Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    With mythic, your main focus needs to be to live. If you aren't comfortable casting aimed shots during beam, don't. Wait until you're comfortable with the fight.

Mechanics first, dps later, if dps is an issue, then focus on fixing it, but if you're dead you can't do dps :P

But really, your core dmg issue remains as patient sniper, 2/16 vulnerables on chrono, had an aimed shot hit in the last 2 seconds.
    On those tried i did dps how im used to, still trying to cast aimed on last shot sometimes it feels like im losing gcd where 1 bonus arcane shot is worth that 10% dmg from aimed shot

Quote Originally Posted by aeonss View Post
    On those tried i did dps how im used to, still trying to cast aimed on last shot sometimes it feels like im losing gcd where 1 bonus arcane shot is worth that 10% dmg from aimed shot
    Sometimes, the best thing you can do is wait and do nothing. There's nothing wrong with that. It's a total dps gain as long as you don't cap focus.

Deleted
    MM
    Expectations: Get a decent DPS in Mythic
    Anesterian on Varimathras EU

You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.

Thank you very much for your time ,
    I learned a lot here for years and this is my fist post so plz be kind

edit : if you want more infos i can send you the armory and logs in MP

Sometimes, the best thing you can do is wait and do nothing. There's nothing wrong with that. It's a total dps gain as long as you don't cap focus.
    Tested new rotation on pug(specially star augur), looking for feedback
    Here's the log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Tested new rotation on pug(specially star augur), looking for feedback
    Here's the log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Much better! still a few vulnerables where you don't cast aimed shot, but likely because of movement. You can get aimed shot casts off between fel ticks.
    Definite improvement Keep it up

Much better! still a few vulnerables where you don't cast aimed shot, but likely because of movement. You can get aimed shot casts off between fel ticks.
    Definite improvement Keep it up
    Only some of them, mostly i using marked shot while moving without caring aimed shot , btw just got 920 bursting shot life relic is it worth to upgrade my 895 trueshot relic

Only some of them, mostly i using marked shot while moving without caring aimed shot , btw just got 920 bursting shot life relic is it worth to upgrade my 895 trueshot relic
    100%, atm a 2ilvl upgrade to your relic, will ALWAYS be an upgrade, 1ilvl 99% of the time, pretty much no matter unless it's a trueshot trait then it can be better.

Ilvl is everything for a hunter on their wep.

100%, atm a 2ilvl upgrade to your relic, will ALWAYS be an upgrade, 1ilvl 99% of the time, pretty much no matter unless it's a trueshot trait then it can be better.

Ilvl is everything for a hunter on their wep.
    Done on relic thank you , so here's the problem seems like i'm suffering in movement management in mythic fights specially trillax and krosus, only bosses we downed atm.
    Trillax: It was somehow manageable until laser phase with food debuff, there had nothing i could do but arcane shot and marked shot.
    Krosus: Feels like i'm doing dps on only burst then mostly soaking and avoiding, what should i do

Here's our log:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VXLPRzhYGd9gfpyw/ (i joined from trillax)

Done on relic thank you , so here's the problem seems like i'm suffering in movement management in mythic fights specially trillax and krosus, only bosses we downed atm.
    Trillax: It was somehow manageable until laser phase with food debuff, there had nothing i could do but arcane shot and marked shot.
    Krosus: Feels like i'm doing dps on only burst then mostly soaking and avoiding, what should i do

Here's our log:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VXLPRzhYGd9gfpyw/ (i joined from trillax)
    Trilliax is all about movement management, start in a position where you can easily grab a cake without much movement, so you don't lose much dmg grabbing it, on beam, try to atleast get the last aimed shot off in each vuln, use cheetah if you need to get ahead of the beam easier to get the final cast off. And outside of that, just always be near where cakes will spawn, so they're only a few steps, or a quick disengage away from you.

Krosus you shouldn't have to move much to avoid stuff, the beams follow a pattern, if it starts left it will always go left-right-left-right-left-right and repeat etc, if it starts right, well it does the opposite. Soaking you just need to do asap, get out, use speed boosts, soak, then make your way closer to the boss, if your raid NEEDS you to help with adds, do so. But if they don't need you to, or if you can get away with just multi+marked spam, do that, and try to keep true aim up on the boss.

