Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Now try Bokurano done by the same guy. Also it was based on a manga that i'm not sure was finished when it was made so that would explain alot of your complaints. Oh and i have yet to see it myself but i have seen bokurano so i know how good that guys stuff is..
    I Plan on it (: Need to fit it inbetween Half of Wolf's Rain and the 3/4's of Higurashi that i still have left xD

And Yes if the manga was not finished by the end of this series that definately explains it...and wait what o_O THERES A MANGA O_O!!! I must read it >_<! If i can find it =O! I like to watch the anime's first (if possible, alot of times i get lured into the manga b4 i watch the anime series because i regularly shop for manga becasue it's readily available at local book stores and i like my collection <3~ Anime is a bit too expensive for me @_@ and the selection around where i live is lack luster) because for some reason, especially if there based off a manga~ the Manga tends to be better in my opinion in many cases~ Not always of course, but it's hard to come up with a better ending than the actual creator if you want to finish up your anime series that's based off the manga early/abruptly ^_^~ Makes me wonder why some anime series didn't just wait so they could have been better~ But they probably had to follow a set time schedule to make the series happen~~
    Last edited by lonedrifter; 2011-04-09 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Negrido View Post
    It's yuri right? This is the only reason I've got any interest in it.
    No, it's just your typical slice of school life. The humor is basically the same as K-On (even the same expressions lol) rather than the wacky kind ala Nichijou.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonedrifter View Post
    I Plan on it (: Need to fit it inbetween Half of Wolf's Rain and the 3/4's of Higurashi that i still have left xD

And Yes if the manga was not finished by the end of this series that definately explains it...and wait what o_O THERES A MANGA O_O!!! I must read it >_<! If i can find it =O! I like to watch the anime's first (if possible, alot of times i get lured into the manga b4 i watch the anime series because i regularly shop for manga becasue it's readily available at local book stores and i like my collection <3~ Anime is a bit too expensive for me @_@ and the selection around where i live is lack luster) because for some reason, especially if there based off a manga~ the Manga tends to be better in my opinion in many cases~ Not always of course, but it's hard to come up with a better ending than the actual creator if you want to finish up your anime series that's based off the manga early/abruptly ^_^~ Makes me wonder why some anime series didn't just wait so they could have been better~ But they probably had to follow a set time schedule to make the series happen~~
    Well a few things

1. Finding the manga uncensored is nigh impossible and since dark horse even dropped it well you can guess how bad it gets. But yeah some people have tried to make an uncensored variant by taking japanese copies of it and splicing in the translation however after vol 8 welcome to uncensor town.

2. If you live in the states try rightstuf.com. Great store cheap prices and reglar sales as well as very nice shipping. I live in alaska and for the priority mail which is 5 bucks i get it easily withing 4 days of shipping.

Did anyone else like the first episode of Steins;Gate? I'm a sucker for sci-fi/mystery stuff personally and I thought the sense of foreboding that was developed in tandem with the bgm was awesome. It certainly made up for the first 10 mins of episode one being allover the place.

hey guys,

does anyone know how this song is called?
    it starts at 12:10 in this episode of prince of tennis:
    http://www.animecrazy.net/prince-of-...sode-96/228784

i already checked youtube but didnt really find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently reside in Japan, lived most of my life in Georgia, USA
    So i finished Shadow Star Narutaru yesterday... Let me tell you it was one hell of a ride O_O~ I'll try my best to go over the gist of how i felt about it w/o really giving away spoilers or much details about the characters/story itself.
    Honestly, don't waste your time with the anime. It's not worth it. Read the manga, and be sure to find an unedited version. If you thought the anime was messed up, you have no idea... Same goes for Bokurano. The anime was ok, the manga kicks it's ass. It's like watching Claymore and not reading the manga. You are cheating yourself if you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Honestly, don't waste your time with the anime. It's not worth it. Read the manga, and be sure to find an unedited version. If you thought the anime was messed up, you have no idea... Same goes for Bokurano. The anime was ok, the manga kicks it's ass. It's like watching Claymore and not reading the manga. You are cheating yourself if you don't.
    Yeah the real problem IS finding it unedited. pretty much every version has SOME relation to he darkhorse version even if it's just that they tried to recreate the original by mixing Darkhorses and japans. Just can't really be found. Though Bokurano is easy Narutaru is nigh impossible. What's funny though is it looks like Viz is really not censoring Bokurano not heavily a least and yet Darkhorse dropped Narutaru WTH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Star Narutaru
    sounds pretty interesting, i like seeing anime with psychological stuff and a close look at the characters.
    but since the only anime i've been watching for a while were funny ones for an episode every now and then, i don't think i''ll watch it anytime soon^^

