10+ Year Old Account
    My god, on the forums for wildstar right now and a lot of people hating on the games difficulty. And by a lot, I only mean a few threads but still. Really hopeful to see how this game does in the near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Additionally if you accidentally get in over your head Stalkers have an ability which drops combat and stealths them. It's super helpful on cutting down on deaths.
    i never even use that, pouncing away and just using innate in combat gets me away without taking another hit 90% of the time^^

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/zpnSZzu.jpg
    That corruption reminds me of...
    mass effect 3 \o/

Quote Originally Posted by x_Fiona_X View Post
    Does anyone have any pictures (of their character, house etc) to share? ^^ Here is one of my Spellslinger, she's only level 25, but I'm loving the game so far.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/J4npBdjl.jpg[IMG]
    very blue. i like it :I

i should totally make some screenshots of my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    My god, on the forums for wildstar right now and a lot of people hating on the games difficulty. And by a lot, I only mean a few threads but still. Really hopeful to see how this game does in the near future.
    I dont mind a difficult game but it is not a game for anyone with an average computer due to one shot mechanics, lag and high end comp usage. It's not a casual game and the only real question is can a game creator be satisfied with a subscription based game made for the elite with high-mid end computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I'm not sure there will be that many complaints, there or on other forums, since if someone doesn't like the hardcore focus they are more likely to have avoided the game entirely. I know I did.

The better question would be: if lots of people avoided the game for that reason, how were sales, and how many subs do they have now? A "Silence of the Scrubs" scenario on the forums may not be a good sign.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i never even use that, pouncing away and just using innate in combat gets me away without taking another hit 90% of the time^^
    But pounce is supposed to get you in not out! Also my way uses one button while yours uses two, clearly I am superior

One thing I do REALLY like though, when I vanish away (I never can remember the actual skill's name) the mobs don't run after me but they definitely have a "Where did she go??" animation where they look around for me for about 30 secs. It's awesome because in most games the mobs just automatically deaggro and run back to their spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest View Post
    @Frogger237: how you put layers inside house?
    You place floors and stuff then raise them, its best to use one of the taller races when judging height . I use the floors (chua in my ss below) for everything. I dont really have any good screenshots showing all the layers but here is one that you can see a bit.
    Last edited by frogger237; 2014-06-11 at 04:35 PM.

People, surprisingly, overestimate the difficulty of the content. My computer is well over 5 years old. I just tossed an ATI HD7700 in it about 6 months ago. The game runs fine.

Did my first dungeons a few days ago. No one in either group had done them before so we were winging it. After a few wipes (maybe 3 at the most), we got the gimmicks and killed the Bosses. If you have been playing MMO's for any length of time, the game will not be as "hardcore" as they claim. Some things are unforgiving and they should be. I don't want to be falling asleep while playing a game which is about where I was with WoW.

I play very casually, maybe an hour or so a night. There's so much to do, the game will keep a casual player occupied for a long time. It's a very good game. better than I thought it was going to be. I have been pleasantly surprised so far.

Housing is stupidly fun. I was never a big fan of it but I've spent hours upon hours re-arranging and whatnot. The Rested XP bonus is icing on the cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    People, surprisingly, overestimate the difficulty of the content. My computer is well over 5 years old. I just tossed an ATI HD7700 in it about 6 months ago. The game runs fine.

Did my first dungeons a few days ago. No one in either group had done them before so we were winging it. After a few wipes (maybe 3 at the most), we got the gimmicks and killed the Bosses. If you have been playing MMO's for any length of time, the game will not be as "hardcore" as they claim. Some things are unforgiving and they should be. I don't want to be falling asleep while playing a game which is about where I was with WoW.

I play very casually, maybe an hour or so a night. There's so much to do, the game will keep a casual player occupied for a long time. It's a very good game. better than I thought it was going to be. I have been pleasantly surprised so far.

Housing is stupidly fun. I was never a big fan of it but I've spent hours upon hours re-arranging and whatnot. The Rested XP bonus is icing on the cake.
    Heheh, I am not sure who's fault it is but I certainly blame wow for its obviously easy difficulty for its content except heroic mode raids. Really looking forward to trying out WildStar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm not sure there will be that many complaints, there or on other forums, since if someone doesn't like the hardcore focus they are more likely to have avoided the game entirely. I know I did.

