Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deathing Raid sounds like fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddhaman View Post
    Excellent post and I'm adding some formatting in hopes people will read it. I disagree about certain parts, but his ideology is sound. (at least how I read it, I could have interpreted it wrong?)

To add onto the last part, I feel like the "hubs" that players congregate at could be a means of separating "hardcore" and "casual" players. In EQ, you would find "low-end" players gathering at one town, while the "hardcore" would commonly gather at another. There were still main towns where they all intermixed, but the majority of their time was spent apart. Separating the two player bases would help give the illusion that the casual who does well in those "easy" raids is actually at the "top" of his game, as he will be sporting the best gear among the people of the town he spends the majority of his time in.
    Yeah, sorry about the formatting. Not sure how that happened as it was formatted when I was typing it, lol.

I agree with your suggestion about the separate hubs. Though I really did enjoy the epic feel of getting to your raid in Blackrock Mountain in Vanilla, the game has changed too much for that to be of any fun now as people will turn portals into BGs.

To combat the complaints of armor always looking the same, there is a sub-lead who is in charge of guiding the art team to produce new styles not found in the game yet.
    Other than PvP gear looking like crap with small changes every season, there is not a whole lot to complain about. I guess they might not be copy pasting off set armors in raids as much. The shoulders and helm from Rag was like a wrench in the machine.

The encounter starts at Wyrmrest Temple, progressing toward the players being on Deathwing's back while he is flying toward The Maelstrom
    This sounds pretty epic not gonna lie. Hope they will also have a end cinematic like with LK.

MMO-CHAMP, is there any news about the Brazilian servers and language pack? Blizzard threw a "press and guest party" here and just left us in the dark... The only infos we have come from non-official sources and players....

10+ Year Old Account
    did anyone else notice he said MOST OF THE TIME when talking about the mists of pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Acceptance is important. To the people say nothing is wrong with current wow, there's some proof.
    Indeed. I for one am absolutely fed up with Blizzard, right now , unless they get rid of their main marketing demograph for the entitled casual social gamers and change their attitude, there is no way I'm reactivating my account again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    That was some news bad reporting. Some of the stuff you credited to Chilton and Street are actually from the Gamasutra acticle writer, and his non-Blizz "experts", NOT from Chilton or Street.

Eg.

•They realize some people quit because they made the content more accessible to everyone and it no longer felt elite.

•Raids are significantly harder than they were in WotLK, but the rewards are not much better than heroic five man rewards. This causes a lack of motivation to raid.

Are direct quotes of this guy: Thomas Debeauvais, of UC Irvine's Department of Informatics, who has nothing to do with Blizz.
    ^^ This! absolutely.^^ Once I read the original articles, I finally figured out some "points" were totally meaningless. I could care less what the non-Blizz so-called-experts have to say. Their opinion(s) rates no higher with me than any other player. I agree, totally bad reporting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Consigliari View Post
    ^^ This! absolutely.^^ Once I read the original articles, I finally figured out some "points" were totally meaningless. I could care less what the non-Blizz so-called-experts have to say. Their opinion(s) rates no higher with me than any other player. I agree, totally bad reporting.
    Yes, thank you for taking out the elitist BS editorial garbage. People like that are one of the core reasons the industry is constantly struggling to break into the 100% main-stream...
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Quote Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
    The progressive dificulty curve was so far out of whack it makes you wonder what the hell Blizzard was doing in alpha,beta and on the ptr.
    Balancing the future of the game by taking the input from the Vodkas of this world. You know, the top 500 players out of the 12 million active back then.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are more people that played World of Warcraft, but no longer play World of Warcraft, than the number of people that currently play World of Warcraft. They want to lower the barrier to entry and find some way to bring back players that no longer play.
    the only way I would ever play this game again is if they dropped the subscription. Blizz doesn't do enough to warrant $15 a month, IMO.

Vanilla was the best because WoW was new and fresh. PvP wasn't half-bad and there was plenty of world PvP going on. Then bg's came along and messed that up. You thought that was as low they could go... of course not, bring on the arena. That was Blizz taking a big dump on WoW. E-sport... /sigh. A game like WoW in it's current state would do far better as a regular 32-64 multiplayer. Nothing massive about WoW. It's just a big chat room.

It's so sad to see some of you actually take this game serious. You probably spend a third of your day just playing it. Beat a raid and know that what you have will be obsolete the next patch. It's all about some sort of bragging right about the loot you got. Quite pathetic. When WoW finally dies or you leave it, all that time you spent playing the shit, hope it was worth it.

"To combat the complaints of armor always looking the same, there is a sub-lead who is in charge of guiding the art team to produce new styles not found in the game yet."
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Last edited by Kiro; 2011-09-04 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    Vanilla was the best because WoW was new and fresh. PvP wasn't half-bad and there was plenty of world PvP going on. Then bg's came along and messed that up. You thought that was as low they could go... of course not, bring on the arena. That was Blizz taking a big dump on WoW. E-sport... /sigh. A game like WoW in it's current state would do far better as a regular 32-64 multiplayer. Nothing massive about WoW. It's just a big chat room.

It's so sad to see some of you actually take this game serious. You probably spend a third of your day just playing it. Beat a raid and know that what you have will be obsolete the next patch. It's all about some sort of bragging right about the loot you got. Quite pathetic. When WoW finally dies or you leave it, all that time you spent playing the shit, hope it was worth it.
    tldr; "I played it when it was cool. You all suck."

There are more people that played World of Warcraft, but no longer play World of Warcraft, than the number of people that currently play World of Warcraft. They want to lower the barrier to entry and find some way to bring back players that no longer play.
    They'll never get the veterans back, there's a reason they left, and that's the path the game went down. So unless they revert, which they won't, those millions of vets that left are gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    Why get a job and make alot of money, when the death patch comes out it will all be worthless

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    They'll never get the veterans back, there's a reason they left, and that's the path the game went down. So unless they revert, which they won't, those millions of vets that left are gone for good.
    Bingo. I am one such vet, and I don't know how many times I've said "The only way I'll come back is if they revert a ton of what they did in Cataclysm." They won't, so I won't be coming back. I log in when they give me a free week to see the state of things, do some randoms, and log out. I keep HOPING that Blizzard turns WoW around and makes it back into the game that I loved and stayed with for six years, but I very seriously doubt it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by palladiamors View Post
    Bingo. I am one such vet, and I don't know how many times I've said "The only way I'll come back is if they revert a ton of what they did in Cataclysm." They won't, so I won't be coming back. I log in when they give me a free week to see the state of things, do some randoms, and log out. I keep HOPING that Blizzard turns WoW around and makes it back into the game that I loved and stayed with for six years, but I very seriously doubt it at this point.
    Yep, it's gone, gone for good. There's no way it's going back to the golden days. I played the game for around 5-6 years, which is only 2nd to counterstrike, and I'm actually very sad that they ruined my favorite game in chase of the almighty dollar. Blizzard themselves are a shadow, an empty vessel of what they once were. The encounters are watered down, content is recycled like crazy, art is recycled and the new art is Grade C at best. PVP has become an utter mess. Classes have zero identity now, which is the biggest strike against the game. It's gone, Blizzard's gone. I still like to follow to see if somehow, some way they get back their wits, but it hasn't happened and likely won't. SC2 was a let down, and a cash in, I'm worried that Diablo 3 is going to be the same or even worse. And I have zero faith in "Titan". It just sucks. At least I still can remember the old times with all my friends. We still talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Yep, it's gone, gone for good. There's no way it's going back to the golden days. I played the game for around 5-6 years, which is only 2nd to counterstrike, and I'm actually very sad that they ruined my favorite game in chase of the almighty dollar. Blizzard themselves are a shadow, an empty vessel of what they once were. The encounters are watered down, content is recycled like crazy, art is recycled and the new art is Grade C at best. PVP has become an utter mess. Classes have zero identity now, which is the biggest strike against the game. It's gone, Blizzard's gone. I still like to follow to see if somehow, some way they get back their wits, but it hasn't happened and likely won't. SC2 was a let down, and a cash in, I'm worried that Diablo 3 is going to be the same or even worse. And I have zero faith in "Titan". It just sucks. At least I still can remember the old times with all my friends. We still talk about it.
    Wow this is so much fail. Titan already sucks? You don't even know what the game is or what its about? Forget to take your Ritalin this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    Wow this is so much fail. Titan already sucks? You don't even know what the game is or what its about? Forget to take your Ritalin this morning?
    Sooo him saying that he has no faith in Blizzards ability with this "Titan" and that it suck to him means he is on Ritalin? I'm not...making the connection here. Good job at ignoring everything else he said, though!