Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The awkward moment where you wait.

Hello guys.

I come from playing a hunter, and in rotations, there's never a moment where you do "nothing". There's always a button to spam, always something to get your ressources back, etc. As for the Death Knight...

I've been leveling (now 72) and I noticed that once in a while there's this gay little moment when all your runes are depleted and you can do nothing but wait and auto attack until they come back. Sometimes it lasts 2-3 seconds and it's very, very annoying, since you can do little to nothing, and for instance, in a bg situation, just look at your partners dying since you can't output any dmg besides the auto-attack.

This has probably been brought up many times, but am I missing something?

No it happens. Can't do anything besides praying that runic corruption procs, hope that your blood tap is not on cooldown and the resulting 10 runic power will be enough for a deathcoil that procs runic corruption. Basically the same goes for frost. Pray for procs in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    I noticed that once in a while there's this gay little moment
    Gay? Really?

I mean I feel awesome when I dps like a champ, then...oh fuck.

Nothing.

Splat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Gay? Really?
    I agree that his wording was a little... offensive : /

Also, welcome to Mute Rogues. We OOE after every mutilate for a good 2 seconds unless we get a lucky Venemous Wounds proc.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    It happens yes. The higher you get the less it happens though.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

How is gay offensive? You know that gay has more meanings than just homosexual right. You should chill out and go smoke a fag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also edit: it's quite common in the UK now for people to use "gay" as a description of something bad. When it doesn't mean that. Ask yourself how harsh are you being when you say the word retard though?
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    How is gay offensive? You know that gay has more meanings than just homosexual right. You should chill out and go smoke a fag.
    haha that is pure win good sir.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    Also edit: it's quite common in the UK now for people to use "gay" as a description of something bad. When it doesn't mean that. Ask yourself how harsh are you being when you say the word retard though?
    Kinda true - i live in the UK and gay is sort of everyday vocabulary, i used it in a job interview and still got the job my interviewer even laughed a little

Deleted
    I'm playing as blood and there is always a button to hit. Same goes for my frost spec.

And Unholy? Just keep spamming Scourge Strike :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It is much better than being rage starved on a warrior or going oom on a caster. That is one of the more appealing aspects of DKs imo.
    I like sandwiches

The term gay (Slang for something bad) was coined because of the fact that gays weren't accepted. I'm gay. I'm open about it. I take offense to the "gay little moment" statement. Calling someone a fag? Means sticks. Evolved into homosexual. Evolved into something bad. It's offensive. N**? Evolved from negro, meaning black, as if you didn't know that. They're both offensive. ....so plz stop :c kthnx<3

Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    It happens yes. The higher you get the less it happens though.
    not so true, if your not getting good procs you have plenty of downtime as 2h frost and im running like 17% haste in my gear

7/7 Firelands 6/7HM Firelands
    13/13 T11
    ​Glory of The Cataclysm Raider

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantastic View Post
    The term gay (Slang for something bad) was coined because of the fact that gays weren't accepted. I'm gay. I'm open about it. I take offense to the "gay little moment" statement. Calling someone a fag? Means sticks. Evolved into homosexual. Evolved into something bad. It's offensive. N**? Evolved from negro, meaning black, as if you didn't know that. They're both offensive. ....so plz stop :c kthnx<3
    Welcome to the English language, where people will use words that have one meaning to you but another to someone else.

And as was previously pointed out "gay" is a commonly used word in the UK. It wouldn't surprise me if the OP lived there. However, if not, then it would be offensive.

If you can take a dick you can take a joke.

If you think it's bad for DKs try Ret paladin.
    Basicly retpaladin and DKs have to wait for their "rotation" to come of CD to do more dps, while everyone know that fire mage is very RNG dependant atleast they got spels without cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Welcome to the English language, where people will use words that have one meaning to you but another to someone else.

And as was previously pointed out "gay" is a commonly used word in the UK. It wouldn't surprise me if the OP lived there. However, if not, then it would be offensive.
    People see what they want to see. If you want to see malicious intent it is very easy to find.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Dantastic View Post
    Just to point something out, but the original meaning of "gay" didn't mean homosexual, neither did queer or fag. Plenty of people still use those words for the other meanings. I also have homosexual friends that use "gay" to mean "something bad" or "something unusual" or "something they don't like". So to be blunt, it's only offensive to some people. Please feel free to not read and/or ignore the people that use those words "kthnxbye". Personally I don't think it's an appropriate term to be used on a public forum, but others do.

By the way, I find it offensive when someone can't spell out an entire word like "thanks", so please stop. Ok? Thanks

Wow, you Europeans would fit right in at the Anti-Gay rallies in the Bible Belt. And Honzi, you aren't someone who's really qualified to be reffing "wins."

OT: The game isn't all about lolspam. Some classes just have a little bit of breathing time in between their rotations. As has been stated, Muta rogues have lots of these moments, and DKs have them sometimes also (none that I can remember recently though).
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!