same goes for Bokurano, about which i've heard quite a lot positive stuff too.

You raise a good point xD I may feel different if i can find the manga that is! Manga versions do often surpass the anime, but if you feel it surpasses it by that much that encourages me to try and find it even more xD

10+ Year Old Account
    You raise a good point xD I may feel different if i can find the manga that is! Manga versions do often surpass the anime, but if you feel it surpasses it by that much that encourages me to try and find it even more xD
    However as i also said finding narutaru unedited is incredibly hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently reside in Japan, lived most of my life in Georgia, USA
    I'll try to find the link I used to get it
    btw, it's some of the most disturbing stuff i've ever seen. it's hard to look at.

Deleted
    I've seen some of the common fighting shounen; Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail, FMP, HxH, Berserk. Not sure how to classify Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Hajime no Ippo. I've also seen and enjoyed anime like Spice & Wolf, Durarara!!, B Gata H Kei, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop etc.

Recommend me an anime, it could be completely different from what I've already seen!

edit: Sy, looking over your list, I believe you'd enjoy Pushing Daisies (trailer). It's not an anime, just got the feeling. :P
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2011-04-09 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    I've seen some of the common fighting shounen; Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail, FMP, HxH, Berserk.
    Berserk isn't actually a shounen, although there sure is a lot of fighting.
    i wouldn't really call FMP a shounen either, it makes fun of some of the more typical ones on a few occasions. and the 2nd season is nearly pure commedy, with a small touch of both action and romance.
    Recommend me an anime, it could be completely different from what I've already seen!
    Claymore, if you liked Berserk!
    great story, some nice twists, cool characters and world, great (and pretty brutal) fighting.

others:
    Kanon 2006 or Toradora!, if you'd like to try to really good romance/drama anime. both also have a lot of good humor and a more mature atmosphere (imo) than many others.
    Angel Beats! for highschool action/drama/comedy in a very uncommon setting (i need to put that one on my list..).
    Samurai Champloo (or maybe Baccano!) for 'good' comedy with some action.
    edit: Sy, looking over your list, I believe you'd enjoy Pushing Daisies (trailer). It's not an anime, just got the feeling. :P
    looks.. strange^^
    but i may take a look at it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    Berserk isn't actually a shounen, although there sure is a lot of fighting.
    i wouldn't really call FMP a shounen either, it makes fun of some of the more typical ones on a few occasions. and the 2nd season is nearly pure commedy, with a small touch of both action and romance.
    Ah, well. I suck at classifying stuff anyway, I just consume.

Claymore, if you liked Berserk!
    great story, some nice twists, cool characters and world, great (and pretty brutal) fighting.
    If there's fighting, I want it to be... How should I put it... "Awesome"? As in really thrilling. I loved Hajime no Ippo cuz it makes me want to get into the boxing ring too, haha.

others:
    Kanon 2006 or Toradora!, if you'd like to try to really good romance/drama anime. both also have a lot of good humor and a more mature atmosphere (imo) than many others.
    Angel Beats! for highschool action/drama/comedy in a very uncommon setting (i need to put that one on my list..).
    Samurai Champloo (or maybe Baccano!) for 'good' comedy with some action.
    I do recognize most of those names. I don't think I'd enjoy a pure romance anime. I really liked B Gata H Kei for the perverted humour and how it wasn't too serious. I'll look into them all.

