Feral and not wanting to use pvp gear :/

I have been playing a feral Druid for quite some time now but have only recently (since cata launch) started into pvp. My only problem is that, with a near full-epic PvE set, I always shun away from buying bloodthirsty gear. I know how vital resilience can be, but I always stop myself when I realize I'm giving up 170 mastery and 40+ agility for resilience. Now I know that I need to start there before moving on to arenas and consequently vicious gear but I just can't bring myself to it.

Is anyone in the same boat or is it a "L2P get resilience noob" situation?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I have been playing a feral Druid for quite some time now but have only recently (since cata launch) started into pvp. My only problem is that, with a near full-epic PvE set, I always shun away from buying bloodthirsty gear. I know how vital resilience can be, but I always stop myself when I realize I'm giving up 170 mastery and 40+ agility for resilience. Now I know that I need to start there before moving on to arenas and consequently vicious gear but I just can't bring myself to it.

Is anyone in the same boat or is it a "L2P get resilience noob" situation?
    i do Arena on my feral druid in half green, half blue (and the epic i have bought, 2)
    every week me and my bud have positive win-loss scores, if you know what to do, it shouldn't matter what gear your using, just get a pvp trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Durh View Post
    if you know what to do, it shouldn't matter what gear your using
    Yyyyeah... but if you know what to do, you'll be grabbing that PvP gear.

That 170 Mastery and 40 Agi will be nothing compared to the Resil you'll be picking up. Once you start getting CC'd, those stats will be worth nothing (cause you can't hit, obviously) and Resil will allow you to live longer and potentially through a CC chain. There's a reason why PvP gear exists. Get the Vicious gear if you're doing rated stuff but Bloodthirsty is fine for BGs and such.

You could always do your 5 wins a week + BH and slowly gather up Vicious. You won't rank high (unless you can annihilate someone) but that means you'll be facing people like you (no PvP gear) or without brains (literally...). It would be a slow grind to the gear to become decent, but then you won't be *downgrading*.