I purposely don't go into the game of thrones thread because I don't want spoilers so kindly fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Is this the Game of Wildstar Thrones thread?
    [QUOTE=Maxos;27170748]When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.[/QUOTE

Those two gave me a hearty chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    GJ with the GoT spoilers, thank good i read the books so i know what happens to Jon, but still.. shame on you!
    Yea... considering what actually happens is still a hotly debated topic which Martian fans the flames of all the time, you don't actually know what happens to him

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    I purposely don't go into the game of thrones thread because I don't want spoilers so kindly fuck off.
    Nothing was really spoiled But yea prob should leave it aside for now

As for Ops "week" I am on the fence about if I'll play more or not. On the one hand I want to but on the other I have so many games to play atm...

Just pre-ordered this. Really excited. Felt they deserved my money more than WoW until WoD is released at least.

Does anybody know if it's worth downloading the client now? Will I have to completely redownload when the proper game comes out as this is a beta client, or will it just be patched?

i don't intend on playing the beta, i'd just rather not try download a 22GB file on release day when the servers get hammered

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Just pre-ordered this. Really excited. Felt they deserved my money more than WoW until WoD is released at least.

Does anybody know if it's worth downloading the client now? Will I have to completely redownload when the proper game comes out as this is a beta client, or will it just be patched?

i don't intend on playing the beta, i'd just rather not try download a 22GB file on release day when the servers get hammered
    Download it. They'll patch it up before headstart.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    Download it. They'll patch it up before headstart.
    Nice one, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanie View Post
    First, my understanding is that you can't really equate Wildstar raids and WoW raids, because WoW raids cover a whole spectrum of difficulty levels. My impression has been that the following are supposed to be comparable in difficulty:

Wildstar raids <=> WoW heroic raids/upper end normal raids.
    Wildstar dungeons <=> WoW flex/lower end normal raids.
    Wildstar adventures <=> WoW dungeons.

To be clear, I haven't played past level 17 in the Wildstar beta (didn't want to spoil the later game for myself), so most of this is second-hand information. But it appears that you can have access to some nicely challenging content in Wildstar dungeons that's comparable to entry level raiding.

I'll also add that according to what Carbine developers have said, the hardcore part of their raids is not meant to require excessive farming and time investment (though you'll likely progress slowly if you raid one night a week). My biggest concern would be the logistics of managing a 20-player team (it's something that my WoW guild is going to face in WoD, and we don't have a good answer yet).
    Wildstar raids 40man / 20 man <=> WoW heroic raids / Upper normal raids.

Had to fix it alittle & add in 40 man / 20 man split.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I am in love with player housing....

Pvp...player housing...that is all I need

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Oh, that's nice. I guess I'll be logging in to see if they fix a few things I was concerned with.
    in the next 2 weeks they will apply huge amount of fixes to prepare for launch.

players will be able to test it but dont expact it to be stable, they will try to break servers and such to check fail safe systems and simulate launch.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Wildstar raids 40man / 20 man <=> WoW heroic raids / Upper normal raids.

Had to fix it alittle & add in 40 man / 20 man split.
    I'd say even Genetic Archives is more difficult than anything on WoW normal raids, except maybe a boss here and there like Lei Shen. GA to me would be lower<->upper WoW heroics. Assuming Datascape is harder than GA, which it's tuned to be, it would be upper<->outer space WoW heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    I'd say even Genetic Archives is more difficult than anything on WoW normal raids, except maybe a boss here and there like Lei Shen. GA to me would be lower<->upper WoW heroics. Assuming Datascape is harder than GA, which it's tuned to be, it would be upper<->outer space WoW heroics.
    It might be a good idea to give it some time, at least until people play enough to get used to their classes and put their spreadsheets together. Molten Core seemed difficult in Vanilla WoW because, amongst other things, the game was new, mechanics and gearing were pretty obtuse (Spirit on DPS plate? Come on!) and there weren't nearly as many resources then as there are now. The super-hard dungeons/raids in Wildstar will probably get a tad easier once the playerbase is there and learning the ropes of the game.

Hell, I'm going to risk a bet that there will be people complaining that certain dungeons/raids are "too easy" just two months after release. Players learn quickly nowadays.
    Last edited by Holtzmann; 2014-05-21 at 03:59 AM.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Hell, I'm going to risk a bet that there will be people complaining that certain dungeons/raids are "too easy" just two months after release. Players learn quickly nowadays.
    I agree. TBC Dungeon Heroics were hard as hell when I first entered them. Fast forward 2 months and they seemed way easier. Similarly, Wildstar level 20 dungeons seemed difficult on the first try. After the tactics were down, they weren't really that hard.