Samurai Champloo, what's it like? I remember watching the first one or two eps years ago but I didn't like it back then. Perhaps because it wasn't what I was expecting or something, idk.

looks.. strange^^
    but i may take a look at it
    You really should! It's... Just a beautiful story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, well. I suck at classifying stuff anyway, I just consume.
    not that it really matters^^
    in general, shounen are mostly for young, male teenagers (~11-15), at least originally.
    If there's fighting, I want it to be... How should I put it... "Awesome"? As in really thrilling.
    it's obviously subjective what's awesome and what isn't, but Claymore is certainly very similar to Berserk, including the fighting (not only it's "awesomeness" but also the style.. huge swords, gory, sometimes against humans, sometimes against weird half-god like creatures) and it's dark, at times hopeless, atmosphere.
    I don't think I'd enjoy a pure romance anime.
    just thought i'd mention them, since they are usually the ones i personally enjoy the most

but if you can appreciate at least some emotional stuff together with great humor and some action, Angel Beats! may fit your likings pretty well.
    Samurai Champloo, what's it like? I remember watching the first one or two eps years ago but I didn't like it back then. Perhaps because it wasn't what I was expecting or something, idk.
    it takes place in feudal japan, but has a lot of today's rap culture mixed into it (not limited to but including soundtracks). i don't like rap too much, so it was kind of annoying for me at times, but i still have to say the mix of those cultures is very well done (especially given their big differences) and made for some hilarious scenes.
    the story is about two samurai, who have pretty much the complete opposite personality from each other, and a young women who travel through japan in quest of the "samurai who smells like sunflowers".
    You really should! It's... Just a beautiful story.
    and there you are, telling me that you probably wouldn't enjoy romance anime xD
    Last edited by Sy; 2011-04-09 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    and there you are, telling me that you probably wouldn't enjoy romance anime xD
    I know! x)

I can't say I wouldn't enjoy romance anime, it's just. How should I put it. I would want more than just the boy meets girl-story, but on the other hand I don't even know if any romance anime is strictly like that. Pushing Daisies has the crime, the mystery, the peculiar cases etc. Best part is the beautiful manuscript, pretty much any scene has quotable lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy
    it takes place in feudal japan, but has a lot of today's rap culture mixed into it (not limited to but including soundtracks). i don't like rap too much, so it was kind of annoying for me at times, but i still have to say the mix of those cultures is very well done (especially given their big differences) and made for some hilarious scenes.
    the story is about two samurai, who have pretty much the complete opposite personality from each other, and a young women who travel through japan in quest of the "samurai who smells like sunflowers".
    Hm, it does sound like something I could enjoy. As long as there's a running story, otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep my interest up. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sy
    but if you can appreciate at least some emotional stuff together with great humor and some action, Angel Beats! may fit your likings pretty well.
    Yeah that's the one I took the most interest in after a short overview of your suggestions. I'm downloading it atm, but I'll spend the night watching "Soul Eater" as a friend of mine suggested (or more like, "watch it now or we're no longer friends").

10+ Year Old Account
    I would want more than just the boy meets girl-story, but on the other hand I don't even know if any romance anime is strictly like that. Pushing Daisies has the crime, the mystery, the peculiar cases etc. Best part is the beautiful manuscript, pretty much any scene has quotable lines.
    i can guarantee you, Kanon 2006 is about much, much more than just "boy meets girl"
    as are most other "romance"/drama anime (at least of those i've seen). you could try watching the first few episodes of Kanon to see if you like that stuff^^
    Hm, it does sound like something I could enjoy. As long as there's a running story, otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep my interest up. :P
    there is a "running" story through the anime, but it's still pretty episodical for the most part, like most comedy anime.
    Yeah that's the one I took the most interest in after a short overview of your suggestions. I'm downloading it atm, but I'll spend the night watching "Soul Eater" as a friend of mine suggested (or more like, "watch it now or we're no longer friends").

