Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Not sure why you guys are arguing over best pokemon when Dragonight is still around.

OT: How many times has this video been linked in this thread?
    This made me lol for realies. =)

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.
    Awesome thread. Have only read about 30 pages, going to continue tomorrow after work. I still play my g3 Pokémon Emerald from time to time, and I have gathered my favorites and I'm planning to level all of them to level 100!

This is how it looks right now:
    Pikachu (Skybreaker): Level 100
    Rhydon (Chaos God): Level 100
    Ninetales (Burninator): Level 100
    Salamence (Huntmaster): Level 98
    Relicanth (Destroyer): Level 73
    Metagross (Doom Lord): Level 72

It's a long way to go. Getting tired of killing the Pokémon League over and over...
    The names after the real Pokémon names are my nicknames. :3)

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyway, I've already linked my SS team...not too happy with my Drought team yet, so I'll try my Drizzle team.

im happy with my drought team make up i cant wait to test it out on more than just friends as soon as i get my wifi working... but someone gave me a shiny DW ninetails with flare blitz..which i think was hacked but w/e and imma go with this team when its finished.

ninetails-flare blitz,hypnosis,fire blast,calm mind. imma give it a life orb.
    lilligant- sleep powder, solar beam,synthisis,growth heck with a speed of 299 and cloropyhill this will barely ever be out speeded maybe give it a scope lens for accuracy
    volcarona- fiery dance, flame thrower, sunny day, bug buzz i just breeded 1 with a forretress its only lv 62 but it will get there soon.
    espeon- im hoping 1 day for a DW espeon it makes for a hard counter
    umbreon. quite frankly this thing is so bulky it can fit any team.
    scizor- ive been reading up on him he makes for good revenge killing
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

15+ Year Old Account
    Never EVER run Scizor on a drought team. It ups the effectiveness of Fire moves by 1.5, and he has a huuuuggggeeeee weakness to Fire moves. He's better suited on a SS team than any other weather comp.

Deleted
    Yeeeees Can't wait to catch 'em all in the next expasion!

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    "so guys? for fun what are you black/white teams? please no all ground/fire teams..those are just to make people look silly...so anyway.."

Doesn't sound like from PVP standpoint to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Maybe I just saw it in a different way, then carry on. :P
    Ahmg Diggy I love your new Avatar

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 11:32 AM ----------

Also your sig is pretty awesome as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Never EVER run Scizor on a drought team. It ups the effectiveness of Fire moves by 1.5, and he has a huuuuggggeeeee weakness to Fire moves. He's better suited on a SS team than any other weather comp.
    Assuming SS = Sunshine, then it doesn't matter if Scizor is in a Drought or "SS" Team - they're both the same thing! But perhaps you meant Drizzle/Rain Dance Team? Because that way Fire moves lose 50% of their base power, making Scizor more durable against Fire Moves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Assuming SS = Sunshine, then it doesn't matter if Scizor is in a Drought or "SS" Team - they're both the same thing! But perhaps you meant Drizzle/Rain Dance Team? Because that way Fire moves lose 50% of their base power, making Scizor more durable against Fire Moves.
    SS = Sandstorm. Due to his Steel typing, Scizor wouldn't take any damage from the weather effect and he'd retain all his prior strengths. The only reason I avoided including RD/Drizzle is because it grants Thunder a 100% accuracy, and given Scizor's rather low bulk, that would be no bueno.
    Last edited by Swizzle; 2011-11-07 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Ahmg Diggy I love your new Avatar

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 11:32 AM ----------

Also your sig is pretty awesome as well
    This will probably be *my* avatar for a good long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Until now, I've never considered competitive battling in Pokémon games.
    Or getting a "good" team in general. I just go with whichever ones are the cutest.
    Thats what I've always done since Gen 1. >3>

scizor would be fine on that team. if not? i was also considering a chadelure because of shadow tag..no way i could really catch these pokemon any time soon but come december ill get my bonus i think my issue is i dropped my 3ds and the wireless part was damaged...everything else is working.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    scizor would be fine on that team. if not? i was also considering a chadelure because of shadow tag..no way i could really catch these pokemon any time soon but come december ill get my bonus i think my issue is i dropped my 3ds and the wireless part was damaged...everything else is working.
    You don't really want a brittle sweeper with 4x Fire weakness on a team meant to increase Fire damage. Also, Heatran would wall the living hell out of Scizor, assuming it lives for more than a single Heat Wave.

Where's all the love for my pikachu?!?

It's old but meh

Deleted
    this is is probably a repost but ill post it anyway, its worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Zizou View Post
    this is is probably a repost but ill post it anyway, its worth it

Not a repost, I don't think. :O

It's awesome.

Wait are you people saying there is a way to judge pokemon aside from cuteness??? Fail.

Or getting a "good" team in general. I just go with whichever ones are the cutest.
    I also judge Pokemon based on looks. Not just cuteness, but badassery too. If a Pokemon's ugly, I won't use it, no matter how strong it is.

If I had the patience to EV/IV train and all that stuff, I might attempt online battling, but I get bored of leveling and training really fast. The most I'll do is battle against other friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests

No need to add anything else @_@

Tis what Skelington has always done, and probably always shall do. Stats are boring.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    I also judge Pokemon based on looks. Not just cuteness, but badassery too. If a Pokemon's ugly, I won't use it, no matter how strong it is.

If I had the patience to EV/IV train and all that stuff, I might attempt online battling, but I get bored of leveling and training really fast. The most I'll do is battle against other friends.
    Pokemon-Online, download and enjoy.