10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone find it weird granok can only be 1 class atm? I know it's pretty likely they'll be able to choose the rifleman class whenever it's released, but that would still mean they can only be 2 classes.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Anyone find it weird granok can only be 1 class atm? I know it's pretty likely they'll be able to choose the rifleman class whenever it's released, but that would still mean they can only be 2 classes.
    They can be both of the new classes apparently, so that's 3. Not very far fetched.
    BAD WOLF

They stated that granok will play both of the remaining 2 classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm, then perhaps the other class won't be a stealth class after all. I don't see granok being all stealthy.

Hrm, then perhaps the other class won't be a stealth class after all. I don't see granok being all stealthy.
    Depends on what it is, a theif stalker sneaky stealth class? Probably not. An engineer class with cloaking devices? Maybe

but it's not confirmed that the last class is another stealther, the only proof is a picture of a player with no weapons equipped on what looks like a soldier mission, could just be a player testing new tech like soldiers are suppose to do.

so yea don't count your chickens.

A stealth healer class would be interesting. Stealth melee healer.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    a pet class who can heal would be interesting.. not another stealth class.

A Ratchet and Clank MMO, I never thought I'd live to see the day.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

20-men being the lowest for raid and 40-men raids are the sign of failure. Try to assemble several 20s; also 40-men for 5% hardware owners who can run them are just absurd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    20-men being the lowest for raid and 40-men raids are the sign of failure. Try to assemble several 20s; also 40-men for 5% hardware owners who can run them are just absurd.
    So is it official that there will be 40-man raids now?

It's kind of odd that Wildstar is trying to gain a hardcore audience(40 man raids) with the very cartoony graphic style of the game.
    Say all you want about WoW being cartoony, but it's not as cartoony as Wildstar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    It's kind of odd that Wildstar is trying to gain a hardcore audience(40 man raids) with the very cartoony graphic style of the game.
    Say all you want about WoW being cartoony, but it's not as cartoony as Wildstar.
    Its a bit of a letdown, a game sounding as epic as it does (need to see them deliver more than on paper though) and the design being what it is with cartoon heroes. I've come to the consideration that with mmo market being what it is you take it for what you get... suck it in and play as a cartoon hero if the game offer the best mmo experience out there. Not easy to be picky these days, if you want to play mmos that is

Deleted
    is everything that isnt ultra realistic "cartoony"? its an art style.. and it looks brilliant imo. I find it odd that you somehow connect the appeal to hardcore raiders with its art style.. because the real "hardcore" dont play cartoony games right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Its a bit of a letdown, a game sounding as epic as it does (need to see them deliver more than on paper though) and the design being what it is with cartoon heroes. I've come to the consideration that with mmo market being what it is you take it for what you get... suck it in and play as a cartoon hero if the game offer the best mmo experience out there. Not easy to be picky these days, if you want to play mmos that is
    again cartoon hero lol.. do you seriously have a problem with its visuals.

As for raid sizes lets actually wait and see? its a work in progress and for all we know they could eventually tweak them to 30 man / 15 man.. who knows. Either way giving people an option of how they want to raid is awesome and the more options the better.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-04-07 at 07:16 PM.

If someone requires their graphics to be all gritty and realistic to be a hardcore gamer than they are not a hardcore gamer, they're just posing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    A Ratchet and Clank MMO, I never thought I'd live to see the day.
    It is... Certainly interesting, I'll give it that.

I don't mind the art style and aesthetics they are using. It's not my preference but it looks like it works well in the game, at least from the videos. Now I have other concerns about the game but the art style is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    This isn't entirely correct. They actually had complaints from alpha that you didn't get enough diversity from the other paths, so they added some cross quests that multiple paths get to do, but you can't actually experience different path quests unless you are grouped. So while you probably can see everything if you play in a group constantly, you will not have access to do the other path quests on your own at any time.
    Hmmm, interesting. I guess it'll be a wait and see how it plays out thing. They might have changed it since then to be more inclusive? I do know that when I was running around during Pax I had quests pop-up for different paths, though that might have just been something they set for that so people could experience more things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I don't really understand the complaints from people about it being cartoony. I mean I get not liking the style, but every game is animated and not at all realistic so it seems an odd thing for people to complain about. I mean even the more "realistic" games, aren't all that realistic when you get into it.

The cartoony thing is a weird complaint to me.

Gw2 adventure box is 8bit minecraft like box worlds. AND ITS AMAZING AND I LOVE IT.
    I am having more fun platforming my way across a retro world than the actual game which has fantastic graphics.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    I think the graphics look amazing I'm very excited about this game, seems to have everything I'm looking for in a new MMO. To be honest I find the more realistic look of games like Rift a bit depressing, after all I play games for escapism.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
    I think the graphics look amazing I'm very excited about this game, seems to have everything I'm looking for in a new MMO. To be honest I find the more realistic look of games like Rift a bit depressing, after all I play games for escapism.
    I know exactly what you mean. I loved Rift's gritty look for the first 2 months, but you're right it does get a little depressing. I had this same conversation in The Secret World thread because that is even more depressing. The aesthetic for this game seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. GW2 is probably my perfect visual style for a fantasy MMO, and Tera minus the skimpy clothes, but I really want some futuristic SciFi stuff going on now.

This game scares me because there are way too many good things going for it...it's just too good to be true.
    BAD WOLF