10+ Year Old Account
    Where do they say you buy the bosses? Everybody I asked said they actually had to defeat it last weekend

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I wonder if they are going to do something about the first 10-15 levels then, all I have heard so far is how terrible they are <.<
    Bit late now to redesign the starting zones, I would not call them terrible either, the only crappy part is the Arkship which can be completed in 15 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they are going to do something about the first 10-15 levels then, all I have heard so far is how terrible they are <.<
    It's the first 6 levels that are terrible, you start off in a cramped and linear ship that mostly has you moving from place to place, then at level 3 ypu get to a much more open zone that's still not big enough, it's around level 8 that you get into the real world of the game

10+ Year Old Account
    I should probably read about the classes and stuff to see what I want to play lol! :P I almost always pick "Roguey" characters in MMO's first, but looks like they are the most popular?
    You're a towel.

I should probably read about the classes and stuff to see what I want to play lol! :P I almost always pick "Roguey" characters in MMO's first, but looks like they are the most popular?
    I picked Esper because the discription seemed nice. Was also fun to play. Now I read here that Esper is the only class that cannot do anything while moving? Great.. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    How fast is leveling, or to put it differently, how many hours should it take to reach 15/20?
    I honestly have no idea at this point. The have increased xp gains a number of times, but I just haven't been able to bring myself back to try the low levels again >< Plus if you are easily distracted like I am it'll take longer because there is a lot of wandering and random challenges and stuff you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Where do they say you buy the bosses? Everybody I asked said they actually had to defeat it last weekend
    I'll have to go find it because I don't remember exactly at this point. The only thing I remember hearing you have to defeat a boss first is if you want to use your elder gems to buy gear that would drop from the boss. That gear will be locked until you have the achievement for beating it.

Yea Stalker are the most popular atm, they also imo are the class which feels the most fun quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I picked Esper because the discription seemed nice. Was also fun to play. Now I read here that Esper is the only class that cannot do anything while moving? Great.. ;D
    It's not true, you still have plenty of mobile abilities, such as Haunt, Psychic frenzy, Blade dance, Illusionary Blades. Not even counting istant ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, people who say that ‘subs went up because of X that I loved.’ and ‘subs went down because of X that I hated’ tend to be people who are incapable of looking outside of themselves and incapable of seeing the bigger picture.

Why? Because you do not represent everyone, you don’t even represent the average player. You are not the everyman, you are you. You can’t be the majority and the diamond in the rough at the same time. The majority of people did not 40 man raid, maybe the majority of people you raided with were raiders, but certainly not the majority of players.

For every single sub loss there is an individual reason, wow was one of three or four mmo’s at that time, now there are 3 dozen mmo’s, 6 dozen mmo like games, 3/6 consoles with hundreds if not thousands of online games, app games and hundreds of thousands of social media games. The gaming population has not steadily grown, for every kid that starts playing MMO’s you have potentially a new adult going off and getting a life/job/wife/kids.

But people who are self-centered allways attribute sub losses to things they hate and sub gains to things they love, because everyone is just like them amiright?
    If it were possible for me to reach through a screen and hug someone I'd be doing it right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I am going to try esper first, from the descriptions. I'll probably try all of them out a bit though, I have all weekend!
    You're a towel.

Oh I found the boss token thing. It was on the Warplots page.

"What's your definition of the World's Best Boss? How about one that defends your fortress and kills your enemies? With Boss Tokens, you'll be able to summon gargantuan freaks to do just that and a whole lot more. Because the next best thing to being your own boss is owning one!"

It's in the build section http://wildstar-online.com/en/game/features/warplots/

I think they said somewhere you buy Boss Token with the War Coins you get from doing Warplot fights but I might have imagined that one after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    It's not true, you still have plenty of mobile abilities, such as Haunt, Psychic frenzy, Blade dance, Illusionary Blades. Not even counting istant ones.

Isn't there an amp that turns the main skill into a mobile melee skill?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mag07 View Post
    From a woman's perspective, and those in my WoW guild, we've played in the beta - loved many aspects of WS to bits, but we just can't stand the bouncing all around combat - it's tiring to just look at my character constantly on the move, it's fun in short bursts, but hardly enjoyable in the long run. I may be stereotyping here a bit, but I think you'll find actiony type games have bigger male population then your average ratio.
    Doot doot doot 3 pages later

As a fellow female, I actually really find the combat in WildStar far superior to the boring standing around in other MMOs. When I played WoW, I was a hunter, and the elimination of stand-still casting on steady shot/cobra was one of my favorite things to ever happen to the class. I mean, they had already gotten rid of the stuttering you had to do when it interrupted your auto shots, so this was clearly the next step... ;P

