Quote Originally Posted by Lazslo View Post
    Can I get a NA guest pass pweaz?
    Come on man there's a thread for it already. Stop filling this thread up with begging

skill amps sure are expensive

do they reliably drop anywhere or are they completely random

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkuri View Post
    I can't fairly compare Wildstar to a standard / traditional MMO foundation similiar to WoW, SWTOR, Rift, Aion, or even GW2.
    It's pretty different, with a fair amount of quick-reaction strategy with the telegraph combat system.

There are some features and standard mechanics taken from Western and Eastern RPG's / MMORPG's, but overall, I'd say there really isn't any other game like it unless you mix-match multiple games with selected aspects compiled into one.

Hardcore.
    The only things really setting WSO combat apart from combat in other MMOs are Limited Action Set (instead of having access to your whole arsenal, which is currently causing bloat issues in WoW) and the fact that most skills are in fact aimed instead of targeted (there's exceptions) which require players to actually think about positioning for both themselves, and the targets they want the skill to hit (whether enemy or ally).
    Oh - And Sprint, Double Jump, and Dash. Pretty important to encounter design.
    GW2 had limited action bars, and dodge, but it wasn't nearly as customizable since many skills were tied to your weapon, not to mention you could only fit certain skills into certain slots (healing slot, meh).

Those things, to me, do not set it apart that dramatically - it still feels like a western MMORPG to me, just on another level. Not that it's "surpassed" WoW or is "better" or anything, I'm speaking from a purely mechanical level, it feels like I'm still playing WoW... just with enhanced combat. I've played a small handful of eastern MMOs, and this doesn't really feel like it (can't even remember the name of one of 'em actually, wish I could bring it up).

The telegraph system does not set it apart - The WSO telegraph system just makes all skill telegraphs uniform and easy-to-read. WoW has telegraphs too, as does every MMO I've ever played - but most of them do not have bright colorful drawings on the ground to show you where they hit in a clear, precise manner. Have you, or anybody in your raids, ever died to an effect and then suddenly on vent, you/they are saying "What, how did that hit me, I thought I got out of it!"
    This telegraph system does away with that. When you get hit, you know it. Combat logs, of course, are the end-all argument breaker on that, but telegraphs help do away with the questions of how you died to something.

When going through Stormtalon's Lair, I didn't feel like my dungeon experience was dramatically different from that of dungeons in WoW, or GW2, or anywhere else. It was simply another dungeon, but with some real challenge, and with the fact that I had to think about which skills I needed equipped, and positioning.
    To be fair, I already have to think about positioning in WoW and GW2 - but only in terms of what is going to hit me. Not in terms of my skills hitting others.
    (Not that I haven't had a "real challenge" in other MMOs, but this actually made me think. I haven't really had to do much thinking about how to clear a dungeon in the past beyond "How do I get the rest of my group to stop doing it wrong?")
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2014-06-03 at 11:29 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    skill amps sure are expensive

do they reliably drop anywhere or are they completely random
    get Ampfinder addon. When you hover over the amp skill in your tree it will tell you where to get it.

Where are your guest passes?

Checked my email and I am not seeing any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Where are your guest passes?
    Mine? In email.

"Your WildStar guest passes are available now" ~ NCSOFT Support <support@ncsoft.com>

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Mine? In email.

"Your WildStar guest passes are available now" ~ NCSOFT Support <support@ncsoft.com>
    Sigh... please tell me this isn't a screw up of theirs.

Because this could be one of those types of deal where they lose a couple of potential players that are actually wanting to give it a shot after seeing me play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, the GW2 Facebook page made a really classy post about 11 hours ago.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh... please tell me this isn't a screw up of theirs.
    Huh? You might need to explain more clearly, it's 2:32 am.

As far as I know, they "just" started sending those codes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Huh? You might need to explain more clearly, it's 2:32 am.
    I haven't gotten any kind of an email from them for launch.

Though I am beginning to hear that no one has on the NA side? Which is pretty retarded but hey whatever. Let's give out the free passes to the side that is falling apart and imploding upon itself from insane waiting lines but make the NA people sweat it a bit.

Deleted
    Does anyone know any interesting youtubers playing this to get a good idea of the game. can only find old ones

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    Does anyone know any interesting youtubers playing this to get a good idea of the game. can only find old ones
    Check out twitch tv, theres often quite a few 'high profile' streamers like kungen, sodapoppin, and towelliee streaming.

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/WildStar

does anyone have a 7 day pass they wanna toss me?

Quote Originally Posted by ttudboz View Post
    First off so happy they are offering free transfers NA side at least also i got my guest passes via email.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't gotten any kind of an email from them for launch.

Though I am beginning to hear that no one has on the NA side? Which is pretty retarded but hey whatever. Let's give out the free passes to the side that is falling apart and imploding upon itself from insane waiting lines but make the NA people sweat it a bit.
    I'm NA and I just got my email with 3 codes in it to give away...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ttudboz View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1529732-Wildstar-Consolidated-Guest-Pass-Request-Thread/

Deleted
    I love this game. I couldn't play until sunday evening but my god this game is amazing. I recently dinged lvl 20, I haven't encountered a single bug, the FPS is stable, story and gameplay amazing. The only two bad things I've found is the health bar bug(which I fixed via an addon) and the clunkyness of the chat, otherwise there is nothing to complain about. Hopefully the next 30 levels are as fun!

Anyone who play on Ascendancy EU, feel free to add me: Seophyn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1529732-Wildstar-Consolidated-Guest-Pass-Request-Thread/
    Its already eight pages long though. Wow!
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Just spent 30 minutes wiping on the last boss of skullcano with my guild. Our healer kept dying to the walls for some reason, and tbh i was getting kinda irritated (since its litterally just running away while not stepping into red circles). After some random chit chat our healer asked our dps why he was so much faster than him during corpseruns?

Yes

Our healer got to level 35+ without knowing that shift key was the sprint. The reason he kept dying was because he was normal running away from the wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Our healer got to level 35+ without knowing that shift key was the sprint. The reason he kept dying was because he was normal running away from the wall.
    Oh I would be raging over that. lol
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

So what NA server are all of the cool kids playing on?

And by cool kids I mean Dominion, of course. But Exiles are okay, I guess.