The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    Arlee was so kind to enlighten me via pm.

i feel very not-native-english-speaker-y right now. puns are hard :/
    I forget that people talking in perfect English aren't actually English. Even you saying you're from the EU, I just read that as you are from Eumerica. :-/ Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i don't know what you're talking about. aurin are just a gorgeous and majestic people, each and every one of them!
    I thought you were serious lol. If you want to laugh with any of the races, just drag every single slider all the way up, or all the way down. Enjoy the results.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    The hell? my old level 30 beta character was deleted for some reason, infact, none of the characters in his realm are there
    The character wipe was today. They said they would wipe them all ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Character wipe just happened
    AHHHHHHH THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!!!!! /RIOT

and poo, I was hoping to get another play in before the wipe happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    These are the general concerns:
    • Concern if we are on a RP server people will be picked on/yelled at for not RP'ing
    • Concern if we look at doing a guild alliance or something our guild might not be liked because it won't be considered an RP name
    • Concern people will report them for not having good RP names
    • Concern that RP realms usually tend to be smaller so we might not be able to get enough people to raid

Those are the main ones and almost all of them are moot points :/
    I know this is anecdotal but everyone I've met from RP servers in WoW and anyone I've heard talk about it as well have all had issues with them when it comes to raiding. Not all, but it seems most are really bad. I'm not talking heroic modes either, they had issues on normal mode casual raiding. I've also witnessed a few openly brag about being fully decked out in LFR gear and say some pretty ridiculous things. If you're not interested in raiding then I can see it not being an issue but it seems like your friends want that option open. PvE realms tend to be a good balance of kind people and serious raiders. Not elitists which you usually find on PvP servers. In my experience anyways.

Well it's my intention to do mythic raiding in WoD (if that ever comes out) and do 40 man raiding in Wildstar. It seems weird to me RP'ers wouldn't be perfectly capable players though. I mean nothing that goes on with RP'ing would preclude having the needed skill set. I'm pretty much staying out of the discussion though because I honestly don't care what server we end up on because there are too many unknowns to be able to make any sort of "good" choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    I know this is anecdotal but everyone I've met from RP servers in WoW and anyone I've heard talk about it as well have all had issues with them when it comes to raiding. Not all, but it seems most are really bad. I'm not talking heroic modes either, they had issues on normal mode casual raiding. I've also witnessed a few openly brag about being fully decked out in LFR gear and say some pretty ridiculous things. If you're not interested in raiding then I can see it not being an issue but it seems like your friends want that option open. PvE realms tend to be a good balance of kind people and serious raiders. Not elitists which you usually find on PvP servers. In my experience anyways.
    Coming from a small RP server myself (EU-Arguswacht), I can concur with the above.
    If you're interested in serious raiding, go pure PvE.

It seems weird to me RP'ers wouldn't be perfectly capable players though
    Many are.
    Insufficient realm population usually is the problem.
    Esp when you want to run 40man raids.

Not sure how severe it will be in WS though, since there are A LOT fewer servers compared to WoW.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2014-05-29 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    My partner is demanding we buy this game and play it together.

Yay or nay?
    Do what most of us are doing, play it till December then decide if you want WoD or not. Least this will be giving us content till then.

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't she simply beautiful? :x
    My god what the hell is that thing!

Well it's my intention to do mythic raiding in WoD (if that ever comes out) and do 40 man raiding in Wildstar. It seems weird to me RP'ers wouldn't be perfectly capable players though. I mean nothing that goes on with RP'ing would preclude having the needed skill set. I'm pretty much staying out of the discussion though because I honestly don't care what server we end up on because there are too many unknowns to be able to make any sort of "good" choice.
    Yeah I don't even have a clue why that is. I'm in the camp that believe we all have the ability to rise up and play on heroic. All it takes is some reading, some dummy testing and some video watching. But I've witnessed first hand RP players struggling with it. Maybe someone smarter than I can come up with theories. Honestly I'd just roll on a pve server and make an alt on an rp server. It's not like you need the toon as a crafting mule, hell you don't even need it to be max level to do some RP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Insufficient realm population usually is the problem.
    I came from a realm in WoW where our server was so shitty and non-progressed that shit guilds from better realms would transfer there to steal server firsts. It happened literally every raid tier until MoP, when the Alliance side (we were always 1:.6 or so, Alliance dominated) got their superior pop together and were able to make a functioning 10man that could raid heroics.

