Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Personally love the system,

Gives me something to do in between and I can actually learn the fight before and practice, as I am on way before most guildes.

For every terrible run you describe with badly geared people, i have had several good ones. Every single pug 5man is not filled with window licking sociopaths. LFR will have its ups and downs just like everything else.

How can you call something a fail before it's implemented? As far as I know the Dungeon finder is a success for those that like to run those, sure you have your few bad eggs but what system doesn't come with a few flaws? To call it a fail is purely asinine and ignorant, sorry but you should remain open to new ideas, keep vocal about flaws but don't be some close minded.

I probably won't be using this feature as my guild keeps pretty current on raids and we even have alt nights for some fun, may use this for shits and giggles but damn man, to call something a failure without trying it yourself is just.. sorry but you certainly aren't the brightest star in the sky.

[QUOTE=adeeil;13403354]
    A plate class can roll on anything they want as long as its plate, the same goes for every class so if you think that there won't be a lot of ninjaing then you are very wrong. And even as you stated, 5 people will attempt to carry numerous baddies and then go free roll with the noob who died 10 sec into the fight or who did 10k dps. I hope there are at least a few fraps'ed ex mode raids on youtube just to get a good laugh as you know people who all pvp gear and no hit will be all over those raids lol.
    I think these proposed videos will be great entertainment! I look forward to those now more so than the new content! lmfao!

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 09:40 AM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    OP talked about the old bad gear players. This is the best example.
    I dont get it, do people not read on the stats or... I mean when you're a new player, wont you atleast TRY to understand the game?

I've got mixed feelings about raid finder:
    Pugging raids will be faster, hopefully,
    but failchance will increase by 79% (actual number).
    Last edited by Supertramp; 2011-09-27 at 07:06 PM.

RONG WHIT DOG!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumikor View Post
    then screw it, Star Trek Online is better.
    Oh and if that's your mindset please do go with Star Trek but please stay away from Star Wars.. want to keep that free of individuals such as yourself

it will fail due to the people that start in there will get use to that level of difficulty, try to do normal mode raiding, some may find its "too hard" and then QQ tht they havea right to see all content and not just the "easy" content

LFG works well enough. Much better than pugging did before.

Besides if your 6/7 with your guild why is this a problem for you?

I believe everyone has a right to see content, bad player or not. We all pay for the same game, so why not see it? If you aren't going to USE the Looking for Raid tool, WHY complain?

Sadly, people HAVE to find something to complain about. You could say:

You: BLIZZARD I WANT AN INSTANT BOSS KILL BUTTON!
    Blizzard: Eh, uh. Okay. (Implemented)
    You: OMG! CASUALS ARE ALLOWED TO TOUCH THIS BUTTON! ITS GOING TO FAIL.

Seriously, please find something else to complain about.

I would rather have people be able to USE the Looking for Raid tool, gain some insight into the raids (Besides, it's lesser gear then actual RAIDS, so what's it matter? You got shiny purples, they get shiny purples) and maybe even pick up NEW people who couldn't get into a guild before because of their lack of knowledge.

Oh, don't threaten to leave, just go. We could use less people with bad attitudes in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    Clearly the rogue stabs them with a poison that revives, and the warrior yells at them until they get up.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
    OP talked about the old bad gear players. This is the best example.
    I dont get it, do people not read on the stats or... I mean when you're a new player, wont you atleast TRY to understand the game?

I've got mixed feelings about raid finder:
    Pugging raids will be faster, hopefully,
    but failchance will increase by 79% (actual number).
    Took me a sec but now I see the fail. But you know what I dont necessarily blame the player, I do kind of blame Blizz. At no point during the leveling or end game process does Blizz give you an actual breakdown for people (that I am aware of) on what stats are good. When I first played and was capped I didnt exactly know what to go for or what was better than the other. Dont tell me its a community game and people should ask for help, posting in general chat "Just turned 85 Paladin dont know if crit or hit is better" will only get you flamed to all holy hell. So not ALL bad players are because of being bad, I blame it on a lack of direction that could be given at some point in time
    outside the government, beyond the police. Fighting for the future on behalf of the human race. The 21st Century is when everything changes -- and Torchwood is ready.

