Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    I really don't understand what time frame people are comparing this to. It's baffling, really.
    The end of episode 120: "ogm the pillar went down, only 10 mins left"
    The end of episode 121: "9 minutes left! Hope you guys are excited for this final clash"

Wtf lol, how can they POSSIBLY have such bad writing. One person on the writing team didn't find it ridiculous?

- - - Updated - - -

Btw idk how I feel about Vegeta kicking Jiren in the preview...Jiren was tanking all of Goku's hits, easily.

Happy freezer day everyone!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand why you're bitching about 1 minute lapsing for an episode. Would you rather have it align better with our perception of time? It's not like Dragon Ball has ever had good writing since the series began decades ago now.

Honestly I've seen the passage of time to be plausible with the fighting, but not the dialog and transformations. Moving at super speeds etc that kind of stuff, but the talking makes it weird for me to put it into perspective.

technically speaking, the Tourney would have been over in a few episode if they wanted to make it realistic.

writers ain't stupid.

they made it that way on purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    technically speaking, the Tourney would have been over in a few episode if they wanted to make it realistic.

writers ain't stupid.

they made it that way on purpose.
    They could have made it with unlimited time, until the last universe is eliminated... I think the time limit will actually serve a purpose, otherwise there would have been no reason not to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    They could have made it with unlimited time, until the last universe is eliminated... I think the time limit will actually serve a purpose, otherwise there would have been no reason not to do that.
    they could have yeah but they cannot fight forever.

they would tire themselves out.

it could drag on for hours and I doubt they can fight that long.

plus, the last 2 standing can hold on until the time runs out which could be a plot device for U7 and U11 (Jiren and Goku).

The canon explanation for the time in my eye can be, when you have fighters that move as fast or faster than speed or light, 1 min is an eternity, so i dont really mind the time

What i dont like is the super bullshit power level which is worst than db-dbz-dbgt,if you are so hungry for views and money have the decency to do it half right, next episode is pure wank on the fan favorite, poor Vegeta, he got tons of shit so far in dbs, compare with Piccolo,Gohan, and the rest of nakama that got tons of characters development and power boost after power boost just to please the whiny fans

judging by the preview, seems like they nerfed Jirens power. Goku and Vegeta trading blows with Jiren when he roflstomped Goku the last time... unless all the battles after they got major zenkai boosts but that would be a little shitty imo.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    The canon explanation for the time in my eye can be, when you have fighters that move as fast or faster than speed or light, 1 min is an eternity, so i dont really mind the time
    only Dyspo is moving faster than the speed of light.

What i dont like is the super bullshit power level which is worst than db-dbz-dbgt,if you are so hungry for views and money have the decency to do it half right, next episode is pure wank on the fan favorite, poor Vegeta, he got tons of shit so far in dbs, compare with Piccolo,Gohan, and the rest of nakama that got tons of characters development and power boost after power boost just to please the whiny fans
    well, Gohan will obviously fight Toppo so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And then you have brianne and co's transformation taking 10 minutes out of the fight because that did not move faster than the speed of light.
    Agree, but this is DB, 90% bullshit,im really curious what would happen if DB franchise would start now not over 30 years ago, probably would not pass first season

Agree, but this is DB, 90% bullshit,im really curious what would happen if DB franchise would start now not over 30 years ago, probably would not pass first season
    with the present fan base, 90% would bitch about it.

though OG DB was way better than DBZ, DB GT and DBS.

only Dyspo is moving faster than the speed of light.

well, Gohan will obviously fight Toppo so there is that.
    Hmm really, i thought they past speed of light around Cell saga, thanks for info, that is good to know

I dont think Gohan is at Toppo level, his atleast SSB kaioken 5 level, im curious how the fight will continue

Goku/Vegeta vs Jire
    17 vs Dyspo
    Gohan vs Toppo

I assume 17 will eliminate Dyspo and get eliminate by Jiren or Toppo, with Gohan i see a double elimination with Toppo, i dont think any of them will remain for the final battle, Goku vs Jiren

Wow, finally a fan that agree with me on DB was better than rest, not sure if its nostalgia or not tho