It's a population problem, not a lack of talent problem. That said, a lot of the people I knew and am friends with from the RP server I was on for 7 years (Blackwater Raiders) were totally fucking terrible and I don't know how they can continue to play video games without being so frustrated that they quit. I don't know how the fuck you can die in a starter zone, but they managed it.

Anyways, assuming RP servers attract a lot more people of lesser talent, because they seem to (as they attract some players who aren't focused even on reaching level cap sometimes) then assume that they're some of the lowest populated servers, you can see where the problem lies. The pool of players is small. The talent, therefore, is not as abundant.

But then you look at realms like Moon Guard and Wyrmrest Accord, who have real populations, and you see that they have 20+ 10man guilds raiding H 10s and at least 3 raiding H 25s, and it's like, "Oh." Nothing about being an RPer makes it so that you can't play. But since Blizz is bad at realms, people get this misconception and it's saddening. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I don't even have a clue why that is. I'm in the camp that believe we all have the ability to rise up and play on heroic. All it takes is some reading, some dummy testing and some video watching. But I've witnessed first hand RP players struggling with it. Maybe someone smarter than I can come up with theories. Honestly I'd just roll on a pve server and make an alt on an rp server. It's not like you need the toon as a crafting mule, hell you don't even need it to be max level to do some RP.
    Some people just don't have it in them. It's not something exclusive to those of us who RP, though. Some people only have one arm. Others lack motor skills. I have a friend from said server who has crazy amounts of creativity because she's got some sort of mild(ish?) autism, but her tics kill her a lot in games, and her low self esteem keeps her out of raiding guilds because she's afraid of fucking up. And I understand why she's afraid of fucking up; it's because she CONSTANTLY FUCKS UP. She's simply no good. But as her friend, we'd carry her through raids anyway so she could get gear and be happy.

Now, she's only one story, and she's a pretty unique story, but that's just how it is. Every server has shitty players. RP servers tend to be much smaller than other servers. Talent pool is smaller. RPers get a bad rap because there are less of us to be "good."
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I came from a realm in WoW where our server was so shitty and non-progressed that shit guilds from better realms would transfer there to steal server firsts. It happened literally every raid tier until MoP, when the Alliance side (we were always 1:.6 or so, Alliance dominated) got their superior pop together and were able to make a functioning 10man that could raid heroics.

It's a population problem, not a lack of talent problem. That said, a lot of the people I knew and am friends with from the RP server I was on for 7 years (Blackwater Raiders) were totally fucking terrible and I don't know how they can continue to play video games without being so frustrated that they quit. I don't know how the fuck you can die in a starter zone, but they managed it.

Anyways, assuming RP servers attract a lot more people of lesser talent, because they seem to (as they attract some players who aren't focused even on reaching level cap sometimes) then assume that they're some of the lowest populated servers, you can see where the problem lies. The pool of players is small. The talent, therefore, is not as abundant.

But then you look at realms like Moon Guard and Wyrmrest Accord, who have real populations, and you see that they have 20+ 10man guilds raiding H 10s and at least 3 raiding H 25s, and it's like, "Oh." Nothing about being an RPer makes it so that you can't play. But since Blizz is bad at realms, people get this misconception and it's saddening. :/
    Let's be fair, Blizzard is bad at just about everything these days. Once other developers rose up with talent and money behind them it proved as much. Not to mention they are about as greedy of a company as they come so that's not helping put them in an alluring light either as of late.

