Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    If you get a new link to your armory I'll take a look at that as well.
    Hi, the armory should work if you put eu behind battle.net "eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Arelie/advanced". And also my dps seemed to increase alot after I got my leggings? Here's the link ultraxion this week: worldoflogs.com/reports/stukeeydc7b32iyi/dashboard/?s=918&e=1202

Quote Originally Posted by SiNisTeR84 View Post
    hi, pls can u help me? im rly disgusted from my dps, used to play shadow during FL... even with 381eq i had better dmg than now.. i know the rotation, reforges etc. i play SP/holy/disco as alt for 3years... actualy maybe i missed somethin, cuz its my 5th alt now or i dunno but my dps rly sucks...

ilvl: 397
    Expectations: just do normal avg dps, even with my blood dk as tank on ultrax i do more dmg (like 32k...)
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakthul/Ouwe/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...?s=3685&e=3972

thx for help

edit: i got lower dot uptime due to stacking aa with shadowfiend and doin ms/mb rotation for that while... i read its better for dps...
    and on training dummy i do like 22-24k selfbuffed.. i feel its low too for my ilvl, but dunno what is wrong.. as i said, during FL times, i was one of the best dps even when compared to better geared SP and other classes..
    You didn't do terrible. The fact that you don't have any spellpower buffs doesn't help, ofc no DI as well. (no mage/lock) You're at the right haste point since you don't have those buffs. I would say there's a couple of other items that would out optimize the current one you have, namely your wrists and bracers. I would aim for H Vagaries of Time w/ Ledger from Ultraxion too. Your dps is kinda at the expense of your group atm.

Don't forget, you can always prepot and pot later w/ heroism or when CD's are up. Or even below 25%. (Only saw 1) Work on getting Dot's up asap, and fitting in more MB's and you're prolly square.
    Voxi - 85 Shadow Priest [4/8 HM DS, 6/7 Heroic FL] Tsunari - 85 MM Huntard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vawcks View Post
    You didn't do terrible. The fact that you don't have any spellpower buffs doesn't help, ofc no DI as well. (no mage/lock) You're at the right haste point since you don't have those buffs. I would say there's a couple of other items that would out optimize the current one you have, namely your wrists and bracers. I would aim for H Vagaries of Time w/ Ledger from Ultraxion too. Your dps is kinda at the expense of your group atm.

Don't forget, you can always prepot and pot later w/ heroism or when CD's are up. Or even below 25%. (Only saw 1) Work on getting Dot's up asap, and fitting in more MB's and you're prolly square.
    Hi, thx for feedback. i think i used prepot, know that i can squeeze more MBs in, it will help a bit, but anyway without int buff u rly think this is normal dmg for my 397ilvl? With my blood dk 395 i do like 32k, uh 388 34k, rogue 399 43k.. we are rly so underpowered?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SiNisTeR84 View Post
    Hi, thx for feedback. i think i used prepot, know that i can squeeze more MBs in, it will help a bit, but anyway without int buff u rly think this is normal dmg for my 397ilvl? With my blood dk 395 i do like 32k, uh 388 34k, rogue 399 43k.. we are rly so underpowered?
    Not really underpowerd but very buff dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Would you guys mind checking out my Ultrax log from this week? I feel like I could be doing better dps on him and am looking for tips to squeeze every drop of dps I can out of my gear. I am using normal rotation, and the MS+MB rotation every time my fiend is available.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hiest/advanced

Logs: [url]http://worldoflogs.com/reports/cv7nuvzz3r70x510/dashboard/?enc=bosses&boss=
    You could have squeezed 1 more Archangel in there.

But other than that, you're doing pretty much what you can with your gear and without DI.

Also, if you can't make the 3202 haste rating point, I'd reforge some of that haste to mastery for more powerful dots & Spike rotation.
    Educate the community: X-Perl is dead. Stop using it!

Quote Originally Posted by tobben View Post
    Hi, the armory should work if you put eu behind battle.net "eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Arelie/advanced". And also my dps seemed to increase alot after I got my leggings? Here's the link ultraxion this week: worldoflogs.com/reports/stukeeydc7b32iyi/dashboard/?s=918&e=1202
    Hmm, I had tried that and it didn't work Oh well the new link worked \o/

Since you have the T13 4pc have you tried weighting your stats from crit to mastery? You should see some increased dps (especially during the MB/MS rotations) if you do that. That's the only thing I notice looking at your armory.

DPS on that Ultraxion fight looks good so I think you have it under control

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 08:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I try to save my Archangel for when my fiend comes back off CD, should I not be doing that and just blow it on CD after my initial one paired with SF?
    Unless you know because of the fight/tactic your group is using you won't be able to use the MB/MS next time sf is up, you should try to match them up.

Item Level 399
    Expectations: see where i can make the most improvement
    Armory Link: can't post as of yet Edelian of Strormrage US
    Worldoflogs Link: can't post link to logs but they are public DarkTrinityStormrage

After much research seeing what other priests are doing and trying to match up rotations i still feel like there is more i could be doing. I fear though that the the latency may be my issue or maybe my video card as even with low graphics i tend to hit about 13 fps (on a good night) not an excuse, and i'm trying to work around it, after every piece of gear is upgraded my character is simmed and we log a few fights to see what reforges need to be done to be optimal.However i feel like more can be done and dont' want to be dragging our raid down if there is something i can be doing to progress further through DS. Please help?

Quote Originally Posted by Edelian View Post
    Item Level 399
    Expectations: see where i can make the most improvement
    Armory Link: can't post as of yet Edelian of Strormrage US
    Worldoflogs Link: can't post link to logs but they are public DarkTrinityStormrage

After much research seeing what other priests are doing and trying to match up rotations i still feel like there is more i could be doing. I fear though that the the latency may be my issue or maybe my video card as even with low graphics i tend to hit about 13 fps (on a good night) not an excuse, and i'm trying to work around it, after every piece of gear is upgraded my character is simmed and we log a few fights to see what reforges need to be done to be optimal.However i feel like more can be done and dont' want to be dragging our raid down if there is something i can be doing to progress further through DS. Please help?
    Your gear and talents look fine.. though it would probably help your raid more if you switched the two points in Phantasm for two points in Inner Sanctum. It's not a huge deal though. Your reforges are a bit of a mess... but trying to clean it up and optimize a bit better gets you to about the same numbers anyways, so not much point in changing that around.

So I looked at the Ultraxion H from yesterday because that's the easiest one to analyze.

Honestly the only thing that stands out to me is that you should of been able to do 8 more MB's than you did and your MS usage seems high. Are you casting the MS outside doing the rotation with Fiend and AA? Something just seems off there.

yeah we went with phantasm for the hagara heroic and as it wasn't much of a deal i hadnt re specced it yet. My reforging is done by on of our sim guys he analyzes sims and other priests out there and we try to find the best way to benefit from what gear i have it's actually a bit of a new reforge. we've tried mastery and haste and so far this one works out quite well. as for MS yes the only time thats out is with my Fiend AA rotation one or more probably slipped in with the timing i assume. Hmm 8 more MB? i'll def be looking into that seeing where i can be paying a bit more attention to my rotation. It may be that i'm not taking my Dispersion aura off fast enough when in Twilight.. hmm oh no more LFR training runs!!! thanks def. food for thought

Deleted
    Here's what I use:

/stopcasting
    /cancelaura Dispersion
    /cast Dispersion

You can pop out of it as soon as you see the air wave looking thing (which is before people come out of the twilight button).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    Here's what I use:

/stopcasting
    /cancelaura Dispersion
    /cast Dispersion

You can pop out of it as soon as you see the air wave looking thing (which is before people come out of the twilight button).
    I don't like macros like that because if you want to Disperse, you can't spam the button.

Deleted
    ilvl: 394
    Expectations: single target dps (ultraxion in particular)
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...menon/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: - Don't have any atm. Was with a pug.
    Anyway, haven't played shadowpriest as alt for a long time, so not really used too using MS/MB rotation during AA/SF.

On the attempts I was running with 2908 haste, and only 781 mastery.

Found myself most of attempts being between (27-30k dps)

No DI/Legendary.

Rotation : Pretty much keeping dots up, mind blast off-cd. Recast mind-flay after 2nd tick.

Recasting vpt when ~2sec left

Using AA/SF off cd.

Reforged to mastery now after 2589 haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I don't like macros like that because if you want to Disperse, you can't spam the button.
    First 2-3 times I used it I failed, but now I'm happy with the stopcast/cancelaura. Not sure when spamming it is more optimal/why you'd need to spam it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    First 2-3 times I used it I failed, but now I'm happy with the stopcast/cancelaura. Not sure when spamming it is more optimal/why you'd need to spam it.
    When one wants to disperse right after a cast, for example. Also, when you are getting trained. I always press most of my buttons more than once so I can guarantee that they are cast directly after my previous cast.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2012-04-21 at 04:36 PM.

Expections: be top dps
    armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...drick/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10790&e=11059

I know with the gear I have I should be pulling a lot higher. I need some help figuring out what I am doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragequitter View Post
    Expections: be top dps
    armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...drick/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10790&e=11059

I know with the gear I have I should be pulling a lot higher. I need some help figuring out what I am doing wrong.
    From the looks of your logs you're not executing the MS/MB rotation correctly. You only used MS 8 times in 04:29 and you're not using MB on cooldown it seems. Your MF uptime should also be a bit higher when you don't cast MS/MB that often.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    ilvl: 372
    Expectations: Be able to do 20k-25k dps.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Avert/simple
    World of Logs Link (I don't know what to link, but I was attacking the Raiders Training Dummy, never used WoL before): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...i07/details/6/

I should be doing a lot more dps than what I'm currently doing (15k), I open with Lifeblood, VT, DP, SWP, Mind Blast, then Mind Flay until Dark Evangelism, then do archangel, then mind blast which usually has 3 orbs by now, then shadowfiend, then I just go on from there.

I know training dummy's aren't the best place to test, but it's the only place I could test my DPS atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Item Level 399
    Expectations: Back in Firelands, I consistently topped the DPS without much effort. Nowadays, I have a hard time keeping up with our arms warrior and survival hunter. I would like to see the same kind of numbers from in Firelands, and stop getting crap about how I do not pull 60k on Madness without DI and without a legendary. Is this even plausible to ask for with my gear and our raid group's lack of caster buffs? Should I be doing more? How could I accomplish this, if so? I use the cancel aura macro in the mind spike+mind blast rotation during shadowfiend and arch angel, I prepot (sometimes I slack on prepotting if it isn't heroic). I feel like I know my rotation and my class well enough, but should my numbers be higher? Briefly looking at the lower-end shadow priest rankings on Ultraxion and Madness (I just picked two fights), all of the spriests I looked at either had DI, or the legendary, mostly both. Can I compete with that?
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...roxzy/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...yze/dd/source/
    That is our log from last Thursday, we went 4/8H but for some reason my WoL didn't register the first half of the raid..
    Also, the survival hunter had computer troubles that day, so he was not present.
    On a side note, if you can figure out what our fire mage with the legendary is doing incorrectly, cookies for you.
    Last edited by sasslefrassed; 2012-05-04 at 05:04 PM.

Is there a fix my healing thread on this forum?

Cast more PoHs?