Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by redmage View Post
    for those monitoring this stuff you may remember a few pages back when i said leakers encountered a few npc's talking about hoen which has sparked rumors of a possible gen2 remake or hoen being endgame in z or dlc or something.

Anyway here is an example of one such hint:

cover these up! Really!

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Where do you live / where do you plan on trying? Because most stores have had the game for ~a week.

Mainstream game stores take street dates very seriously, unless you find one of those odd ones with bad management that don't.

Big box stores (walmart / target) don't even try, their PoS systems have the street dates hard wired in, it will be physically impossible for them to sell you a copy before 12:01 on the 12th even if you can talk some clueless clerk into trying to ring up a copy.

Most of the leaks came out of canada, where apparently several stores just ignored the streetdate. And some additional people are receiving copies they ordered online early due to incompetent shipping working in somebodies favor for a change.
    Most non mainstream shops in the Midwest in USA already broke the street date a few days ago, Australia broke some of it too, Some cities in Germany as well. Even heard of some Walmart and Target stores selling early as well in the Midwest in USA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Also, whats going on with the Pokemon Global Link currently? is the website as a whole disappearing, or are they just updating it for use with X/Y?
    They're updating it, they'll reopen it on 12th.

Also yay my game dispatched today, if I'm lucky I'll receive it tomorrow... and I'm not lucky.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2013-10-09 at 12:39 PM.

OK here is a fun question for you all. From each generation which one game would you recommend to someone who wants to get caught up on all the stories from the beginning? Try to keep it to one game from each generation unless you feel its extremely necessary to do otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how I'm going to play this one, as it stands I'll have 3 different starters on my team (froakie, bulbasaur and torchic) and as soon as I can get my hands on a cubone to evolve into my marowak that 4/6 spots taken up already, and only 1 new pokemon in there >_< hardly experiences the new pokemons that way >__< lol

i plan to just stuff my team with the coolest pokemon, only one or two of the same types, that i find until i beat the elite four. then i'll do what i always do, get a team full of dragons and become to greatest dragon trainer in the region >

i ALWAYS do that. in the process of leveling my dragon team right now in white, as i just beat the story two nights ago. i really wanted to complete white 2 before i got x or y, but i'm either gonna have to give up on my current dragon team, or buy it now and spend all day and night on it and hope i get it completed before the 12th :/

i don't like to skip games. it REALLY gets to me v.v

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure what team I want to go with. I'm torn between getting CharX and Bulba. Mostly because I won't actually use CharX in "real" teams and I want to play around with him in the story. I would use Mega Bulba in "real" teams.

Froakie
    (Mega) Bulba(?)
    Honedge
    Goomy/Skrelp (I'm getting X, but I'll have a Y trading partner and goomy comes "late" in the game?)
    Slyveon
    (Mega) Aerodactyl

2 Megas for different options.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookofblade View Post
    OK here is a fun question for you all. From each generation which one game would you recommend to someone who wants to get caught up on all the stories from the beginning? Try to keep it to one game from each generation unless you feel its extremely necessary to do otherwise.
    do you count remakes as being from the gen they were remade? because if not then you are really limiting yourself.

in my opinion i would play

fire red the gen 1 remake for gen1
    soul silver the gen 2 remake for gen 2
    emerald for gen 3
    platinum for gen 4
    black or white and you kind of should play black and white 2 as well since its the sequel story not a third game.

generally for all but black and white where the next game was a sequel what happens in the first two games never actually happened and if you want the story you need to play the third game, or the remakes which incorporate the third game or overwrite it in the timeline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    I don't care much for the Speed Boost Torchic as I have an IV/EV'd one already, but will that event be the only way to obtain the stone to digivolve it?
    you mean mega evolve? yes mega blaziken is an event only pokemon the only way you can get one after its over is to have someone trade you the item
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeh its the only way to get the stone, but ofc u can just transfer it.

I'll probably use mega blazekin over mega venusaur (i might even keep it as a bulbasaur for most of the game because <3 bulbasaur!) unless they do release a cooler venusaur x like they have done with charizard...

Sigh, I am dead sure that my 3ds and X version will come at Tuesday if not at Wednesday at best.

also new game being made, kind of slipped past us i guess.

from serebii

It has been announced that within the show "The Professional" on Japanese channel NHK, there will be an episode featuring Tsunekaz Ishihara, the CEO of The Pokémon Company on October 28th. In it, it states that he was working on a game in the summer that is said to boldly tweak the Pikachu character. It's not currently known whether this is referring to Pokémon X & Y or a completely new game, but we'll provide details as and when we get them.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

15+ Year Old Account
    pikachu rpg? :3

Bleh, more Pikachu pandering, count me out.

i tend to like the pikachu games.

a game came out awhile ago for the wii where pikachu is on some island or something and has to fight other pokemon in real time, that looked fun to me, never tried it though.

- - - Updated - - -

and it may not even be about pikachu, might just have pikachu in it.

although they could be talking about a mega pikachu and we just havent found the stone yet :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i tend to like the pikachu games.

a game came out awhile ago for the wii where pikachu is on some island or something and has to fight other pokemon in real time, that looked fun to me, never tried it though.

- - - Updated - - -

and it may not even be about pikachu, might just have pikachu in it.

although they could be talking about a mega pikachu and we just havent found the stone yet :P
    would be interesting to have mega evolutions of non final evolution pokemon ^__^

I'll also consider asking for a mega-marowak, but would be scared they'd mess it up =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    I think you're a little too upset over a game save.

It's happened to me, yeah it was a little disappointing, but I wasn't mad at them about it.

It's just a game dude.
    I once deleted my own platinum save file with a fully EV trained crit absol, perfect IV Gible with perfect nature... Needless to say I was a bit sad

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    It has been announced that within the show "The Professional" on Japanese channel NHK, there will be an episode featuring Tsunekaz Ishihara, the CEO of The Pokémon Company on October 28th. In it, it states that he was working on a game in the summer that is said to boldly tweak the Pikachu character. It's not currently known whether this is referring to Pokémon X & Y or a completely new game, but we'll provide details as and when we get them.

Hey You Pikachu 2!: Electric Boogaloo.

Sorry couldn't help myself
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Hey You Pikachu 2!: Electric Boogaloo.

Sorry couldn't help myself
    that could actually work, doesnt the wiiu gamepad have a built in microphone?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i plan to just stuff my team with the coolest pokemon, only one or two of the same types, that i find until i beat the elite four. then i'll do what i always do, get a team full of dragons and become to greatest dragon trainer in the region >

i ALWAYS do that. in the process of leveling my dragon team right now in white, as i just beat the story two nights ago. i really wanted to complete white 2 before i got x or y, but i'm either gonna have to give up on my current dragon team, or buy it now and spend all day and night on it and hope i get it completed before the 12th :/

i don't like to skip games. it REALLY gets to me v.v
    Do the cheap way: as soon as you have enough badges to have your dragons obey you, transfer them over from White to White 2 and DESTROY EVERYTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Do the cheap way: as soon as you have enough badges to have your dragons obey you, transfer them over from White to White 2 and DESTROY EVERYTHING!
    well, the problem is that i can only transfer after i take down the elite 4 lol. i've never actually gone after them with an all dragon team because of this, because i don't like having more than one of the same pokemon on my team at a time. now, x and y gives me the opertunity to finally get ALL the dragons before killing the elite 4, so i'll finally be able to do it <3

i just hope the haxorus and garchomp i get on there will be as strong as the two i have now... they're level 54 and 51 and they both have 174 attack, and the rest of garchomp's stats are higher than my zekrom which is equal in level with it....