemed to be mandatory if you wanted to efficiently and successfully to get passed them... Even though I hate trash, in wildstar kinda kept interested...

Playing the game for like 1 year as I said, I never got bored... Crafting is nice and interesting, PvP in engaging, dungeons in low levels are not trivial, you actually need to do something to kill a boss... And veterans, oh veterans... They are really challenging...

Are there things I didn't like in wildstar? Several...

I found quests to be somewhat same as in every other game, challenges and paths did not engage me at all, the fact that only six classes are available is noticeable, I would prefer more dungeons and less adventures (especially for the range 24-30), las system would be perfect if we could have active 2 more abilities (not that it's bad now)... And more that I can't no of right now...

But guys honestly, this game is loveable and addicting...

Finally an mmo really worth to play... And it is not the hype talking, it's the almost 1 year of experience I have playing it!!!

Yeah, basically. My bf and I were admittedly completely enthralled by their videos. The dev speaks make everything look 100x better than it actually is. Their marketing is very good. I would pre-order if the game were B2P, but I don't consider it subscription worthy for my play style. I do still have interest in the game, but I'm in a long term 'wait and see' mode. I'm basically 50/50 on the game but the con 50 is enough to keep me from buying without changes being made. I still like reading posts about it and, frankly, repeatedly providing input is necessary as few newcomers seem interested in even going back 5 pages to read people's reviews after the NDA was dropped.

I fully believe everyone should try it out for themselves. If I allowed negative feedback to keep me from trying games I would have missed out on a lot of great titles. Not everyone has the same tastes or gaming preferences, but hopefully people sharing both positive and negative experiences will give newcomers points of reference with which to judge the game for themselves.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do we know what the physical collector's edition will contain yet? And it's not up as "coming soon" on bestbuy, amazon, or gamestop.

It can be a B2P game you know. You don't have to pay the sub fee with real money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Do we know what the physical collector's edition will contain yet? And it's not up as "coming soon" on bestbuy, amazon, or gamestop.

It can be a B2P game you know. You don't have to pay the sub fee with real money.
    I thought they said there will be no physical CE >.>

And no, it cannot be B2P. It is a subscription based game. You can purchase the CRED with in-game currency and use it to avoid paying the subscription yourself, but the subscription is still needed to play. No active subscription, no active account, which is not the case with B2P games.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I meant. It's essentially B2P because the way I see it is you're not spending anything other than the cost of the game to play it. Only real money is used to buy the game, then in game gold to pay the sub fee essenitally.

Tera had a similar system and, as I've said before, unless you were already at max level doing profitable things at end game keeping up with the price of admission was not feasible. At an average character level of about 40, after about 3 months of play (altoholic :P), I nearly wiped out my gold supply paying for another month (and only really did so because I knew it would be my last).

Wildstar is, frankly, a game I can only play in moderation due to the grindy feel of it, which means I'd never make enough in game currency to sustain a subscription.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson