10+ Year Old Account
    Oh another question, is there a queue system where I can queue for dungeons?? Or is it like the tbc lfg system where it puts all these people from different servers and shards, summon them to their world, and then do dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Oh another question, is there a queue system where I can queue for dungeons?? Or is it like the tbc lfg system where it puts all these people from different servers and shards, summon them to their world, and then do dungeons?
    I haven't used it yet, but I have looked at the screen. It appears as if you queue with everyone, but you have an option to only go with folks from your server.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    That's perfectly fine, if I weren't talking the bloody truth. And it's an Engineer tank. Also, I always die last. You know, being perfect and all (literally).
    Hearing that it is an Engi makes even less sense tbh. Most people agree they take damage far better than the other tanks with far less effort. My only guess is you are severely undergeared, but I don't know. We had a medic with mostly DPS gear, a stalker, and only wiped due to learning mechanics. All I can say is that your experience doesn't synch with anything I've experienced or heard from anyone. Like....not a single thing I've read about people who have done dungeons. My only conclusion is that there is some unknown factor not being communicated or something you've said that has greater impact to you that no one else is doing. I'm honestly not taking the mickey, but I cannot fathom why you have had this experience as you've stated.
    BAD WOLF

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually wish I'd be levelling a bit faster and earning more moneys, cause I'd totally buy some CREDD before the prices rocket up.

On the healing dungeons topic, yeah your tank shouldn't die from auto-attacks. The auto-attacks certainly hurt, but stay on the ball and you keep up, especially since mobs like to stop auto-attacking so they can do a telegraphed attack. So even if they outdamage your healing, once they do a telegraph you can catch up.

how many money can a lvl 50 make in one day?

Deleted
    I just don't buy this. I did the first dungeon two days ago, I'm a Healer and I play a pre-made Tank+Healer comp and we got our asses whooped. And not by anything red. We literally ACED the red stuff. If they would give trophies for dodging red stuff, I would be swimming in them right now . We (all of us) interrupted what we could.

But I couldn't heal him. With every heal perfectly placed, the AUTO-ATTACKS actually killed my tank. Now, we're both hybrid built in terms of gear. It's fairly impossible to get full heal or tank gear without the AH @lvl20, so I won't deny that we might lack a bit of the gear check. But when 50% of my gear has Insight and all other gear piece have either Moxie or Brutality, to at least supplement the healing with crits, how is it possible for my tank to die not once, not twice, but over 7 times on the air elemental boss, both of us perfectly flawlessly dodging everything and placing all heals properly? I'm a classic Vanilla player. I used to be a very good tank in the olden days, I dug up herbs for hours to supply my raids with flasks, effort and skill all present, in both of us, but I just couldn't heal up against the auto-attack damage. I've never felt so frustrated in a starter level dungeon before.

The first adventure was easy though.
    At those levels it depends a lot on which class you are. Espers have by far the hardest time healing in early dungeons, or in general for that matter. Medic have very powerful heals and their spells are practically made for small groups. They only thing they have to worry about at that level is running out of focus and annoying long range Espers + SS damage dealers staying out of heals, but taking damge. Spellslingers have the easiest time keeping players topped off and aiding dps, especially for all the tank and spank moments and fights. They also have the best sustain unless they are forced to continually burst heal single targets, i.e. group too spread out and taking a lot of damage.

So, basically for the first dungeon, if you are an Esper, you'll have to work your ass off or hope to get a geared tank. If you have any Medic, and especially Spellslinger DPS, then you could ask them to slot a general aoe heal, so as to take the edge off for longer fights. For example, SS have Void Spring and Medics could use Mending Probes.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-06-11 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Hearing that it is an Engi makes even less sense tbh. Most people agree they take damage far better than the other tanks with far less effort. My only guess is you are severely undergeared, but I don't know. We had a medic with mostly DPS gear, a stalker, and only wiped due to learning mechanics. All I can say is that your experience doesn't synch with anything I've experienced or heard from anyone. Like....not a single thing I've read about people who have done dungeons. My only conclusion is that there is some unknown factor not being communicated or something you've said that has greater impact to you that no one else is doing. I'm honestly not taking the mickey, but I cannot fathom why you have had this experience as you've stated.
    I completely, utterly, agree. I asked him, I've been checking my own gear and yes, as I said, I'm only 50% Insight. I couldn't get better. At first due to limited amount of bags, after that because of simply horrible quest rewards (which in general is one of my gripes). I just got level 20, he's level 23. I'm actually considering realigning some amps, but I didn't expect min-maxing to kick in this soon (I'm not investing in T2 amps atm, focusing on important support and general amps first)

As a Medic, I think I could time R better, so maybe there's some improvement there, but, it's really been ridiculous at times. He's dead about 4 or 5 times directly after the split from big boss into 3 elementals, as if they just beat all RNG and just punched right through him. Our best attempt was (apparently) bugged and pulled all mobs from the entire instance when he was at ~10%.

I was pretty pissed off in the end. If I fuck up, I'm to blame. But when no one fucks up and you still simply cannot keep your tank healed against autoattacks, that's just depressing.

Does anyone have sub numbers for Wildstar so far? Curious as to how many are playing
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    People, surprisingly, overestimate the difficulty of the content. My computer is well over 5 years old. I just tossed an ATI HD7700 in it about 6 months ago. The game runs fine.

Did my first dungeons a few days ago. No one in either group had done them before so we were winging it. After a few wipes (maybe 3 at the most), we got the gimmicks and killed the Bosses. If you have been playing MMO's for any length of time, the game will not be as "hardcore" as they claim. Some things are unforgiving and they should be. I don't want to be falling asleep while playing a game which is about where I was with WoW.

I play very casually, maybe an hour or so a night. There's so much to do, the game will keep a casual player occupied for a long time. It's a very good game. better than I thought it was going to be. I have been pleasantly surprised so far.

Housing is stupidly fun. I was never a big fan of it but I've spent hours upon hours re-arranging and whatnot. The Rested XP bonus is icing on the cake.
    I would argue that the majority of people who game buy computers meant for browsing the internet and running windows programs like word and they generally have a graphic card that would cost $35 retail at most. These people would not know what an ATI HD7700 is or how to even install it because they really only open the case to blow out the dust and even then are worried that much is too complicated. The majority of users don't do their own repairs because they are worried its too complicated. A majority of gamer's computers are also bogged down in internet trash, viruses and trojans because they don't understand how important it is to protect your computer and they feel the protection programs they have access to are too expensive.

I'll also note that the majority of gamers don't go on this site to complain about thier experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Does anyone have sub numbers for Wildstar so far? Curious as to how many are playing
    2,000, sales were 3,000 copies sold.

My numbers are legit, don't question me.

I hope they can get a handle on the gold selling spam. I get more and more in game emails from gold sellers each time I log in.

Deleted
    I'm planing on buying wildstar today but I'm a bit reluctant for various reasons. I hope you can provide me with answers for my questions and perhaps convince me to buy this game.

1: I'm a solo player(Too erratic schedule for raiding)and as such I tend to explore and adventure on my own or in small groups. So my question is, can I progress in the game through solo play/small group play alone? By this I mean can I achieve end-gameish equipment and cosmetic items(mounts,dyes,furniture or what have you) without having to get involved in the raiding scene or other activities that requires strict time schedules? And does solo play offer challenging, or preferably close to impossible content that feels rewarding to beat?

2: How does player housing work? Can you farm the materials needed in order to build your home, furnishing etc, or do you have to purchase it with in-game/IRL money? How free roam is it? Do you have to follow premade templates or can you build/furnish your home as you see fit?

3: Wildstar comes with 30 days included game time. Is this a no questions asked/no subscription needed 30 days free game time or is it like TESO where you got tricked to purchase a month of game time before giving you access to your free month?

4: In late BETA some areas felt extremely desolate. Mobs were few and far between and certain zones were almost completely empty. I assume this is because they phase zones so unless you're appropriately leveled for the zone it will appear desolate. True or false? This is a huge thing for me since I love to explore games without being held back by level restrictions and intrusive phasing.

5: In YOUR unbiased opinion(Try your best). Is this worth 45 bucks? Why or why not?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I actually played with some of my friends a week or two in a dungeon and they had a hard time keeping our Stalker tank up. It actually took the healer and two of the DPS off healing to make it through. However, the problem in that case was our friend had gone for all grit in his gearing and didn't really have any Tech or Insight, which doesn't work well for them. I also played with another tank friend on his Engineer who definitely wasn't quite geared well enough either and it was pretty easy to tell with how quickly he went down.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I completely, utterly, agree. I asked him, I've been checking my own gear and yes, as I said, I'm only 50% Insight. I couldn't get better. At first due to limited amount of bags, after that because of simply horrible quest rewards (which in general is one of my gripes). I just got level 20, he's level 23. I'm actually considering realigning some amps, but I didn't expect min-maxing to kick in this soon (I'm not investing in T2 amps atm, focusing on important support and general amps first)

As a Medic, I think I could time R better, so maybe there's some improvement there, but, it's really been ridiculous at times. He's dead about 4 or 5 times directly after the split from big boss into 3 elementals, as if they just beat all RNG and just punched right through him. Our best attempt was (apparently) bugged and pulled all mobs from the entire instance when he was at ~10%.

I was pretty pissed off in the end. If I fuck up, I'm to blame. But when no one fucks up and you still simply cannot keep your tank healed against autoattacks, that's just depressing.
    To be fair, as a medic myself, my first attempt at a dungeon was also abysmal. I don't know if it was the group, or just the fact I was unprepared.

I didn't go back until level 25, at which point you have tier 4 ability upgrades unlocked (Emission's tier 4 being the most useful, at least early on), as well as Shield Surge, which in my experience just makes Crisis Wave look like a joke if you combine it with the amp that increases shield healing done to targets with their shields completely depleted.

These things, and maybe a better group, made the dungeon infinitely easier. Only had one wipe, and that was because three people died from air elemental dude's giant telegraph.

I really wanted to like WildStar. I love the art style, I love the story, and I especially love the humor and gameplay potential.

It's just that when I actually played it, I was bored as shit. Leveling was a huge chore, crafting was confusing and not something that seemed to be viable while leveling (as opposed to, say, Elder Scrolls Online where you get plenty of crafting material while questing), and -- most disappointing -- was the point of view of the characters. It felt more like Starcraft or some other isometric game rather than a game where you were supposed to feel like you were the character playing it. Even if you zoom in close, the camera angle is way too high that you can barely see your character; half of their body is hidden below the action bar and offscreen. If you zoom out, you're just a little spec where you can hardly see any details. It's just a huge disconnect, and I play RPGs to connect with the characters.

Oh well. Despite it not being for me, I hope it does remarkably well if only to encourage the amount of effort and thought they put into the game. Hopefully Everquest Next will be more to my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    To be fair, as a medic myself, my first attempt at a dungeon was also abysmal. I don't know if it was the group, or just the fact I was unprepared.

I didn't go back until level 25, at which point you have tier 4 ability upgrades unlocked (Emission's tier 4 being the most useful, at least early on), as well as Shield Surge, which in my experience just makes Crisis Wave look like a joke if you combine it with the amp that increases shield healing done to targets with their shields completely depleted.

These things, and maybe a better group, made the dungeon infinitely easier. Only had one wipe, and that was because three people died from air elemental dude's giant telegraph.
    This might be the best advice to be honest. The T4 upgrades are obviously very good on some abilities. Right now though, I feel like a joke :P

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Do you understand how CREDD works? You buy CREDD with Real-life money on their website and can sell it in-game. Carbine has no influence on the price of CREDD, it is completely based on player supply and demand. The price will be 3x what it is now within a week or so probably and probably 10x what it is now in a couple of months. As of now 3plat is actually a decent chunk of money. In a few months it wont be once gold/plat starts pouring into the economy and inflation will set in.
    Honestly I doubt it'll rise all that much. The people Buying CREDD are using a significant amount of platinum each month for their game time. Eventually Sell Orders will remain incomplete because even people farming all day won't be able to keep up and it'll adjust back down. Of the people buying CREDD i'm sure the top percent will be auction house player, and rest will be people scrounging their months earnings to purchase some CREDD before they run out. Theoretically it should hit some sort of equilibrium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    I'm planing on buying wildstar today but I'm a bit reluctant for various reasons. I hope you can provide me with answers for my questions and perhaps convince me to buy this game.

1: I'm a solo player(Too erratic schedule for raiding)and as such I tend to explore and adventure on my own or in small groups. So my question is, can I progress in the game through solo play/small group play alone? By this I mean can I achieve end-gameish equipment and cosmetic items(mounts,dyes,furniture or what have you) without having to get involved in the raiding scene or other activities that requires strict time schedules? And does solo play offer challenging, or preferably close to impossible content that feels rewarding to beat?

2: How does player housing work? Can you farm the materials needed in order to build your home, furnishing etc, or do you have to purchase it with in-game/IRL money? How free roam is it? Do you have to follow premade templates or can you build/furnish your home as you see fit?

3: Wildstar comes with 30 days included game time. Is this a no questions asked/no subscription needed 30 days free game time or is it like TESO where you got tricked to purchase a month of game time before giving you access to your free month?

4: In late BETA some areas felt extremely desolate. Mobs were few and far between and certain zones were almost completely empty. I assume this is because they phase zones so unless you're appropriately leveled for the zone it will appear desolate. True or false? This is a huge thing for me since I love to explore games without being held back by level restrictions and intrusive phasing.

5: In YOUR unbiased opinion(Try your best). Is this worth 45 bucks? Why or why not?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

1. There is plenty to do other then raid. I haven't hit max level yet, so I think someone could answer that better then me. I also don't plan on raiding, and I am having a blast, not worried in the slightest. You can do adventures and dungeons with groups of 5, the adventures are suppose to be a lot of fun and not as structured as a dungeon. Not sure about end game gear, but you can get dyes and costumes by soloing.

2. Housing is incredible. There is somewhat of a template. You have to use the "plugs" that are of set sizes to place you fabkits on. You can free build if you choose, there are examples of that in this thread actually. You can farm materials, you can build and buy your own decore. Building fabkits requires architect trade skill. You can put the items anywhere on your plot/house basically, even adjust the size, you can put stuff on the walls if you want, or at weird angles, totally up to you.

3. You free month starts as soon as you begin to play, don't have to buy one first.

4. Haven't experienced any problems with that phasing, and nothing feels desolate.

5. Totally worth the money. I upgraded to the deluxe even after only a few days. There is so much do even for casuals, but it still gives that want the hardcore experience what they want. It really is a terrific MMO and I highly recommend it.

EDIT: Totally forgot about the path system. Explorer, Scientist, Settler and Soldier. I have only done the first 3, my main is an explorer. As you said you wanted to explore I would go with explorer lol. Scientist is a lot of fun as well.
    Last edited by Issalice; 2014-06-11 at 05:54 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    Yeah I'm out of potential areas...you shouldn't really need to be min maxing or having crazy gear, especially if you find adventures significantly easier. Try it in a couple of levels. Maybe it's just an amp/ability tier issue with that specific combo, but yeah medic +engi should be one of the easier comps for low level.
    1:can I achieve end-gameish equipment and cosmetic items(mounts,dyes,furniture or what have you) without having to get involved in the raiding scene or other activities that requires strict time schedules? And does solo play offer challenging, or preferably close to impossible content that feels rewarding to beat?
    You will hit a gear wall quickly, but that may change in the future. Right now there is a lot of gear available from dungeons, adventures, Elder Gems, and PvP that is easy to get at your own pace. As for challenging content? Yeah. Like...whoa boy yeah.

Completely free form except for the plugs on your land which are for bigger things like structures and events you can place on your land. The rest of the space is yours to go nuts with. You can farm materials and buy things with currency. Loot for housing literally comes from every form of content in the game from crafting to raiding.

TESO did not trick anyone into paying, they just tricked you into having a hold on your account that they refunded. It took too long and I was angry, but they did not do what you claim. Wildstar does not put a hold (that I'm aware of) for the first month. They may do a $1.00 hold though.

Umm...you are going to be held back from exploring due to your level because you will get wrecked by mobs anyways. Not really sure what you are looking for here. New zones don't get phased because of you leveling afaik.

The only unbiased opinion is to tell you that it's on you to determine your money's value. It was worth the $70 (with a 20% discount) for the Deluxe edition for me. I don't regret a single dollar of the purchase.
    BAD WOLF

What? I didn't end up buying ESO so I am curious what that's about. Anywho, when you buy the game and activate your account they have you sign-up for a sub (retty much just like every other sub game) but after you activate you can cancel that sub and play until your time runs out.

If you want to acquire endgame level gear without raiding you won't be able to do it. There are challenging things to do and some progression available for small group/solo players but the raid gear still will have more stats on it. I think there are more options for PvP'ers though, but I haven't looked into it.

Personally I think it's worth the money to buy it even if you don't keep playing. There are a tons of different things to do while leveling and even once you are leveled and they are planning on doing monthly updates to keep adding more things.