Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Seriously. Some of these comments sound like people are trying to convince others not to like Rift, which is just weird. O_o
    This is not the case.

Some of us are fans of MMO's in general and like to keep up with developments.

Some of us initially had high hopes for Rift but after playing the Betas and experiencing the gameplay etc, those hopes have waned.

We post some concerns about our experiences on a 'discussion' thread and more often than not get flamed as a wow fanboy etc etc simply because we express a different view.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Out of the 100 members of my guild, 3 people have 2 accounts, every 1 else has 1.

Using your logic that means that 97% of accounts are individuals.

To get an accurate result, you would need to survey over 38,000 out of the 12 million subscriptions.

My original point as stated above still stands, what does it matter who pays for the subscription.

For example, I personally pay for 3 subscriptions, my own and 2 for my sons.

Does the fact I pay for them negate the money paid to blizz every 3 months for them?

Many families play wow together and hold multiple subscriptions for family members, again your logic is flawed.

On the topic of why do we say that we are disappointed or less than excited about this feature of Rift when it is not necessarily any better in Wow.

You yourself have stated Wow is an aging game, over 6 years old now.

Why is it unreasonable to hope and even expect better of a game being marketed as the next generation MMO being released in March of 2011 over a game that's been around since 2005.
    i still do not think you understand what i was saying, i am not even talking about who pays for the account or why does it matter, I simply said someone said 12 million people play WoW so it is successful, and i was pointing out that 12 million subscriptions =/= to 12 million people playing said accounts"

You are talking about the worth of your money buying the game, or the fact that you paying for the game negates an active person playing account, I understand some people pay for separate accounts for others aswell. but even that is a small fraction. At the end of the day i still stand by my Statement that not as many people actually play WoW as there is Accounts on WoW.

and i am not saying its unreasonable to hope/expect better of Rift, i Actually Play Rift in Beta, and already find it much funner then i have found WoW in the last few years, and no this isn't me bashing WoW, i used to love WoW when i started back in vanilla, after playing it for quite some years, coming to cata i have just grown extremely bored of it. Whereas Rift is something new and exciting and i hope it succeeds, as it really is an MMO and without a community it will become very hard to play. Quite honestly i prefered Warhammer Online over WoW at anytime, though since the community declined i stopped playing as it restricted alot of what i could do in that game since it was based largely on grouping, whereas WoW, i could play for a month straight without ever grouping with people on my server and still accomplish things. Chances are if rift begins to become boring i'll just go on a MMO hiatus again until SW:tor is released, and so on so forth.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2011-02-20 at 03:02 AM.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

I dont play Rifts beta but all I can say is if people are enjoying it whats the big deal? Only time I find people pathetic is when they slam WOW and their players for sticking with it. Ever thought not everyone likes the same thing. As long as people paying to play are enjoying what they are paying for then its all gravy.

Me personally Rifts dont really appeal but that dont make me a fan-boi of wow. That makes me a human being. Dunno if its me but 147 pages of just Rifts awesome WOW sucks or WOW rules and Rift is shite is kinda getting boring now. Yes we get it. People have different views, oh gosh the sky is falling!

This is not the case.

Some of us initially had high hopes for Rift but after playing the Betas and experiencing the gameplay etc, those hopes have waned.

We post some concerns about our experiences on a 'discussion' thread and more often than not get flamed as a wow fanboy etc etc simply because we express a different view.
    I've read all of your points, and TBH I can see where you are coming from but there is fault in making assumptions about the future.. Yes, the 10 man raids might not be perfect, but name me a game where end game content was perfect when the game was released? WoW didn't even have 10 man raiding. I'm aware that this isn't 2004 anymore but the fact remains, MMO development is a work in progress, if they find that the outdoor rifts do not work then they will try something else, they have expressed plenty of interest in making 10 man raids work.

As for you being bored and unable to log in... Frankly just knowing that your characters are getting wiped come Monday is enough to not want to play, I feel the same way and I find that if I play the beta too much, I'll get burned out before I even start... It has happened to me in WoTLK as well as CATA beta.

