Poll: What's your audio set up?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My speakers transmit game sounds and my headset transmits VOIP.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    game/movie sounds on speakers, voice chat through headset
    Pretty much this. Also TS gives you the option of muting or lowering the speaker sounds when people talk, which is amazing for that setup.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tritton AX720 headset, though I use my Logitech z-5500's for media, and for WoW when I don't feel like wearing a headset

Deleted
    Speakers only. I would love to be able to use my headset on a more regular basis, but whenever I do my tinnitus tends to flare-up. This happens even if I keep my headset volume at a very low level - it's really strange :/ Speakers don't seem to cause the same issues for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    use my headset when I'm in vent...us my speakers when i'm not

I always use speakers, even when I'm using vent. Never had any issues with feedback.

Deleted
    i use my headset when i'm on mumble or skype. if not usually my speakers

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I usually play with speakers when I have no real need for precision sound. But nowadays I usually listen to flac-songs and then I use my Siberia v2 headphones
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Ive got Logitech X-540's for my speakers, I use them when i watch movies or listen to music and such. I use the WoW wireless headset for gaming and for vent and such, when raiding I use my headset for vent and speakers to play music. For my ps3 gaming my other monitor has an built-in speaker. Its not the best quality, but it does the job.

Speakers and headset. I have a shitty mic that I wear around my neck and the mic is angled towards my mouth.

10 dollar mic and I've had it for 5 years now.

I like my room loud as hell, it pisses off my neighbors.

One more thing I always laugh at the people who get ear bleeds because someone dumbass with a broken mic comes into vent and blows that shit up. Lol...

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

I use speakers and headset.

Sennheiser PC360 and Logitech X-530 hooked into my ASUS Xonar DX in my desktop.

SteelSeries Siberia v2 (do not recommend) in my ASUS N43SN notebook.

Generic "Came-in-the-box" in-ear for my Samsung Galaxy SII "smart"phone.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use my wireless logitech headset(can't remember the model atm) for vent, and my speaker system for music and videos. Don't play withstand sounds so that isn't an issue.

I always used speakers and thought they were awesome, until 5 months ago, when I had to move my PC to the living room. I then bought the PC360 so not everyone would "enjoy" my music and game sounds. But now that I moved back to the campus I can use my speakers again. Only problem, I don't. After using that headset I now hear that my speakerset is actually terrible. Only the bass is decent. (2x 5W + 15W sub)

Maybe I should start looking into buying a 5.1 surround set to set up in my room. Not too expensive.. Logitech Z-906 any good?
    The only negative review I saw so far was someone complaining about it not being wireless and lacking a HDMI input... really -_-'
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-09-02 at 08:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I choose headset only, I do have speakers but for raiding and such I never use speakers. Can't beat a quality headset and mic for gaming imo. I'm using Siberia V2 for some time now very comfortable for long gaming sessions and they block out background noise nicely.

5.1 Speakers for when I don't need to be quiet, or don't need VoIP, and some cheapy Logitech headset for when I do.

Mostly because I don't like headphones.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

I use speakers most of the time, but when I am on vent I use a headset.

Deleted
    I currently use a 2.1 speaker system for my PC together with a cheap but comfortable headset for Ventrilo and Skype. I also have a pretty decent stereo with a 2 speaker system that I use for watching movies on my TV. It gives me the sound quality I seek when I watch movies at least.

I plan to pick up a pair of high quality headphones for Battlefield 3, as I'm hoping the sound will be as amazing as promised. I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning towards a pair of Sennheiser from their "HD" collection.

Deleted
    pretty much only use speakers - my 2.1 set sounds amazing for music or game sounds. only use a headset for purely xfire/vent/mumble; using a headset/headphones for anything else just frankly pisses me off. i like to hear my music being played through a sub and speakers not blasted into my head through some bloody headset.

15+ Year Old Account
    I cant stand headsets, I use speakers most of the time even on vent. I have never spent alot of money on a headset but I cannot imagine one will ever be as good as a cheap surround sound system.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

I got a quality set of surround sound speakers.

I like my music and movies!