Shadow Priest Crit/Mastery

I have been looking through the forums here and other sites but unable to find the answer I am looking for.

What is the hard/soft caps for Crit and Mastery for a PVE lvl 85 Shadow Priest?

Thanks for the help.

That would be because there aren't hard/soft caps for spriests on crit and/or mastery.

15+ Year Old Account
    What Arlee said^ Even if there were caps, no one would really care because you'd never reach them due to reforging your crit/mastery to haste/spirit. ;x

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    That would be because there aren't hard/soft caps for spriests on crit and/or mastery.
    Of course there is a crit hard cap. But since that is unreachable anyway theres no need to worry about it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose you COULD say that crit is capped by how much hit you have... So in the extremely unlikely scenario that you have no hit, you can have a maximum of... 83% crit.

Nah, there's no crit cap. This might be something to consider for melee classes, where you can't replace glancing blows with crits, but for shadow... Nah. Just nah.
    People complaining about arena queues? Oh, my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the dungeon finder, where the average time is 25 minutes and children are born and live and die all before they find a fucking tank.

Kerr0r... that sounds like you think hit and crit work for spells the same way that they do for melee. Basically for melee having more crit reduces the chance to miss (though it takes a lot more of crit to do this than hit) and that is not at all true. Crit does not affect a spell's chance to hit. We have separate "rolls" for hit and crit.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, I thought crit simply replaced hit on the combat table for all classes. Thanks for the clarification.
    People complaining about arena queues? Oh, my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the dungeon finder, where the average time is 25 minutes and children are born and live and die all before they find a fucking tank.

Deleted
    if 17% of your spell miss then not 100% of them are critting. However it's irrelevant as 100% crit will still mean that all the spells that land will crit (ignoring DR etc)

Anyway yes, 100% is crit hardcap it's reachable when you recieve crit buffs (alys at 24 stacks)

I do not believe mastery has a cap, you can have 500% more damage from orbs without breaking physics.