That said, I haven't raided in wildstar so I can't comment on the entirety of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    I agree. TBC Dungeon Heroics were hard as hell when I first entered them. Fast forward 2 months and they seemed way easier. Similarly, Wildstar level 20 dungeons seemed difficult on the first try. After the tactics were down, they weren't really that hard.

That said, I haven't raided in wildstar so I can't comment on the entirety of the game.
    Difference with WildStar instances lies mainly in how much less forgiving of mistakes they are. They're not unfair, they're just not holding your hand.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    Carbine is boasting about raids being not plainly harder, but also more fun. I'd say that's because of all the jumping/dodging/sprinting with eye-pleasing animations. =)

And TBC heroics becoming less challenging over the first months is not just players learning quickly. It's also the better gear people get over that time period. It constantly amazed me how big was the role gear played in PvE in Warcraft. Had so many examples how in two weeks we could go from getting the boss only down to 20-30% before enrage to the successfull kill 30-60 seconds before the boss going on killing spree. We could be spending five-six evenings hitting the brick wall and failing to see what else can we do tactic-wise to impove the situation and then suddenly bam!, the boss is killed on some 1st-3rd attempt after a week or two grinding dungeons/other raid bosses.
    Last edited by mmoc0d4c606099; 2014-05-21 at 05:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    What's the specs?

I see it enough times people say they get ___ performance in the computer forum and don't back up their post with benchmarks and specs.

I never bothered with Wildstar past a bit of beta so I can't say much on the condition of how it'd work. That being said and as far as I understand, it's going to suffer from the magical CPU bottleneck like most MMOs are.
    i7-2600k
    680 GTX
    8 GB RAM
    Windows 7
    Playing with everything on max.

10+ Year Old Account

New video up...skip start a little. The modding tool is interesting.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Some news related to post-launch pvp content.

First, one of the devs showed on Twitter an image from the next BG to be released and it mentioned various elements about it like bomb-carrying and air strikes. As people mentioned in the reddit thread, it does look like a 15vs15 version of Isle of Conquest (unfortunately). Personally I hope it's an update of/different take on Arathi Basin, the best PvP map in any MMO I have played :-)

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/com...aunch_content/

Secondly, in a thread asking about the state of crafting in the game, a Carbine Dev mentioned that they are developing a number of related features, including one for new crafted gear for a "not-yet-announced, post-launch pvp feature". While there is no info about what that pvp feature would be, I wouldn't bet against them introducing a full MOBA system since they already have a PvE MOBA map in the Adventures.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...he-dust/page-2

Anyway, I just thought I would mentioned these things as a sort of commercial break between the discussions about Game of Thrones :-p

15+ Year Old Account
    Question:

Has there been any info regarding the EU server names for the launch?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Server names arent being releeased until as late as possible so they dont create too many servers like swtor did and then have to merge them 2 months down the line if people unsub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    Server names arent being releeased until as late as possible so they dont create too many servers like swtor did and then have to merge them 2 months down the line if people unsub.
    I heard there will be only one pvp server. I think this is a bad idea as pvp-ers tend to cling to the pvp servers they heard are for pro-s (whatever that means) and since there is only one such a server, it will get a reputation of the best pvp server for years and I don't want login queues on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else noticed that the ESO mega thread is always hovering at 150 posts (more or less) more than Wildstar's megathread ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    I heard there will be only one pvp server. I think this is a bad idea as pvp-ers tend to cling to the pvp servers they heard are for pro-s (whatever that means) and since there is only one such a server, it will get a reputation of the best pvp server for years and I don't want login queues on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else noticed that the ESO mega thread is always hovering at 150 posts (more or less) more than Wildstar's megathread ?
    That's assuming there ever will be more than 1 PvP server. Servers in WS are supposedly much larger than in other MMORPGs.

ESO thread was smaller than Wildstar's all the way before ESO launched, then it boomed, which is obvious, but it's dying down again, which is not surprising at all. I'm actually stalking ESO thread and I know it only grew like 3 pages yesterday, while WS thread grew almost 10. Not that it matters, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.