Apologies if this has been covered; I couldn't find it with a thread search...

Is Carbine doing anything with the social system to show real names? Wondering if they'll borrow a page from Blizzard's Real ID system, or if we'll only see account/character names depending on friend type.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    I gave the beta a try, with my i7 4700mq 2400ghz quadcore i could hardly get above 20 fps, uninstalled after 2-3h of playtime, simply not acceptable for a game that looks slightly prettier then wow to run that bad when i can run crysis 2 on almost full resolution.
    If the game get quadcore support, i would give it a try for sure.
    Not enough information to know why you had issues. Also, different systems have different hurdles. I have an i5, decent vid card, and an SSD. I play on max at 60fps in non dense areas. i7's can actually reduce your performance in MMOs unless you disable certain features on them. Additionally, MMOs and crysis 2 aren't relatable in practically any way that is relevant to performance. MMOs and traditional games put load on different areas in completely different ways. Also - the internet.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    As I said before, I may have missed it - but where does it tell me what stats I need to concentrate on for a particular class? Or does it not matter?
    Ive only played an Engineer, but I can only assume the attribute system is no different for other classes. You can see that in your Builder (B) that abilities fall under category's. For me I have category's like Assault, Support, etc. If you look under your character sheet (P) and look at the main attributes you can see that they increase abilities in certain category's. On the right side of your character you can see the break down for which stat affects what attributes, then cross reference which attributes affect the category that has the abilities you prefer to use. If your looking to be a tank then obviously you want stats that increase attributes that increase abilities for the category with tank like abilities. Same goes for healer or dps. Its a little confusing at first but once you make the connection its kinda neat.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish there was some kind of notification when you get disconnected or whatever. So many times now I have been running across the map only to find out when I get somewhere that I can't click/fight/whatever and it turns out I had been DC'd a few hundred meters back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still don't know why my setup, which is around the same as Kelimbror's other than my lack of an SSD, runs at 45fps in most of the areas in the game, although I heard the latest hotfix improved the fps for alot of users

10+ Year Old Account
    It is that way for all classes for stats. Chief Sarcan put up this nice guide, I've book marked it for quick reference for the different classes I currently playing.

http://www.wildstarfans.net/2013/12/...o-classes.html

ps: I have i5, game runs smooth as silk. It really is i7 kinks they need to work out.
    Last edited by Kiry; 2014-05-14 at 09:01 PM.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave the beta a try, with my i7 4700mq 2400ghz quadcore i could hardly get above 20 fps, uninstalled after 2-3h of playtime, simply not acceptable for a game that looks slightly prettier then wow to run that bad when i can run crysis 2 on almost full resolution.
    What's your GPU?

I have an i7 3930 and GTX680, I'm at almost always 60fps, on near max graphics. My only concern is the temp my GPU runs at (although it had dropped to 75 degrees when I played a little tonight and if it stays like that in all zones I'm happy).
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2014-05-14 at 09:04 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Still don't know why my setup, which is around the same as Kelimbror's other than my lack of an SSD, runs at 45fps in most of the areas in the game, although I heard the latest hotfix improved the fps for alot of users
    This is my exact system with that performance(minus 8g of ripjaw ram which is, lol w/e):MSI Z87-G45 Gaming LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Pro Gaming

MSI Gaming N760 TF 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card

Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor

SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE500BW 2.5" 500GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    It is that way for all classes for stats. Chief Sarcan put up this nice guide, I've book marked it for quick reference for the different classes I currently playing.

http://www.wildstarfans.net/2013/12/...o-classes.html

ps: I have i5, game runs smooth as silk. It really is i7 kinks they need to work out.
    Very nice! Now I dont have to do all the cross referencing in game lol.

I seriously want to start shooting at people like this guy.

Please do not insult or threaten other posters. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-05-18 at 08:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I seriously want to start shooting at people like this guy.
    Then you might want to turn off the computer and go outside. The interwebz takes all kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    So I have to go outside the game to find out information on playing the game? And what does that have to do with making the game difficult?
    Yea. Or you could actually mouse over those stats on your character profile. Like on any RPG... ever?

O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    This is my exact system with that performance(minus 8g of ripjaw ram which is, lol w/e):MSI Z87-G45 Gaming LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Pro Gaming

MSI Gaming N760 TF 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card

Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor

SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE500BW 2.5" 500GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Can't make an exact comlarison right now because I'm only home at the weekends(lol military)

What do you need to do to form a guild in wildstar? is it like wow where you need 10 signatures?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, playing SSlinger in low level bg's (level 11) So much fun. Doing around 70k+ dmg per win and like 30-40k healing. Pretty op. Was able to kite like 3 players at 1 point, although they did have bad coordination.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    What do you need to do to form a guild in wildstar? is it like wow where you need 10 signatures?
    I don't think so, I think you just need 10g.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Then you might want to turn off the computer and go outside. The interwebz takes all kinds.
    But they exist outside as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Hope they fix spellslinger dps amps asap, by now they are incredibly rare drops, for example i need a frakkin tier 2 assault amp in order to unlock assassinate but on commodity broker there are only buy orders for about 10g and nobosy selling them
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Well, that was unexpected, The game is actually lots of fun to play!

I have to admit though (and mind you, this is not a negative aspect per sé): It's IDENTICAL to WoW. Sure, the theme is Sci-Fi rather than D&D/medival, but everything else is quite literally the same.

That said, good fun!

There are a lot of similar elements but not everything is literally the same.