Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Warrior damage out of control

Saw this posting on the front page. Anyone else experiencing this?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1820953038
    "Last thread I made about this got like 45 pages or something, was so successful that I decided to make another with updated screenshots

This time, I took an SS in the most optimal circumstances to avoid whiners:

- Taken inside Arena vs a 2k~ MMR team
    - Shown character pane to reflect on gear and resilience at the time
    - Notice dispersion is on CD, used previously defensively.
    - As opposed to the previous SS's, this damage was done by an ARMS warrior, so no, it's not a 5min cooldown frenzy, stop using that as an excuse

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ypdh6o.jpg

Will keep posting screenshots like those on this thread, you want to help ? post your experiences with warriors too, make sure you do it the way I did it in order to avoid silly accusations by whiners.

Maybe this time a blue will respond *hope*"

you know this isn't the official forums right? there are no blues responding here, not blizz blues at least. I do agree tho, warriors are out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Araun View Post
    you know this isn't the official forums right? there are no blues responding here, not blizz blues at least. I do agree tho, warriors are out of control.
    Yes I already knew that. I quoted the OP from Blizzards forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet if you had scrolled up a bit on the chat box on those screen shots we would see a Colossus Smash before he unloaded on you.

Bypasses resil and lasts for 6 seconds. The log on your screen shows you taking 147509 dmg (counting overkill from execute) and all within 4 seconds after the debuff of CS, and all the major hitting abilities are on global. (You of course got hit with the arms oportunity proc/white swings etc).

This is actually not hard to do with a full rage bar and having the target debuffed. (The dmg that is if the target is static). My question is what were you doing for the 4 seconds he was in your face? You can fear, shield, etc but none of these I see on your log.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

1st. Cloth
    2nd. He was already down by 20k or more (ie: we're missing some log)
    3rd. All abilities where instant
    4th. SP did nothing to save himself during that time (and he's not stunned)
    5th. God knows what debuff was on him, for sure the Lock had at least a haunt

Usual QQ from someone that failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    Saw this posting on the front page. Anyone else experiencing this?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1820953038
    "Last thread I made about this got like 45 pages or something, was so successful that I decided to make another with updated screenshots

This time, I took an SS in the most optimal circumstances to avoid whiners:

- Taken inside Arena vs a 2k~ MMR team
    - Shown character pane to reflect on gear and resilience at the time
    - Notice dispersion is on CD, used previously defensively.
    - As opposed to the previous SS's, this damage was done by an ARMS warrior, so no, it's not a 5min cooldown frenzy, stop using that as an excuse

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ypdh6o.jpg

Will keep posting screenshots like those on this thread, you want to help ? post your experiences with warriors too, make sure you do it the way I did it in order to avoid silly accusations by whiners.

Maybe this time a blue will respond *hope*"

This did not happen to me. It is a post from someone else.

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    1st. Cloth
    2nd. He was already down by 20k or more (ie: we're missing some log)
    3rd. All abilities where instant
    4th. SP did nothing to save himself during that time (and he's not stunned)
    5th. God knows what debuff was on him, for sure the Lock had at least a haunt

Usual QQ from someone that failed.
    I don't know if you can use armor type as an excuse with such high resil. Isn't resil considered damage mitigation?
    Is there any warrior abilities that are not instant?

Can you win if you are getting owned in a few hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    The log on your screen shows you taking 147509 dmg (counting overkill from execute) and all within 4 seconds after the debuff of CS, and all the major hitting abilities are on global.
    This is actually not hard to do with a full rage bar and having the target debuffed. (The dmg that is if the target is static). My question is what were you doing for the 4 seconds he was in your face? You can fear, shield, etc but none of these I see on your log.
    Does it matter what he's doing? The hole point if the thread is to show how much a warr can pull off in (as you self pointed out) 4 seconds.
    Find a sick geared dk/ret/feral. duel(let them pop everything!!). start stopwatch. end stopwatch@4 seconds. compare and I doubt you'll see 147509 dmg done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omniscience View Post
    Does it matter what he's doing? The hole point if the thread is to show how much a warr can pull off in (as you self pointed out) 4 seconds.
    Find a sick geared dk/ret/feral. duel(let them pop everything!!). start stopwatch. end stopwatch@4 seconds. compare and I doubt you'll see 147509 dmg done
    Those classes require setup to do that much damage. So do warriors.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

its their fault not able to burn that war in recklessness....!!!!