I predict an incredible success of LfR system if the following steps will be taken:

1) Gear dropping from there will be exactly 6 ilvl lower than from normal raida, with stats lowered by a constant percentage
    2) System will see if the person in queue uses pvp gear and lowers its ilvl in calculation of average ilvl, making "pvp tards" unable to join
    3) A person with the best gear and highest experiance in encounters and raid mechanics (based on statistics and achievements) will be the leader
    4) Vote Kick cooldown will be significally reduced agains players with low activity
    5) Blizzard improves Need before Greed to level on which a player who marked himself as a tank on the particular encounter can't need on a eg. ring with strengh, critical and haste if a person that may find the item useful greeds/passes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    And this is the problem with the elitists right here. They think they're entitled to see content that other people aren't able to see simply because they don't have the same amount of free time, aren't in the right guilds, or their server simply isn't capable of supporting the raiding community these people grew up in and never had the luxury to do without.

You just had 10 months of pristine content served up on a platter for you. If you didn't like it or it was too difficult for you, that's your own problem and your time it's up. It's time for Blizzard to do something for the other 60% of the player base that aren't capable of downing Rag on normal rather than cater the entire game development towards the top 5% of raiders.

Hardcore MMOs fail for a reason: most people don't want to play them. Ever hear of Ultima Online? I'm sure you have. Ever play it? Probably not because it sucks.
    Stop using the word 'elitist' it marks you out as someone who is passive/aggressive and has a massive chip on your shoulder. Stop raging so much at people who think differently than you. Seriously. You're coming across as someone who takes gaming way too seriously.

---------- Post added 2011-09-28 at 06:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jasperline View Post
    I believe everyone has a right to see content, bad player or not. We all pay for the same game, so why not see it? If you aren't going to USE the Looking for Raid tool, WHY complain?

Sadly, people HAVE to find something to complain about. You could say:

You: BLIZZARD I WANT AN INSTANT BOSS KILL BUTTON!
    Blizzard: Eh, uh. Okay. (Implemented)
    You: OMG! CASUALS ARE ALLOWED TO TOUCH THIS BUTTON! ITS GOING TO FAIL.

Seriously, please find something else to complain about.

I would rather have people be able to USE the Looking for Raid tool, gain some insight into the raids (Besides, it's lesser gear then actual RAIDS, so what's it matter? You got shiny purples, they get shiny purples) and maybe even pick up NEW people who couldn't get into a guild before because of their lack of knowledge.

Oh, don't threaten to leave, just go. We could use less people with bad attitudes in this game.
    People will complain about it because there are people that are so miserable in real life, that they have to get their rage out on anything at all cost. People want LFR to have problems. I think most of them are pissed that they're getting a lower ilvl. But they don't want to admit it, so they're going to make things up, and imagine that they know what is going to go wrong, because they can't stand just waiting to see. It burns inside them and they have to get it out.

---------- Post added 2011-09-28 at 06:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I predict an incredible success of LfR system if the following steps will be taken:

1) Gear dropping from there will be exactly 6 ilvl lower than from normal raida, with stats lowered by a constant percentage
    2) System will see if the person in queue uses pvp gear and lowers its ilvl in calculation of average ilvl, making "pvp tards" unable to join
    3) A person with the best gear and highest experiance in encounters and raid mechanics (based on statistics and achievements) will be the leader
    4) Vote Kick cooldown will be significally reduced agains players with low activity
    5) Blizzard improves Need before Greed to level on which a player who marked himself as a tank on the particular encounter can't need on a eg. ring with strengh, critical and haste if a person that may find the item useful greeds/passes
    6 ilvl thing isn't necessary. It's going to be pretty easy. That's the key to it's success. It being foolproof. People won't tolerate wipes.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2011-09-28 at 06:32 AM.

bestow your experience when needed in the spirit of an MMO, or not use it at all.

