I wonder why Americans modified the original DBZ soundtrack, American DBZ makes me not like DBZ at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Frieza doesn't strike me as the type to train, He's evidently Daddy's favorite, and his power is absolute, so he likely never did train often (if at all).
    That's how I've always scene it as well. Had Frieza actually put effort into training he would have been able to walk around in his final form I'd imagine. Like how Goku and Gohan train and eventually can do normal things and sleep in SSJ form without wasting energy.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-08-11 at 06:10 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    I wonder why Americans modified the original DBZ soundtrack, American DBZ makes me not like DBZ at all.
    I find it a welcome improvement over the Japanese soundtrack. I think the Japanese soundtrack is often too happy for the things that are happening, there is hardly any buildup or tension to amplify the scenes.

It's weird to see Frieza killing people left and right and then just listening to quite happy music.

Frieza doesn't strike me as the type to train, He's evidently Daddy's favorite, and his power is absolute, so he likely never did train often (if at all).
    Eh, if actual training really mattered in DBZ, then Vegeta would have been the strongest character on the show.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Eh, if actual training really mattered in DBZ, then Vegeta would have been the strongest character on the show.
    Training was always better when they trained with someone else. Vegeta trained more, but he always trained alone (even when he and Trunks went into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber), which is why I think he never was as powerful as Goku.

Can you imagine if Goku and Vegeta had always trained together?

Training was always better when they trained with someone else. Vegeta trained more, but he always trained alone (even when he and Trunks went into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber), which is why I think he never was as powerful as Goku.

Can you imagine if Goku and Vegeta had always trained together?
    Well, not really. Goku really only has a few big training sessions in the series, with King Kai, flying to Namek, and in the hyperbolic chamber with Gohan. (Then his "training" in Otherworld, but that's offscreen.) The first two were pretty much alone, as King Kai wasn't a hands on teacher, and flying to Namek is obvious since he was on the ship. And in the hyperbolic chamber, his own training was hindered because he was more focused on training Gohan for when he eventually fights Cell. And despite how he trained in otherworld (with the best dead fighters around), he's still impressed by Vegeta's own progress during the Buu Saga and how it rivaled his own, seeing as he trained all the time.

Then you have the whole, "Saiyans get a boost when they almost die," thing. Which really only shows up in the Freeza saga and then seems to be dropped. I think it's the big kicker at the end of the Cell saga for when he comes back after blowing up, then seems to disappear. Either that, or then you get the stupid contrived power-boost like with Guru and Elder Kai.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one that looks the part is cell Buu and Frieza are too ugly...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    The only one that looks the part is cell Buu and Frieza are too ugly...

u all buu oogly?

Dunno if anyone has posted this yet, but here you go

(fair warning, this is Kai music)

Last edited by Darnash; 2013-08-12 at 05:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Well, not really. Goku really only has a few big training sessions in the series, with King Kai, flying to Namek, and in the hyperbolic chamber with Gohan. (Then his "training" in Otherworld, but that's offscreen.) The first two were pretty much alone, as King Kai wasn't a hands on teacher, and flying to Namek is obvious since he was on the ship. And in the hyperbolic chamber, his own training was hindered because he was more focused on training Gohan for when he eventually fights Cell. And despite how he trained in otherworld (with the best dead fighters around), he's still impressed by Vegeta's own progress during the Buu Saga and how it rivaled his own, seeing as he trained all the time.

Then you have the whole, "Saiyans get a boost when they almost die," thing. Which really only shows up in the Freeza saga and then seems to be dropped. I think it's the big kicker at the end of the Cell saga for when he comes back after blowing up, then seems to disappear. Either that, or then you get the stupid contrived power-boost like with Guru and Elder Kai.
    I thought the entire idea was that Goku was "special", and he just naturally gained power faster than anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I thought the entire idea was that Goku was "special", and he just naturally gained power faster than anyone else.
    Goku was never special..... well at least in that sense.

He just had the right motivation while training, was open to new things while training, and drank proteins while vegeta drank juice

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Goku was never special..... well at least in that sense.

He just had the right motivation while training, was open to new things while training, and drank proteins while vegeta drank juice
    He had the special ability of being the favorite.

As much as I like Goku, they really gave him too much attention compared to others, at least in DBZ. If I remember right, Dragon Ball wasn't too bad with him, but it's been AGES since I've seen it.

It still bothers me that Vegeta's suicide did nothing against Buu. It would have been great if it at least was what released Super Buu. But nope, had to have Satan do something and turn him into a good guy, in a matter of seconds mind you. And, oh Christ! Don't get me started on the ending to Wrath of the Dragon. Sure, maybe having a kid stab a man to death wasn't the best option, but it was certainly better than what they did.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Then Naruto and Sasuke take the next fifteen minutes to explain to us how Goku was able to appear in their universe. With excruciatingly bad diagrams and ear-wrenching detail.

10+ Year Old Account

meet the leader of aqua team ginyu force

- - - Updated - - -

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Grew up with the American soundtrack, and absolutely love it. Sometimes it's too loud but it absolutely MAKES the scenes so much more emotionally involved. Hair on my arms stands up straight and I get goose bumps when some of the themes play at certain moments. Can't say I feel the same about the Japanese soundtrack, it just sounds too 'happy' at times that certainly aren't happy and IMO sounds really tacky.

I think the voice acting is mostly superior in the Japanese version, although there are a few VA that I really like in the English version. But I can't say I like the Japanese music at all, there might be 1-2 themes that I actually like. Rarely would I say that the original was improved upon in anyway, but I believe the music is far superior.

super saiyans in meh pokermans

all we need is pokemon z and there will be pokemon/dragonball z crossover fanart everywhere
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Mewtwo looked like Freeza, now he looks like Majin Buu

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm feeling a bit bored right now, so here's a question:
    What was your favourite kamehameha in the entire series (including movies)?

For me personally it has to have been either the very first one, by Roshi or the one Goku used against Vegeta. The vibes I got from those 2 were so amazing.