Soaking and getting an orb on you, is the only time you should lose dps from movement. Learn the fight and play around the mechanics before they come out.

Trilliax is all about movement management, start in a position where you can easily grab a cake without much movement, so you don't lose much dmg grabbing it, on beam, try to atleast get the last aimed shot off in each vuln, use cheetah if you need to get ahead of the beam easier to get the final cast off. And outside of that, just always be near where cakes will spawn, so they're only a few steps, or a quick disengage away from you.

Krosus you shouldn't have to move much to avoid stuff, the beams follow a pattern, if it starts left it will always go left-right-left-right-left-right and repeat etc, if it starts right, well it does the opposite. Soaking you just need to do asap, get out, use speed boosts, soak, then make your way closer to the boss, if your raid NEEDS you to help with adds, do so. But if they don't need you to, or if you can get away with just multi+marked spam, do that, and try to keep true aim up on the boss.

Soaking and getting an orb on you, is the only time you should lose dps from movement. Learn the fight and play around the mechanics before they come out.
    Somehow managed to minimize my movement seems problem is i'm moving to my soaking place bit too early then go back to melee range coz orb, about aimed it's kind of hard to manage patient sniper on krosus still tried to do my best here's the krosus log
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    edit: and seems like im using marking shot bit too much saw 100% parse same length fight on checkmywow he had 14 meanwhile i had 23 vulnerable
    Last edited by aeonss; 2017-05-11 at 01:55 PM.

Somehow managed to minimize my movement seems problem is i'm moving to my soaking place bit too early then go back to melee range coz orb, about aimed it's kind of hard to manage patient sniper on krosus still tried to do my best here's the krosus log
    edit: and seems like im using marking shot bit too much saw 100% parse same length fight on checkmywow he had 14 meanwhile i had 23 vulnerable
    600k is kind of the min you want to do for that fight, so you smashed that, very nice. Learning the fights, and learning how you should move, and where you don't have to move, or move early when you can move without losing dmg, all of that will be a decent dps gain. Do you have gloves? If so, try to move only during glove procs. If not, move during your arcane shots.

MM
    Know what I'm doing wrong
    Vladook on Hyjal US
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't get any decent dps fights as MM, if I go BM I do way better, problem is that I like playing MM and don't what to change just because BM is easier, I can't link anything yet but if you could take a look at my logs and tell me what Im doing wrong would be great, any help would be great thanks

600k is kind of the min you want to do for that fight, so you smashed that, very nice. Learning the fights, and learning how you should move, and where you don't have to move, or move early when you can move without losing dmg, all of that will be a decent dps gain. Do you have gloves? If so, try to move only during glove procs. If not, move during your arcane shots.
    Sadly i don't have gloves, still unlocking nethershard gloves whenever my shard reaches 5k, still feels like my dps is bit lower than my group, is it bcoz those bosses are single target dps where i can't shine ?

I'm running into an issue where other BM Hunters almost seem to be able to cast more Kill Commands than I can during a fight. I don't have another Hunter in my guild, so I only run into this during things like LFR. Even BM Hunters with a lower ilvl than I am sometimes end up doing more DPS because that cast more Kill Commands during the fight. Being LFR, I don't have logs.

I know it can sometimes come down to RNG with Wild Call procs, but it happens often enough to make me think the issue lies with what I'm doing, and not RNG. I think I may know what I'm doing wrong, I just need to confirm it. For reference I am using the legendary Shoulders and Wrists, as I don't have the belt, and I am comparing myself to other people who also don't have the belt. As I know full well having the belt is going to allow people to cast more Kill Commands than me.

So my question has a few different parts.

First, do I put a priority on maintaining 3 stacks of Dire Frenzy of put a priority on maximizing my BW CD? As it stands, there are often times when I need to cast Dire Frenzy at a point that is not optimal in terms of getting the full benefit of it's CD reduction of BW in order to prevent my stacks of Dire Frenzy from falling off. So far I have been prioritizing maintaining my stacks of Dire Frenzy over the full CD reduction on BW. This is one possible thing I think I may be doing wrong.

Second, during my Killer Cobra window, do I want to spam KC-CS-KC-CS, etc, and burn myself out of Focus? Or do I still follow the normal rule of "don't cast CS unless you have 80 Focus"? As things stand, I spam Kill Command and Cobra Short during BW and the Killer Cobra window, but run out of Focus long before BW is done. So that's why I'm wondering if it's better to spread out those casts.

Third, and this ties into my first and second questions, during our Beastial Wrath and Killer Cobra window, do we prioritize properly building and maintaining our Dire Frenzy stacks, or do we cast DF as needed during that window to give us the Focus necessary to simply cast as many Kill Commands as possible. Regardless of maintaining our DF stacks. As it is I normally wait until DF is just about to expire before casting it again, this works best for trying to maintain 3 stacks without luky Wild Call procs doing it for you.

Fourth, what takes priority on fights like Botanist and Tich, Kill Command or Beast Cleave? Obviously when only one target is up we don't worry about Beast Cleave, but during the parts of the fight where were have 3 or more targets to deal with, do we still go through our Kill Command and Cobra Shot rotation during BW, or do we prioritize using that Focus on Multi-Shot and Beast Cleave. I know we can do a bit of both since Beast Cleave stays up for a few seconds, but which one takes priority, maintaining Beast Cleave or casting Cobra Shot to reset the CD on Kill Command?

Sadly i don't have gloves, still unlocking nethershard gloves whenever my shard reaches 5k, still feels like my dps is bit lower than my group, is it bcoz those bosses are single target dps where i can't shine ?
    Yeah, MM is very weak on ST, especially without the gloves. Spellblade you should shine for sure though.

Yeah, MM is very weak on ST, especially without the gloves. Spellblade you should shine for sure though.
    Here's our last hc farm, joined from Tichondrius (feedback on star would be great except i gone with aoe talent )
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6v798LcbqNACJyzk/
    About hand still farming it Not sure why but feels like my st dps is bit too low, still trying to fix it

Here is our last heroic farm. I've been in this thread previously as I'm new to hunter. I feel my parses improving every week as well as my feel for the class, so cheers! That said, what mistakes am I still making? I'm Orion.

Our other hunter, DangerRanger, has also expressed some frustrations lately. Are there any tips I can take back to him other than staying alive more consistently?

Hey all, I was hoping you could take a look at my girlfriend's logs. She really likes hunters, and the meme spec in particular, but she knows shes having some issues with it. Could you take a look at some of the logs and see if anything stands out? She doesn't have the gloves or anything, her legendaries are pants and Prydaz, even so we are both sure she could be higher on the charts. Thanks in advance! She is Felyta, btw.

wwwwarcraftlogscom/reports/c9XtqxaBQ3NW1KpT

so my dps is trash like idk why but yeah can someone please help me out and tell me what im doing wrong any pointers on how to improve ect https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...jin/blastoisse
    mr pickles

Quote Originally Posted by Castellan View Post
    Hey all, I was hoping you could take a look at my girlfriend's logs. She really likes hunters, and the meme spec in particular, but she knows shes having some issues with it. Could you take a look at some of the logs and see if anything stands out? She doesn't have the gloves or anything, her legendaries are pants and Prydaz, even so we are both sure she could be higher on the charts. Thanks in advance! She is Felyta, btw.

www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/c9XtqxaBQ3NW1KpT
    I'm still new to legion so take my advice with a grain of salt, but isn't Trilliax a single target fight? Her damage seems primarily coming from Marked Shot which seems wrong for single target, it should be aimed shot by quite a large margin. This leads me to believe that she's using trueshot incorrectly and using it to alternate arcane shot and marked shot. It should be spent doing aimed shots if possible.

She only managed to use trueshot once during the fight also, being a 3 minute cd there should have been 2 uses at least, maybe 3 since she has 2 set.

Also looking at her APM, over the 4:34 fight (254 seconds) she only casted on average one ability every 2.67 seconds which sounds like there's a lot of time doing nothing, she should be doing something even if it's just firing arcane shots.

The meme build is also a little bit suboptimal on single target fight but the above points need to be addressed before.