I am hoping Wildstar really proves to be a success. Even if it doesn't get the fanfare that WoW has had(which it won't) over the years, a couple million subs is still a substantial pull and a very much a successful MMO.

I thought the early start began the 31st? Are you guys already online?

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Ops beta is live, that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blah, I'm sorry, I guess I went on a little rant there. This topic hits kind of close to home for me, as you might be able to tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Headstart hasn't happened yet. Just Ops Week.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Blah, I'm sorry, I guess I went on a little rant there. This topic hits kind of close to home for me, as you might be able to tell.
    We all go on rants. I can be notorious for it myself. Don't sweat it.

And I've been a role-player for sometime. I know what you mean and a lot of it really does come down to poor server structure. You've got several RP servers pulling from each other for a community that is a fraction comparatively as large as the next. So yeah, all the potential talent gets spread all to hell.

Like butter over toast. Then to boot Blizzard's greedy nature makes it to where they won't merge servers because it reduces the potential for moves between realms which in return nets them less fat stacks of money. I mean for crying out loud they went out of their way to develop new server melding technologies(their words not mine) just so they wouldn't have to.

Making one RP server and adding as needed is probably the best way to go. The fact that this is the case for Wildstar at launch actually poses a great deal of possibility for the server's raiding capability.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2014-05-29 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says realms are up yet "No realm online at this time"

*sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the camp that believe we all have the ability to rise up and play on heroic. All it takes is some reading, some dummy testing and some video watching. But I've witnessed first hand RP players struggling with it. Maybe someone smarter than I can come up with theories.
    Allow me, my dear:
    I can do heroic/mythic raiding.
    But I could NEVER do PvP.
    I also could NEVER do progression the way Worldfirst guilds do.
    Why? Because I can't react fast enough. When stuff happens too fast I -literally- start to panic, my brain shuts down and I almost instantly fuck stuff up. This is Also one reason why I hate driving cars. I'm afraid that something unexpected happens and that I am to slow to react correctly and hit something.

That's why I immediately loose any sense of fun when the game holds a clock in front of me. (go figure my annoyment of Wildstars "challenge begins!11")

I realize that with a lot of training I could become better, but you either have the calm and twitch reflexes or you don't. Training only goes so far.
    And then there is the fact that I have a limit of effort I am willing to put into a game or any activity for that matter.

Combine these two factors and you can extrapolate why people really aren't cut for heroic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMaster View Post
    Says realms are up yet "No realm online at this time"

*sigh*
    Hopefully it's just temporary for today, it was up earlier. The beta for this week is very much "off and on" as they're working behind the scenes on a lot of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    ^___^

Second one looks good.
    Derp: "hello, my name is Derp and.. i am a tree." Everyone else: "hello Derp!"
    My Aurin will look something like this:
    [img]http://s22.postimg.org/wapcfvla9/Unbenannt.png[img]
    pretty! and very blue ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Eumerica
    i guess i'll take that as a compliment <3
    I thought you were serious lol.
    apparently you weren't the only one. to be fair though, i am going to use something like the hair, body, etc, or at least something similar. just felt like playing around with derpy faces some more.
    If you want to laugh with any of the races, just drag every single slider all the way up, or all the way down. Enjoy the results.
    probably true. i gotta make some chua at some point, for sure :D

AHHHHHHH THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!!!!! /RIOT
    start9

<.<

>.>

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    My god what the hell is that thing!
    an adorable little kitten, clearly.

so anyway, my actual character is going to look something like this:

not 100% satisfied with the face, maybe i'll try to tweak it a bit more and see if it's possible to get it better with the limited options. and i might either change eye color to purple or something, or skin color to something else and hair to blue/cyan, for better contrast. not sure yet.

but overall: YAY AURIN BUNNYCATGURLZ STABBY STABSIES, WHOOOO!! \o/
    Last edited by Sy; 2014-05-29 at 10:06 PM.