The better question would be: if lots of people avoided the game for that reason, how were sales, and how many subs do they have now? A "Silence of the Scrubs" scenario on the forums may not be a good sign.
    Remember, 300k subs were all that this game needed to be economically viable. I am sure the love this game is getting will be enough. I am certain tons of people will love its player housing, just look at Animal Crossing's world and love. Difficulty is there in pretty much everything, as people love difficulty when done right.

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn housing. . . Im still level 28 wasting time @ my house in the sky. . . . .

I cant . . . .stop. . . building. . . . I need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    very blue. i like it :I

i should totally make some screenshots of my house.
    Thank you. Sy, that sounds like an excellent Idea :3

What price of CREED you guys and girls anticipate? 70 gold? I am considering buying those as I have no idea what to do with my gold :P

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    What price of CREED you guys and girls anticipate? 70 gold? I am considering buying those as I have no idea what to do with my gold :P
    The current lowest sell order for CREDD is 3p 44g 99s 99c

10+ plat at least

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    The current lowest sell order for CREDD is 3p 44g 99s 99c
    Well, it's their debut so prices are higher for now, I think. 3p is ok. Very low price.

Quote Originally Posted by funyroger View Post
    10+ plat at least
    10 plat is still ok :P

Well, it's their debut so prices are higher for now, I think. 3p is ok. Very low price.

Actually prices are lower because everyone is thirsty for plat, i predict the prices will rise in near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post

Did my first dungeons a few days ago. No one in either group had done them before so we were winging it. After a few wipes (maybe 3 at the most), we got the gimmicks and killed the Bosses.
    I just don't buy this. I did the first dungeon two days ago, I'm a Healer and I play a pre-made Tank+Healer comp and we got our asses whooped. And not by anything red. We literally ACED the red stuff. If they would give trophies for dodging red stuff, I would be swimming in them right now . We (all of us) interrupted what we could.

But I couldn't heal him. With every heal perfectly placed, the AUTO-ATTACKS actually killed my tank. Now, we're both hybrid built in terms of gear. It's fairly impossible to get full heal or tank gear without the AH @lvl20, so I won't deny that we might lack a bit of the gear check. But when 50% of my gear has Insight and all other gear piece have either Moxie or Brutality, to at least supplement the healing with crits, how is it possible for my tank to die not once, not twice, but over 7 times on the air elemental boss, both of us perfectly flawlessly dodging everything and placing all heals properly? I'm a classic Vanilla player. I used to be a very good tank in the olden days, I dug up herbs for hours to supply my raids with flasks, effort and skill all present, in both of us, but I just couldn't heal up against the auto-attack damage. I've never felt so frustrated in a starter level dungeon before.

The first adventure was easy though.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2014-06-11 at 05:12 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I just don't buy this.
    This is really my response to your multiple complaints about this. At the risk of offending you, you may need to look at your abilities or amps. Potentially there's something you're doing wrong or you aren't playing as perfectly as you think you are. I've not seen anyone have problems to this extent. Difficult healing because people are getting hit by excess damage, yes. Squishy stalker tanks at that level making it more challenging, yes. Playing perfectly and not being able to keep just the tank alive, not counting anyone else? No. We took lots of damage in SL and didn't have near the issues you did with a stalker tank that would die to a sneeze.
    BAD WOLF

I sold the CREDD I bought yesterday for 2 platinum to a friend. I probably could have gotten more, but it was to a friend and 2 platinum is definitely more than enough for me atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    This is really my response to your multiple complaints about this. At the risk of offending you, you may need to look at your abilities or amps. Potentially there's something you're doing wrong or you aren't playing as perfectly as you think you are. I've not seen anyone have problems to this extent. Difficult healing because people are getting hit by excess damage, yes. Squishy stalker tanks at that level making it more challenging, yes. Playing perfectly and not being able to keep just the tank alive, not counting anyone else? No. We took lots of damage in SL and didn't have near the issues you did with a stalker tank that would die to a sneeze.
    That's perfectly fine, if I weren't talking the bloody truth. And it's an Engineer tank. Also, I always die last. You know, being perfect and all (literally).

Do you understand how CREDD works? You buy CREDD with Real-life money on their website and can sell it in-game. Carbine has no influence on the price of CREDD, it is completely based on player supply and demand. The price will be 3x what it is now within a week or so probably and probably 10x what it is now in a couple of months. As of now 3plat is actually a decent chunk of money. In a few months it wont be once gold/plat starts pouring into the economy and inflation will set in.