Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    its worse that your 18.... your an adult, what are your Gradparents doing buying you this? but have fun with it

How is this even a bad thing? Some people's families have enough money and the heart where they WANT to spoil their children/grandchildren from time to time. I don't see a problem with this if it is completely out of their own free will. If someone was going to do this for you, I guarantee you would jump at it with arms wide open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please get an Nvidia card :[

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    That's always why I say NVidia for these situations. My GTX 460 outperforms way higher AMD cards for folding simply because of CUDA.
    <3 my GTX 460.

To the OP: Your friend may have had bad luck with Nvidia cards, but I still say you should give them another shot. I've never used anything but Nvidia and I've never had any issues, going back to the days of the GeForce MX-400/FX 5000 series. I've had an FX-5200, an 8400GS from 2007 that is still being used in a computer at work, an 8800 GT that was also bought in 2007 and was OC'ed for most of the time I had it is currently still running like a champ in my bosses gaming computer, and I currently own a GTX 460. None of the cards were ever replaced because they stopped working, just simply because I wanted something faster :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedande View Post
    I wish it was my school, I convinced my grandparents to count this as a birthday and Christmas present. (Wow that sounds bad, Its for my 18th. Didnt want to come off as a spoiled 13 year old.)
    what difference does the age really have to do with it there lol.. you shouldn't care how you come off to us ^.^
    looks fine to me though, but what do i know

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedande View Post
    This is a combo build for high end gaming and video editing. I'm not going to be using a nVidia card though, a friend of mine got two DoA cards in a row when he bought from them. Granted that is probably one in a trillion chance of happening but the fact that it did happen put me off their cards. I've been using a Radeon 4600 HD for almost 4 years now and have never had a hitch with it. Just gonna stick with the company I know works. Coming off the card rant, I'll prolly end up getting a caviar black and a different cooler if you do think its better than what I currently have.
    I know this thread has livened up since this post, but I'll mention.... AMD has DOA cards too. Do you honestly think one is perfect and the other isn't? Especially considering, NVidia and AMD are basically neck and neck? If that were the case, NVidia would be in history books...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water