Blizzard can't control 5 man dungeon pugs. vote kick system doesn't work well (known problem according to few GM's), people ninja items, goes afk, cursing. but the worst is people without proper gear. Fresh example from this morning, i'm on my rogue trying to get him ready for alt run today, go in ZA, happy me. In the group is a warlock, spirit gear, agility, pvp with stamina, strength and dodge, no enchants no reforging. He wont live the party, we can't kick him, the party is disbanded and he gets to stay in the dungeon until other people come in and carry him.
    People relate these stories like they happen all the time. I've encountered this type of thing maybe...twice? Three times? And that's going all the way back to day 1 of 3.3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Having good gear or lots of kills in a raid/dungeon, does not equal being able to lead a group of 25 people to success. I know plenty of exceptionally geared players, who have no clue what other people are doing or should be doing during a specific encounter.

i am all for this! however, there should be a decent requirement system, where u can choose, as a raid leader, what requirements you want till a certain point, to avoid getting the absolute worst people whom would - WOULD - destroy your chances of even downing a single boss.
    <Novum Genus> - Tarren Mill Horde

Deleted
    As I am already a raider in a guild doing HM's, I don't really need LFR on my main. Unless...... I have insanely bad luck on Tier Tokens. I might have 3/4 set bonus and would then start to think about trying my luck in the LFR. Cause even the Tier Tokens from LFR is below the normal raid gear, the 4p bonus might very well make up for that.

At the same time, I have a geared alt that I prefer to stay that way. Specially in a 10 man roster, you sometimes need to bring an alt over a main due to an optimal setup etc. So for me to keep my alt on par, I would indeed be forced into LFR.

I will say what others has expressed concern for as well: How will Blizz decide and check that only people actually geared properly can enter without boosting their ilvl with wrong gear i.e a plate dps boosting his ilvl with cloth items etc. How will it be decided, who the leader is and who says that just because one person has been appointed RL, that anyone will actually listen? This reminds me of Random BG's, where people never really listens to the person who got assigned RL.

On top of that, there is the whole Vote to Kick monster. Some say it works fine, other says it's broken. I myself don't like the system, since all I see is really bad, rude or dumb people getting protected from a kick, even if they did something else than be bad, rude or dumb to justify it - like wiping the whole group over and over, cause they constantly pulls extra packs or fail at doing their job on a boss like JinDo.

And while I can agree that with 25 people 1 or maybe even 2 or 3 bad people it should be doable to kill a boss, this will certainly depend on what role those 3 persons have. Are all 3 of them healers with no clue at all, then you might have a healing issue. If there is no Master Looter, then I too foresee issues with certain items. If a caster weapon with Spirit drops, is it then only for the healers, or will the caster dps call dips as well, since the overall stat is still an upgrade and the Spirit can be reforged.

10+ Year Old Account
    I eagerly await the influx of hilariously bad applications from people who think that LFR pugs have actually prepared them for serious hardcore raiding.

I will not affect my main, it will affect my alts. can't go random to get gear, can't do raid as all the LFG they will implant will not work until they fix tons of issues.
    shucks, looks like you'll have to pug the old fashioned way, through trade chat

OT: i have 3 85's and soon to be 4 if i pick that toon up again, LFR is very appealing to me, especially since i now just use the game to burn time.
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I'm afraid that those LFR raids will either be extreamly easy or you'll wipe there gazillion of times. No vent communication, people don't know eachother.. Even doing nerfed T11 is soo easier with voice communication...
    Though I'm interested how will they implement it. The worst case scenario - I won't use it, don't really have problem with it.
    Also I'm wondering if you;ll be able to queue in LFD with a group (prolly yes). Then it won't be that bad - get like 8/10 people in your realm the regular way, then just queue and get last 2..? Or even get full raid of pugs from trade and queue for raid this group might do - easier raid requiring less skill/gear/communication.. And doing it this way - you controll who you get into your group, what gear they have etc.
    It might work, it might not, depends on maaany factors, starting with Blizzs implementation, community and how they use it etc..
    from what i understand this will be for 25 mans only? i won't use it. most of my guildies agree this is not something they will use either. when we take pugs with us to raids we are thorough in screening them via armory/achieves as well as just talking with /2 pug candidates to see if they are capable or inept. what you will get here will likely be a lot of what we saw when za/zg hit. people in pvp gear and/or blues who queue up and when they are being terrible in the raid they'll turn around and troll the raid. i agree if they can't implement a functional vote-kick system then i don't see how this will pan out any better. just my 2c.
    i do not spew profanities. i enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A8lh%C3%A8im/