10+ Year Old Account
    btw, it's some of the most disturbing stuff i've ever seen. it's hard to look at.
    Yeah that would be nice. I can give ya my email if ya find it since this site may have some problems with telling us on here.

---------- Post added 2011-04-09 at 09:55 PM ----------

I've seen some of the common fighting shounen; Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail, FMP, HxH, Berserk. Not sure how to classify Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Hajime no Ippo. I've also seen and enjoyed anime like Spice & Wolf, Durarara!!, B Gata H Kei, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop etc.

Okay chcked the next page and a few series that soun up your alley are

Isekai no Sekishi Monogatari nice mix of comedy pervy humor and action(though it really doesn;t kick off action wise till around episode 7 or 8 but oooh boy does it deliver)

Needless if you want action you want this think of it as Gurren Lagann for shonen. Oh just a heads up the main characters weakness is that he digs little girls. Just mentioning it cause i know some people can;t handle that kinda thing.

Aquarion, Kurogane no Linebarrels, Gravion and Godannar. All three are Super Robot series but with alot of kink to em in aquarion they orgams when the mech combines in Linebarrels they love their fanservice in Gravion well again fanservice same fo Godannar. Though Gravion and Godanaar are also spoof series of the 70s super robot style. Whereas linebarrels is a more recentone but yeah in one episode the guy can;t summon his mech due to all the bloody noses.

Tekkaman Blade if you don;t mind it beinga kids series originally. But trust me you get blood drama nice battle AND some nudity during female transformation scenes.

Negima! and Negima!? each has a nice amount of action though neither holds up to manga in ANY category whether it be sex jokes action or plot but meh whatcha gonna do.

Record of Lodoss War 1990 OVA trust me when i say avoid the tv series from the late 90s and go for this it is epic and a classic also based on some group in japans D&D game if the rumors are true. Very nice old school classic fantasy with elves dwarves monsters and good old fashioned fantasy fun.

Fushigi Yugi Okay this one is a classic but apparently some people can;t handle the drama so just offering this as a side mention because it should fit. Basically a girl gets sucked into a magic book where she finds that she is one of 4 countries priestess and has to go ona journey to gather her guardians and then ry and summon Suzaku her regions god. Suffice to say things don;t go as planned and you do get some nice action.

Scryed was aired on CN around the same time as Cowboy Bebop and was a very fun fighting shonen series. Should be up your alley

Trigun Great series considered one of the bridge series alongside Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop also i recommend outlaw star all three are great shows.

Code Geass nice action some fanservice(especially in season 2) and a great story and series in general.

Blue Gender very nice sci fi series with lotsa fighting and a race of giant bugs that now dominate earth(not ruloe or conquer just have driven humans to space)

Kampfer nice ecchi series with fighting.

Mightiest Disciple Kenichi this one should be perfect picture a mix of shounen(minus superpowers BY AND LARGE since his masters are pretty insane just no ya know masive lasers or power upgrades like bleach and naruto at least till last few episodes and even then) so yeah this one should work.

As for any other just check the link in my sig it's an anime site that tracks what you've seen and has a database you can search for more info reviews and even has a thing below each series that is for similar ones. Oh and since it surprised someone just be ready to see my series listed as 430(though i have seen more that site doesn't count hentai) and the time over 4 months.

EDIT also I'd recommend Irresponsible Captain Tylor and Tenchi Muyo, Truth is i'm pretty exhausted so you can look em up but both are older series and quite well known. Oh and an anime named Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure in english should work as well.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2011-04-09 at 09:57 PM.

That would be amazing if you could find it i would greatly appreciate the link (: Although as Sorrior said this website might have problems with it~ So i can also give you my email if you find it ^^~

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be amazing if you could find it i would greatly appreciate the link (: Although as Sorrior said this website might have problems with it~ So i can also give you my email if you find it ^^~
    pms should be fine for pretty much every kind of talk that is not allowed in threads, as long as both people are okay with it ;]