It does certainly matter what he is doing. Doing nothing defensive with a warrior in your face => dead player. Moving, using defensive cooldowns, aka not just rolling over => living longer / surviving.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    Those classes require setup to do that much damage. So do warriors.
    This is correct, but has nothing to do with the actual dmg done. The point is, when a warrior pops everything and smash some1 he is able to do 147k dmg, which is absurdly high.
    If say, a dk pops everything and smashes some1, is he able to achieve the same amount of dmg done in the same amount of time as the warrior?

I doubt it, but I have no warrior hence I cant examine it.

this is the reason why colossal smash is getting nerfed in 4.1

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    It does certainly matter what he is doing. Doing nothing defensive with a warrior in your face => dead player. Moving, using defensive cooldowns, aka not just rolling over => living longer / surviving.
    I agree, but we're talking about the dmg done by a warrior. Not what OP's doing/not doing, popping cds, running w/e. It's a dmg comparasion not a l2p topic

I agree, but we're talking about the dmg done by a warrior. Not what OP's doing/not doing, popping cds, running w/e. It's a dmg comparasion not a l2p topic
    How can you analyze something thats going on without considering all aspects of it?

Dmg comparasion can't be done whithout mencion the time that a class can be sit on you. Yeah, warriors are making insane dmg, but are getting kited like blind turttles too.

The disappointing thing about how this thread played out on the official forums imo is that 16 pages of responses built up, and instead of an actual response from somebody with some kind of insight into development, some paper-pusher CM just locks the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by alanium View Post
    How can you analyze something thats going on without considering all aspects of it?
    What's wrong with it? If I want to get to the core of the problem I have to nullify some aspects cause my results will get different if I dont.
    If I want to know how high warriors dmg are, I should examine the dmg and not the specific coincidence, and that's essentially what this topic is about.

The countermovements and partner aspects of this issue is a hole different story

couple things I'm noticing about this pic.

1. All his main abilities crit, Overpower, MS, slam, HS. So the warrior had Recklessness popped, which is a 5 min cd, and didn't get CC'ed at all. That just screams that the team that posted this pic is BAD.

2. Heroic strike crit hitting harder than a Slam crit???? How many patches ago was this pic from? Slam does more now and Herioc strike does much less, and that is significant because slam is a .5 second cast and heroic strike is a instant strike that is not on the GCD.

As for the person saying no other class does comparable damage, a ret with full cds popped (GotAK, AV, Zeal) will do much more if not CC'ed and have about 10 more seconds of uptime to do it in.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    The disappointing thing about how this thread played out on the official forums imo is that 16 pages of responses built up, and instead of an actual response from somebody with some kind of insight into development, some paper-pusher CM just locks the thing.
    Totally agree, I was actually trying to read through the pages, got bored of of 14+ pages of flaming one buy with a lock avatar, so I clicked to last page to see that I couldn't response anyway >.<

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adhal-Blackrock View Post
    As for the person saying no other class does comparable damage, a ret with full cds popped (GotAK, AV, Zeal) will do much more if not CC'ed and have about 10 more seconds of uptime to do it in.
    This is what i've wanted. Can you post a screen shot of you doing so or smth? So we actually have something to compare with. But you have still lost if you have to have 10 seconds to pull it off, cause the OP's warriors is doing it in 4. Could be awesome to see a ret doing the same in 4 secs... or a dk, or a feral!

All you guys know that if there is a fire in the ground in any boss encounter you don't stand in them. if you stay in them you die by the insane dmg.
    Now Thx to Blizzard Warrior's are like that if you see a big Red (On Fire (Deathwish) ) Warriror with/or red balls arround them (Recklessness) you don't stand near them if you stay near the Big Red lava Warrior you will die due to insane dmg.

General Idea Move out of fire/ move away from the Damn Warrior or you will die in 3-4 sec...
    Erafur; Irreplaceble Tank - Great DPS but No Luck (Warrior)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Ermagus; Arcane Master - But Prefers Being a Fridge(Mage)
    ----------------------------------------------------------