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    The end of episode 120: "ogm the pillar went down, only 10 mins left"
    The end of episode 121: "9 minutes left! Hope you guys are excited for this final clash"

Wtf lol, how can they POSSIBLY have such bad writing. One person on the writing team didn't find it ridiculous?
    Wait your applying logic to dragonball, realy? have you forgotten the whole namek "the planet is gonna explode in 5 minutes" stuff?
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Hmm really, i thought they past speed of light around Cell saga, thanks for info, that is good to know
    well, Hit and other's around Hit's level can react to Dyspo at least.
    I dont think Gohan is at Toppo level, his atleast SSB kaioken 5 level, im curious how the fight will continue

Goku/Vegeta vs Jiren
    17 vs Dyspo
    Gohan vs Toppo
    Toppo is a beast

according to Piccolo, Gohan can go even further than he already is.

I assume 17 will eliminate Dyspo and get eliminate by Jiren or Toppo, with Gohan i see a double elimination with Toppo, i dont think any of them will remain for the final battle, Goku vs Jiren
    Frieza is fighting Dyspo.

Wow, finally a fan that agree with me on DB was better than rest, not sure if its nostalgia or not tho
    yeah, DB was written the best.

after that, it was just about cool moments.

DBZ had AMAZING moments and fights but DB takes the cake when it comes to how it was written.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2017-12-25 at 10:40 AM.

I fell ashame, i forgot about Frieza

17/Gohan vs Toppo? , while i see Toppo super powerfull, but i think that is a little to much for him
    Last edited by kaelix1; 2017-12-25 at 10:41 AM.

I fell ashame, i forgot about Frieza

17/Gohan vs Toppo? , while i see Toppo super powerfull i think that is a little to much for him
    hm fun thing about Toppo is that he never went all out.

we got that hint that he was around SSJBK level.

depends on how strong Gohan is.

17 is close to SSJB level at least.

Gohan vs Toppo - Leader vs Leader

- - - Updated - - -

and I remembered that Vegeta has 2 years over Goku because of Time Chamber so his SSJB could very well be above Goku... A LOT.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2017-12-25 at 10:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    and I remembered that Vegeta has 2 years over Goku because of Time Chamber so his SSJB could verey well be above Goku... A LOT.
    Thats possible and do not forget that Vegeta actualy manage to get Goku Black while Goku was having problems, do think that Goku with kaioken x20 is stronger then Vegeta is on blue tho.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

and I remembered that Vegeta has 2 years over Goku because of Time Chamber so his SSJB could verey well be above Goku... A LOT.

I sincerely dont mind this, but why didnt you use that Time Chamber on Gohan? who for exemple can be a level or two more powerfull than Vegeta, hell your universe survival is in stake, use that OP device on character that have far more potential than Vegeta, characters like Gohan, Buu,Frieza, at this point Time chamber is use as an excuse to please Vegeta fans evereytime they whine

At this point Vegeta became a worst Batman/Hulk/Zaraki/Byakuya

I sincerely dont mind this, but why didnt you use that Time Chamber on Gohan? who for exemple can be a level or two more powerfull than Vegeta, hell your universe survival is in stake, use that OP device on character that have far more potential than Vegeta, characters like Gohan, Buu,Frieza, at this point Time chamber is use as an excuse to please Vegeta fans evereytime they whine

At this point Vegeta became a worst Batman/Hulk/Zaraki/Byakuya
    I ask myself the same question.

for Gohan, I guess they wanted to make it much cooler.

Gohan vs Piccolo was pretty cool with all the raining and everything. it looks much better than the Time Chamber but it was too short, like, one entire day.

I said this before, the ToP should have happened after some time skip.

1 or 2 year AT least. heck, even half a year would be enough.

as for Frieza, dude was already above SSJB after 4 months of training (or 6 months).

add the mental training and he is up there as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Thats possible and do not forget that Vegeta actualy manage to get Goku Black while Goku was having problems, do think that Goku with kaioken x20 is stronger then Vegeta is on blue tho.
    yeah, true.