This thread is for discussing Rift, not comparing it to WoW, and it's starting to turn into a flamefest.

Be polite. And nice.

Here are a cople more pics from Beta:

Another gorgeous Vista

And anyone seen the Mad Hatter?

Quote Originally Posted by bleakeh View Post
    I've read all of your points, and TBH I can see where you are coming from but there is fault in making assumptions about the future.. Yes, the 10 man raids might not be perfect, but name me a game where end game content was perfect when the game was released? WoW didn't even have 10 man raiding. I'm aware that this isn't 2004 anymore but the fact remains, MMO development is a work in progress, if they find that the outdoor rifts do not work then they will try something else, they have expressed plenty of interest in making 10 man raids work.

As for you being bored and unable to log in... Frankly just knowing that your characters are getting wiped come Monday is enough to not want to play, I feel the same way and I find that if I play the beta too much, I'll get burned out before I even start... It has happened to me in WoTLK as well as CATA beta.
    The problem though is as he said initially, this game is being marketed as a next gen MMO. And while yes some things aren't going to be perfect, from what I've seen there's not really anything so 'next-gen' about it in my opinion. There's simply too much 'copying' for it to be truly labeled that.

We really don't know the details about the 10 man Rift raids.. all we know is the video said that people outside the raid could "help" and they did not share in the raid loot but got regular rift loot as if it were a normal Rift. We don't know how or if it adjusts the encounter accordingly... what, if any, precautions are in place to prevent exploiting it or griefing.

We don;t know how much "farming" is required to gather the mats to create the Planar Lure to open a Raid Rift... though it was mentioned several areas that provided them...

We don't know if "helping" to kill a boss "saves' you even if you were not in raid group.

I highly doubt they haven't discussed this at length and have already addressed these issues in one way or another.

As for the Greenscale encounter... We didn;t see anything except a couple phases.. and not very much of those... there is no way of knowing what the encounter is actually like until we level and get to it ourselves.

This game looks all too familiar to WoW every time I look at it. I think I leave it to Blizzard and their Titan project to do a new MMO I play.

Deleted
    Amg, jus't realized it's only 4 more days for the headstart ! Nice "Vista" background pic btw

Newsflash : Every mmo is a copy of mmo's but the first one of the mmo's.

I saw a flower yesterday that looked almost exactly like wow's flower, not as pixeled tho. Bad game is bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds and looks like a Aion/Warhammer Online cross. I enjoyed Aion and WH but they both were missing something. Maybe Rift will have it.

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    Many sheep?? WTF are you talking about? Look at your sig. Look at how many chars you have. Are you f*cking mentally ill?? You're either a bad liar or a goddamn moron to play something you call "bad" to the point of having 8+ chars lvl 80+.
    WoW is hard amirite? I had 3 85s 1 week after cata launch. I had the first one within 24 hours. It is NOT HARD to lvl are you serious?

How long do you think it will take to get to level 50? The game technically is in beta, but is being released in 4 days, so it's as good as live in it's current state.

I would think that if the rifts that players open get harder with more people then griefing would be too easy, by just being around the area, you will make more enemies spawn/more HP/hit harder or however the mechanics work. You could have 1 person open a rift, and the other raid of 10 people kill it for them so that only person gets "saved" if you will, allowing much more farming of loot for groups. There's actually a million ways to grief/exploit the 10 mans, but only time will tell. I'm sure they put some sort of precaution in, but then again they might have been too busy working on the actual gameplay to worry about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    The problem though is as he said initially, this game is being marketed as a next gen MMO. And while yes some things aren't going to be perfect, from what I've seen there's not really anything so 'next-gen' about it in my opinion. There's simply too much 'copying' for it to be truly labeled that.
    I found this rather humorous.
    If a new MMO released and it was completely off the wall.. with all new concepts and nothing used from other games.. it would get flamed because it wasnt what people are used to. People in general are creatures of habit. They tend to like things familiar to them.

Wall Street Journal published an article about how to become a millionaire..The fastest and easiest way to do so..

Take an existing Idea and Make it better.

Rift isnt gonna be for everyone, butjudging a Game when its in beta is idiotic.
    No one can say for certain what the end game content is going to be like. The rest of the content thats been available in Beta has been Solid.
    Ive been in 5 dungeons and I can honestly say they are great, and im looking forward to seeing what else Trion has in store at release.

With the CCO of Trion being the developer of the EQ1 AA system and understanding how important end game content is, I honestly believe Rift will meet or exceed all expectations for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ3ster View Post
    This game looks all too familiar to WoW every time I look at it. I think I leave it to Blizzard and their Titan project to do a new MMO I play.
    And WoW looks like Everquest, point?

Apparently you`re too ignorant to realize just how many bright, creative and original ideas Blizzard stole from other MMOs, very few things are unique to WoW, except people think they are.

How long do you think it will take to get to level 50? The game technically is in beta, but is being released in 4 days, so it's as good as live in it's current state.
    It took me about almost a day to get to 20, so the average person assuming xp doesn`t get rougher? a week?

I`m quitting WoW, not because Rift is a better game, but because it hurts me to even log onto WoW anymore. After playing for 4 years I need something fresh. Aion, AoC, Warhammer, they didn`t have a good, fresh feeling. Rift to me, does I think a lot of people feel the same.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5775753...7625966425271/

Some pics while I was playing. And some of the dungeon gear.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    And WoW looks like Everquest, point?

Apparently you`re too ignorant to realize just how many bright, creative and original ideas Blizzard stole from other MMOs, very few things are unique to WoW, except people think they are.

It took me about almost a day to get to 20, so the average person assuming xp doesn`t get rougher? a week?

I`m quitting WoW, not because Rift is a better game, but because it hurts me to even log onto WoW anymore. After playing for 4 years I need something fresh. Aion, AoC, Warhammer, they didn`t have a good, fresh feeling. Rift to me, does I think a lot of people feel the same.
    Word. Amg I'm drunk. Not that THAT has anything to do with my opinion xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillerbill View Post
    Word. Amg I'm drunk. Not that THAT has anything to do with my opinion xD.
    I'm drunk too. Rift is the most FUN I've had in a game in about 2 years. PS lol @ a mod "infracting" me for trolling when making an observation. What a joke.

Rift still got one major problems imo.

Horrible optimized engine for graphics cards, AMD especially. Getting 25 FPS on a Radeon 6950 is not acceptable by any means for this low spec game. When my rig can run way more demanding games at higher frames, something is clearly wrong. So far, Trion does not even seem to care. Seeing a 3 year old Nvidia card or whatever, running Rift on higher FPS than my 6950 is just sad. Until they fix this major problem, this game is not even worth playing for people with high-end Radeon systems.

This is not the case.

Here's the usual progression:

Anti-Rift poster: Rift sucks because [enter list here].
    Pro-Rift poster: Sorry you feel that way, thanks for the input/same arguments could be made against WoW. Rift probably isn't for you but we still enjoy it.
    Anti-Rift poster: How can you like it? It has [enter everything under the sun] wrong with it.
    Pro-Rift poster: Okay, here are the reasons we like it: [enter list here].
    Anti-Rift poster: [proceeds to quote list and counter every point made] Explain yourselves!
    Pro-Rift poster: We just did.
    Anit-Rift poster: Did I mention that is has [everything under the sun] wrong with it?
    Pro-Rift poster: Yes, yes you did, duly noted, but we still like it/are going to buy it.
    Anti-Rift poster: It's just going to fail anyway and then you'll all come back to WoW.

As I said, a lot of these posts sound like they're really trying to push others into not liking the game and when all else fails we're just thrown the "it'll fail/you'll be back" line. I'm all for discussion as long as the person isn't constantly trying to tell me I'm wrong for enjoying something they do not.