Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    The Four Fiends would be fun to face as primals. The Warring Triad from 6 got that treatment, so why not them? I'd be a bit disappointed if they ended up nothing more than final floor bosses in a new version of PotD. The Giant would be a case of perhaps too soon, seeing that we just spent an entire raid tier running around in a giant robot. Fusoya could be the NPC that tracks down the WoL and introduces them to the Tower.

Having the tower as part or the entirety of another 24 man raid could be cool, although some may complain that it's "yet another tower raid" since we had the CT series in ARR. But seeing that CT hasn't been relevant for over 2 years now, who cares?
    Admittedly though, many of the iconic settings of the final fantasy games take place in a tower like construct or a tiered area that goes progressively higher or lower. I mean FFXII had Pharos, FFVI had the Cultists/ Fanatics tower and Kefka's Tower, FFIV had the Tower of Zot, the Giant of Bab-il, and the Tower of Bab-il, FFV had Phoenix Tower, and this is just TOWER type things and doesn't include dungeons that descend.

I'd much prefer the Archfiends to be Primals as well rather than just bosses, but either approach would be fine with me, I'd just like to see them pay homage to FFIV as that was the first FF title I ever played and what got me into RPGs to begin with back with it's release on the SNES back in 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    And unless the Dmg+ gets beat out by having another Mastery significantly higher, put them in Offensive soon as you can. Offensive is +12% a rank, you have to have Independent at 4 or Balanced at 3 to beat that at 1, and only Balanced 5 can beat Offensive 2. From my experience it's random if and what Mastery improvements you get.
    Yup, and in a way, that's a bit disappointing how Offensive trumps all of the others by far. I was hoping the tactics used by the npcs would vary based on how you set them, but from my brief experience (just 10 runs for the emotes), I didn't see a discernable difference in changing the tactic mastery from one category to another outside of damage dealt. The upgrades are random, too; I got lucky with my rogue (who got offensive upgrades like 3 out of the 4-5 runs I did with them on the team), while my arcanist was up to defensive rank 4...as if they needed to be even shittier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Admittedly though, many of the iconic settings of the final fantasy games take place in a tower like construct or a tiered area that goes progressively higher or lower. I mean FFXII had Pharos, FFVI had the Cultists/ Fanatics tower and Kefka's Tower, FFIV had the Tower of Zot, the Giant of Bab-il, and the Tower of Bab-il, FFV had Phoenix Tower, and this is just TOWER type things and doesn't include dungeons that descend.

I'd much prefer the Archfiends to be Primals as well rather than just bosses, but either approach would be fine with me, I'd just like to see them pay homage to FFIV as that was the first FF title I ever played and what got me into RPGs to begin with back with it's release on the SNES back in 1991.
    We're of a similar lineage, then, seeing that 4 was my introduction to RPGs in addition to the FF franchise. Had to do it the hard mode way, too; my SNES was bought used, and the previous owner managed to lose (or likely trash) the instruction manuals to every game. Figuring out Super Mario World was easy mode compared to FF4.

Yup, and in a way, that's a bit disappointing how Offensive trumps all of the others by far. I was hoping the tactics used by the npcs would vary based on how you set them, but from my brief experience (just 10 runs for the emotes), I didn't see a discernable difference in changing the tactic mastery from one category to another outside of damage dealt. The upgrades are random, too; I got lucky with my rogue (who got offensive upgrades like 3 out of the 4-5 runs I did with them on the team), while my arcanist was up to defensive rank 4...as if they needed to be even shittier.
    Personally I'm glad you don't need l33t micro skillz to use them or any such crap. I like the random element to Mastery upgrades as it gives you a little extra motivation to keep running in pursuit of them. I predict Squads are going to become more and more popular for levelling alt jobs as time goes by.

We're of a similar lineage, then, seeing that 4 was my introduction to RPGs in addition to the FF franchise. Had to do it the hard mode way, too; my SNES was bought used, and the previous owner managed to lose (or likely trash) the instruction manuals to every game. Figuring out Super Mario World was easy mode compared to FF4.
    I got the SNES along with FF2, Actraiser, Super Mario World and one other game (don't remember which one) for Christmas that year; I was 9. Was hooked on Final Fantasy ever since. So Final Fantasy II/ IV will always have a special place for me and it's always the one I remember most vividly. The only other RPG that I hold on such a pedestal is Chrono Trigger.

My passion for the JRPG game play has waned over the years as I just don't have the patience to wade through oceans of text and exposition to get to the good stuff as much as I used to, with a few exceptions if the lore/story is REALLY good and the game controls and graphics are good.

Personally I'm glad you don't need l33t micro skillz to use them or any such crap. I like the random element to Mastery upgrades as it gives you a little extra motivation to keep running in pursuit of them. I predict Squads are going to become more and more popular for levelling alt jobs as time goes by.
    Not asking for micromanagement of them. I love that it's a simply engage/disengage/LB submenu. I'm just less thrilled about the illusion of choice in the matter of what tactics the squadron folks use. If it ain't Offensive, it ain't shit...that pretty much sums them up currently. Heck, proper use of engage/disengage keeps them out of bad more often than not to the effect that they rarely need healing.

- - - Updated - - -

I got the SNES along with FF2, Actraiser, Super Mario World and one other game (don't remember which one) for Christmas that year; I was 9. Was hooked on Final Fantasy ever since. So Final Fantasy II/ IV will always have a special place for me and it's always the one I remember most vividly. The only other RPG that I hold on such a pedestal is Chrono Trigger.

My passion for the JRPG game play has waned over the years as I just don't have the patience to wade through oceans of text and exposition to get to the good stuff as much as I used to, with a few exceptions if the lore/story is REALLY good and the game controls and graphics are good.
    4, 6 and CT were pretty much the pinnacle of the genre to me, and since I had stuck with Nintendo through the N64 (while Square went on board with Sony), it would be the last of FF series I would play...until this game, lol.

Again, you might try asking if anyone has done Ixali post-50 to see if you can just cheese it via overgearing
    Most, if not all, of the Ixali daily crafts can be done fairly comfortably by around level 40 in a single craft, though having some of the level 15 cross-class abilities will make that even easier. Just make sure you have appropriate gear for that level and there's no real need to get something to 50.

Interesting quote from the new Live Letter Digest:

Quote Originally Posted by SE
    As for Eureka (name pending), balancing is taking quite some time, so we are aiming for release during or after Patch 4.2. Instead of focusing on upgrading weapons, we are planning for a fun new activity of strengthening the player character themselves. Please stay tuned for more details.
    Which beggars the immediate question: Is this a permanent increase in player power only available through this method? I doubt it, but if so, booooo on SE.

I hope it's permanent - it'd certainly help keep Eureka relevant beyond a single content patch.

Interesting quote from the new Live Letter Digest:

Which beggars the immediate question: Is this a permanent increase in player power only available through this method? I doubt it, but if so, booooo on SE.
    Hmm. Given how vague that is, combined with how almost any relevant info has to be translated (official or otherwise), I'm not going to venture a guess as to what it may consist of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I hope it's permanent - it'd certainly help keep Eureka relevant beyond a single content patch.
    I would not, but that's due to my history with WoW, where folks (hardcore raiders, mostly) bitched and whined during Mists of Pandaria about being "required" to do something that wasn't raiding (the daily quests/reps). What followed was Warlords of Draenor. While I certainly don't expect such a thing to happen in this game, it does serve to make me, at the very least, a bit weary.

Worse, let's run with the idea that it is some sort of permanent power increase...and it turns out to be Diadem 3.0. Different area/zone, but exact same concepts. That would be very bad for the game going forward, imo (and that's putting it very nicely).

Course, this is all conjecture from me, because there's pretty much no concrete info about what Eureka is supposed to be outside of a way to progress our characters.

I think we had the same 9th Christmas.

Worse, let's run with the idea that it is some sort of permanent power increase...and it turns out to be Diadem 3.0. Different area/zone, but exact same concepts. That would be very bad for the game going forward, imo (and that's putting it very nicely).
    Exactly. Imagine how the community would react if they suddenly said 'Everyone now gets x bonus to y stats for every point of Aetherpool they have in POTD'. You thought Raubahn/Pippin was a salt mine?

The Four Fiends would be fun to face as primals. The Warring Triad from 6 got that treatment, so why not them? I'd be a bit disappointed if they ended up nothing more than final floor bosses in a new version of PotD. The Giant would be a case of perhaps too soon, seeing that we just spent an entire raid tier running around in a giant robot. Fusoya could be the NPC that tracks down the WoL and introduces them to the Tower.

Having the tower as part or the entirety of another 24 man raid could be cool, although some may complain that it's "yet another tower raid" since we had the CT series in ARR. But seeing that CT hasn't been relevant for over 2 years now, who cares?
    I actually wondered if the 4 Fiends and Zeromus would be a 5 floor wing of Omega's Deltascape.

Exactly. Imagine how the community would react if they suddenly said 'Everyone now gets x bonus to y stats for every point of Aetherpool they have in POTD'. You thought Raubahn/Pippin was a salt mine?
    Yup. I was there, although I was more salty over the godawful queues for logging on (which were rectified by taking free transfer off of Balmung) than I was the Raubahn EX wall. I happened to luck out and one shot Pippin. I spent most of the start of early access getting allied seals for the mount speed increases in ARR zones due to Raubahn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I actually wondered if the 4 Fiends and Zeromus would be a 5 floor wing of Omega's Deltascape.
    Possible that it'd be a little bit too similar to Exdeath/Neo, with it being Zemus/Zeromus...although with the latter combo, you could have the first and second forms being part of the normal mode fight, with the final form only being part of savage.

I know it's kind of cliché but for one of the floors I'd love either Kuja or Sephiroth to be in. Four Fiends and Zeromus would be pretty cool though but that would mean a 5 floor raid and we haven't had that since First Coil.

Yiazmat has to be in the Ivalice raid at some point. Just no way in hell they are going to dedicate the entirety of it to Tactics when 12 has some rich stuff to explore. Or possibly Hell Wyrm or Vayne in his Undying form.

I'm curious how Eureka would play out with that context. I for one liked the AP system in Legion, BUT it had a few flaws (killing alts was one of them). I'd be curious to see how it is implemented and if it shares the same pitfalls.

I'd also be incredibly disappointed if all this "balancing troubles" is circled around flat materia like bonuses that barely mean anything let alone provide any semblance of fun/customization.

The text someone posted above very heavily hinted at it being pushed even further back into like a 4.25 patch, which honestly, they need to be careful of because they've already started SB off very suspect with regards to deadlines. Just Wreck's weekly .02.

No FFXIV for me until Monday - though I've got Distant Worlds during my much needed vacation to London. I'll let you guys know if they play any FFXIV songs!

IX and XII are my favourite soundtracks overall, so even one song from each would please me greatly. I love the music in pretty much every Final Fantasy game, though. The only one that was disappointing to me was FFXIII's soundtrack, though I put that down to the game as a whole just not feeling like a Final Fantasy title...

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    No FFXIV for me until Monday - though I've got Distant Worlds during my much needed vacation to London. I'll let you guys know if they play any FFXIV songs!

IX and XII are my favourite soundtracks overall, so even one song from each would please me greatly. I love the music in pretty much every Final Fantasy game, though. The only one that was disappointing to me was FFXIII's soundtrack, though I put that down to the game as a whole just not feeling like a Final Fantasy title...
    When I got to see Distant Worlds in Dallas, TX we were treated to both Answers and Heavensward with Susan Calloway in attendance!

Normally I'm all hunky-dory about my experiences in this game as a whole, but yes, even I have my bouts with failboats, such as the one in Skalla last night. I queued up as DRK so I could get in instantly + I do respectable damage from the tank role. Oh, and more credit toward the armored panther.

Everything seemed alright at the start. Noticed the first boss took longer than I've ever seen it take. "Hmm...*looks at ACT*...well then, Mr. 1k dps SAM". It's late and I don't care to drop the group over one person being bad.

Second set of trash mobs (the 2 Muk-looking things and the 3 Dhara golems, cause why would I not pull them together), the SAM pipes up:

"Could you knock it off with the big pulls? Makes it hard for me to focus."

Pretty sure my posture and expression IRL could best be summed up by that meme pic of the guy with his head tilted and "???" plastered next to him. I suppose it was the SAM's lucky day, because there's really no other opportunity to do bigger pulls after that, aside from the very last sets of mobs near the end (which I only pull as a pile if I have a trusted healer with me). Oh, and for the record, during that trash pull where he made that statement, he died twice.

Strange thing I noticed: This guy literally moved slower than anyone else, as if he was perma-heavied or something. Yet he had the run animation and all, so it wasn't RP walk (nor was it that slow). Couple that with bad reaction time...lol, dodge the bad? Puh-lease. Healer, adjust!

Needless to say, I had low expectations for the last boss. Surprise: They were met with flying colors, to the tune of 4 deaths and 300 dps (no, I didn't leave a digit off that last number). Overall dps for them throughout the run: Just over 800. 7 total deaths throughout the dungeon.

Much to my horror, a minion (that I was unaware of) dropped; Salt and Pepper Seal. "Oh my fuck this shitlord is gonna win this thing"...and the guy passed on it, but yours truly rolled a whopping 17, so it went to the SMN instead. I was actually relieved to see that, honestly, although the preference would've been for it to land in my inventory. I've seen more than one pony/bird go to someone who couldn't stay alive through the simplest of things and die repeatedly on the fight. I suppose that makes me a hypocrite, though, seeing that I looted my Titan pony while at the bottom of the pit...

Keeping in mind the numbers I saw, I decided to look at my previous dungeon run, which happened to be Neverreap. I was on NIN for the first time in at least a year. Overall damage right at 1k (980-990). Keep in mind that Neverreap, while level 60, has ilvl sync to 210, and I fucked up mudras at least half a dozen times (because the muscle memory I had for the job wasn't 100% accurate). I didn't die to anything, though, so I supposed that helped. Just need to play it in more group settings for practice and I'll be fine.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2017-11-02 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Forgot some details

Keeping in mind the numbers I saw, I decided to look at my previous dungeon run, which happened to be Neverreap. I was on NIN for the first time in at least a year. Overall damage right at 1k (980-990). Keep in mind that Neverreap, while level 60, has ilvl sync to 210, and I fucked up mudras at least half a dozen times (because the muscle memory I had for the job wasn't 100% accurate). I didn't die to anything, though, so I supposed that helped. Just need to play it in more group settings for practice and I'll be fine.
    Stormblood Ninja, particularly at 60 and below but even at 70 for me, is kinda dull now.

By removing a DoT and changing the combo for another, the basic rotation just seems so boring to me and the new additions for Stormblood are basically "wait til a gauge fills, then push an extra ability & resume boring rotation." Even mudra ninjutsu doesn't liven it up anymore.

Maybe I'm playing NIN entirely wrong now. I guess I should look into it, but I don't really care to... I hit 70 on it, the retainer can now level up, so I can shelve the job again. I've gone all in with SAM.

I haven't run a roulette in weeks, though, so I assure you it was not me giving you a bad time and bringing dishonor to Samurai everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible for an old player to use a recruitment code?

Logged into Mog station and don't see any options, guessing it's only for new players.

Is there any sort of code I can use for my old account?