But no, seriously, I NEVER stood still on my hunter. I went back to watch a few of our kill videos the other day because of nostalgia, and I honestly was surprised with how much elective movement I did. Once you're at a point with your rotation where you can do it with your eyes closed, standing around doing literally nothing is boring as all get-out, and I distinctively remember feeling sleepy on fights like H Ultrax. If I wasn't raid leading, I'd have probably fallen asleep. xD

This is why I love WS's combat. As a stalker, I am actively encouraged to bounce all over the place, especially when I tank. And unlike WoW, you don't have 700 million buttons, so it's very, very easy to get your rotation down pat (especially if you go for a build with more CC and less cooldowns like I do. I can't trust PuGs to break boss interrupt armor correctly, which is frustrating because I always take the time to explain fights to new players. >.>; ) So you have an easy-to-remember list of buttons, and most Stalker abilities have short CDs so you don't have to track them. It really opens the gameplay up for you to actively avoid all non-white damage, and I absolutely love it.

I wouldn't explicitly describe myself as a hyperactive player - I'm not a hyperactive person in real life at all, I'm your run-of-the-mill quiet person. But I just can't get enough of active combat. Gone are the days of tanking Baleroc and literally going AFK because of your dodge chance. Even if you're a level 50 soloing old content (I was doing some runs at 50 of normal mode STL to help boost lowbies) you STILL can't check out during the fight because you will absolutely take too much damage, and you will get your lowbies killed.

Now, I would believe that action combat is more popular with men because action itself is just.. more popular with men. Apparently, we women are more drawn to social constructs in games (So actually we are a large part of the MMO playerbase) as well as things like sims. But, while I personally enjoy those a lot as well, I do find that having to pay attention during combat like you do in WS is much, much, much more interesting to me than the good 'ol "set up in this spot, never move unless I absolutely HAVE to" stuff that most MMOs do.

And yes, zito, before you ask, I still have not tried Tera. :P
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Does anyone else feel that female hips wag too much from side to side as they run? If a lady did this it would knock people over and they would never be allowed in china shops. :P

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Does anyone else feel that female hips wag too much from side to side as they run? If a lady did this it would knock people over and they would never be allowed in china shops. :P
    Almost all characters, males included, saunter extravagantly and it is glorious. I can't tell you how awesome it is to see a Cassian male throwing his hips and chest around like a boss. It's not gender based, it's just their animation style. I can understand some people may think it's too ridiculous, but I love it.
    BAD WOLF

yeah it is intended for everything to be exaggerated in the game, it is the style of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    How fast is leveling, or to put it differently, how many hours should it take to reach 15/20?
    I think for someone who hasn't played before a good 4 hours at least.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Oh I found the boss token thing. It was on the Warplots page.

"What's your definition of the World's Best Boss? How about one that defends your fortress and kills your enemies? With Boss Tokens, you'll be able to summon gargantuan freaks to do just that and a whole lot more. Because the next best thing to being your own boss is owning one!"

It's in the build section http://wildstar-online.com/en/game/features/warplots/

I think they said somewhere you buy Boss Token with the War Coins you get from doing Warplot fights but I might have imagined that one after all.
    CBA to start digging stuff, but IIRC they said you need to defeat the boss before you can buy it with the coin. And it's a single use consumable only. And the coin is "expensive", lots of "warplot material/currency" required.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    CBA to start digging stuff, but IIRC they said you need to defeat the boss before you can buy it with the coin. And it's a single use consumable only. And the coin is "expensive", lots of "warplot material/currency" required.
    Yeah...but you still don't do anything special to capture it in this case. You simply beat it and then use a token to put it on a warplot. They make it sound like you are actively capturing the mob to put it on your plot...something that would be additional challenge and intrigue beyond simply defeating it.
    BAD WOLF

CLD7-78M6-SDHW-B468-6543

NA key for the upcoming beta weekend (Friday April 25 at 7:00am PDT - Sunday April 27 at 11:59pm PDT) if anyone is interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah...but you still don't do anything special to capture it in this case. You simply beat it and then use a token to put it on a warplot. They make it sound like you are actively capturing the mob to put it on your plot...something that would be additional challenge and intrigue beyond simply defeating it.
    This is disheartening, even though I never planned to do Warplots anyway.

They really did make it sound like you had to beat a boss down and then capture it, alive, to unleash it on people. I was looking forward to seeing things like that in action. What would it take? A giant electrified net? Or perhaps twelve thousand elephant tranquilizers?
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby