Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Protection Warrior Trinkets

Hi,

Just wondering what kind of trinkets fellow protection warriors are using?

I've seen quite the split with some opting for those with stamina, others going for avoidance or armor, others going for cool on-used etc, and others going with one stam one avoidance etc.

What are you using?

15+ Year Old Account
    I use everything I have, but currently I'm most likely using mirror (tb exalted) + the magmaw one. porcellain crab in my bags, If I switch, I switch the magmaw thing out. chimaeron and maloriak add duty being a good example for this.

Caster bosses -> go for max stam
    Melee bosses -> go for max mitigation/avoid

Deleted
    It depends greatly on the fight tbh. My standard combo is the Mirror of Broken Images + Porcelain Crab. From the two, I tend to switch Porcelain Crab and replace in my stamina trinket, Vial of Stolen Memories. I'm thinking of also spending 3-4k on the Darkmoon Card: Earthquake, for Chimaeron, particularly the HM version.

Pretty much what reflection said, I use stamina for caster bosses the Ascendant Council. For bosses like Halfus, who melee who deal primarily in melee damage, I go with my Crab trinket, although it might depend on the exact drake and role combination I am dealing with.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I personally use Symbiotic Worm and Mirror of Broken Images, like most people say it really depends on what kind of boss you fight, a boss that uses magic go for stam, a boss that is all physical go for avoidence.

Deleted
    I use Leaden Dispair together with Porcelain Crap (Reforged into mastery), as I haven't actually started raiding as tank yet, and those are some of the best you can get your hands unto pre-raid : D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belkram View Post
    I use Leaden Dispair together with Porcelain Crap (Reforged into mastery), as I haven't actually started raiding as tank yet, and those are some of the best you can get your hands unto pre-raid : D
    You can also get the TB trinket before you start raiding

I initially thought that the Broken Images trinket would be too situational so I didn't bother farming it, but when I finally got it I was so surprised at how helpful it is. You don't realize how great having a one-minute cooldown is until you try it I guess... and there are a LOT of bosses with fire breath and elemental damage so I always have it equipped. Other than that, I alternate between the good ol' Porcelain Crab and Leaden Despair for stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    I personally use Symbiotic Worm and Mirror of Broken Images, like most people say it really depends on what kind of boss you fight, a boss that uses magic go for stam, a boss that is all physical go for avoidence.
    This.

Also OMG :
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/69109/scales-of-life/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/69138/g...e-greatfather/
    WTB !!!
    And this one, http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/69184/stay-of-execution/ kinda fun. I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    the new 4.1 trinkets are kinda crap. for pure unhittable, the crab from throne will still be better than the scales of life, the stay of execution thing is kinda crap. a) 30k dmg is really not that much, but after absorbing damage, taking 24k additional damage over 12 seconds is not nice.
    oh and 8k absorb after dropping to 35% ain't very much either. yes, it is 433 mastery / dodge, but meh.

If this is all, I'd rather stay with crab and the magmaw trinket until T13 and hope that there's something better.

The new Stay and Gift look a lot more like what I'm after than the current epic trinkets which offer stam. I'm more interested in the permanant stats than some proc. On that note we can also steal the agi or the str trinket with mastery heaped on it if you're interested on extra dodge/parry on demand, rather than the absorbs. But I think on balance the absorbs are better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might be a bit stuck in the old LK mindset, but to me, a good all-purpose setup is one stamina and one avoidance trinket. However, I don't have the worm from Magmaw or Heroic Leaden Despair, so I'm going with the Mirror from Tol Barad and the Finger from Throngus.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I might be a bit stuck in the old LK mindset, but to me, a good all-purpose setup is one stamina and one avoidance trinket. However, I don't have the worm from Magmaw or Heroic Leaden Despair, so I'm going with the Mirror from Tol Barad and the Finger from Throngus.
    Always carry a bag full of trinkets. Work out what the fight needs and go for that whole heartedly. In Wrath it was <3 Stam+Armour. Today it's <3 mitigation/avoidance and kill for resistance. I'm equipping the Worm atm because when it proc's it gives me a huge chunk of mastery when I need it most. However I'm still hunting the crab and finger, because they'll rule completely on fights like Heroic Halfus (his healing debuff) and Chimereon where complete avoids are gold dust.

The only fights where I wish I had a second stam trinket was when undergeared doing Air boss on Ascended Council and doing Chimereon when undergeared, both of which were able to take out 80-90% my health.

I've never understood the mind set for going with one of each, and the similar mind set for gemming in two different directions. You need a clear plan of what you need and go for it wholeheartedly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    xebtria, you buzzkill.
    sry. but ain't it the truth?

I'm shooting to get both the Stamina trinkets. What I've been trying to do is create a nice balance between avoidance and health. With my current gear, I am still soft capped with JC Stam gems and my two avoidance trinkets unequipped, so the extra health would be really nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the alchemy trinket, why nobody else likes it?
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    I like the alchemy trinket, why nobody else likes it?
    Not every tank is an alchemist -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Not every tank is an alchemist -_-
    Normally, when people are listing whats good and whats not, they also put notes like "if you are a JC, use the +100 stamina gems instead", etc.

But i forgot most tanks are JC+BS for the overpowered gems.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

I actually generally use both of the Tol Brad trinkets, 650'ish master and good on uses. str = parry (almost 2%) or threat on the pull, both of which come in handy.

I would like one or both of the stam trinkets, but we aren't to heroic's yet, so stam hasn't really been a concern.