Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    you know what anime stands for right? it's short for Animation and this is a CGI animated movie so yes it's "anime"
    Last edited by Egga; 2011-05-10 at 09:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Egga View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGI38w0HhPA
    always loved Tifas fighting style
    It's prob because the movie sucked that I don't enjoy the fights that much. ;P

ok, all you kiddies gather up and sit indian-style while grandpappy fung tells you a story:

back in the olden days before one piece or even dragonball, there was fist of the north star, which set forth many of the cliches we enjoy today.

witness: the final battle of 'juuza of the clouds'.

although the badassery here stands on its own, knowing more backstory only adds to it. juuza loved yuria as a child, until he learned she was his half-sister. heartbroken, he becomes a total player pimp, stealing women and living a playaplaya lifestyle. when raoh moves to rule the land the generals of the southern emperor plead with juuza to join the fight, but he cannot be moved claiming "i am the clouds. i move by MY will alone!". eventually he learns the emperor is none other than his lost love yuria, and goes to stop raoh with a furious resolution. instead of fighting raoh, he tricks him and steals his horse koku-oh (a king of horses that has let no man other than raoh ride). eventually juuza returns to fight raoh and risks everything on a point-blank lethal strike. but raoh sees the attack at the last second, and breaks juuza's shoulders (despite juuza being covered in oil) to deflect the blow. raoh strikes juuza's pressure point that causes his body to explode in blood if he doesn't speak the truth, and asks the identity of the emperor. juuza, unable to lie, answers "raoh is a fsking d*ckhead". video continues from there...

the whole series is available subbed on hulu. good popcorn watching.

15+ Year Old Account
    Um basically almost every fight in Dbz and if so does rvb count?:O
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Ok, I have to say Kazuma Vs Ryuho, the final battle of the final episode. It's tense, insane, down to the wire! I was on the edge of my seat watching it for the first time, epic.
    "Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found."
    By a forum member "Membrane"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pickachu vs onyx for ash's first gym badge... Fucking EPIC.

Death improves everyone's reputation...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Egga View Post
    you know what anime stands for right? it's short for Animation and this is a CGI animated movie so yes it's "anime"
    So much fail in this sentence. Following this piece of wisdom, all that disney/pixar/dreamworks crap is also anime.
    You probably only watched that garbage move for Tifas tits anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc878ebd00c0; 2011-05-10 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Um basically almost every fight in Dbz and if so does rvb count?:O
    DBZ has some great fights but they go on way to long.

briggs soliders vs central in the fmab take over episode

This is a series of fights that spans the last few episodes of Code Geass that's some of the best mecha I've ever seen. The movie is an AMV, but it's hardly edited; it's basically all the fights back to back with everything else cut out.

Quote Originally Posted by fung View Post
    ok, all you kiddies gather up and sit indian-style while grandpappy fung tells you a story:
    ok grandpa, keep your old "oh back in my day" stories to yourself, no one cares.

OT:
    JoJo vs Dio Brando

Person above posting Hajime no Ippo reminded me lots of good fights in that.

Hands down the best sword fight in recorded anime history

Why do so many of you enjoy 1 sided fights? Yes it was badass when Ichigo came back as a hollow and wiped the floor with Ulquiorra, but it was too easy. He didn't even break a sweat. And before Ichigo transformed, it was obvious he was outmatched. I prefer more even fights where both combatants are of equal skill and power. With the Ichi/Ulqu fight, there was always a huge difference in power between them No matter who had the upper hand.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Why do so many of you enjoy 1 sided fights? Yes it was badass when Ichigo came back as a hollow and wiped the floor with Ulquiorra, but it was too easy. He didn't even break a sweat. And before Ichigo transformed, it was obvious he was outmatched. I prefer more even fights where both combatants are of equal skill and power. With the Ichi/Ulqu fight, there was always a huge difference in power between them No matter who had the upper hand.
    Well, as I said early on in my post on the first page, I like fights that demonstrate proficiency more than "epicness" or power level; this generally precludes come-backs, sudden power-ups, or anything like that. If you're fighting for your life you lay it all on the line up front; you don't hold out on your special move until you're nearly dead.

Now the best fights are when both combatants are capable, but I've found that it's hard to hit just the right level where it feels like two opponents are duking it out with skill rather than just having a "push of war" with the swords/guns/energy/whatever. It usually requires really good, detailed animation and choreography to accomplish because otherwise you just see a bunch of blurs; yes they might be evenly matched through "skill" but we don't really see any of it. This is why I tend to prefer short fights, because at some level they feel more realistic and hence more engaging: either one person dominates or if both are at a high skill level then it only takes the slightest slip up to lose.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-05-11 at 04:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marintha View Post
    What? What?!

C'mon children, gather round and see how a real battle is conducted. See the almighty glory, war, terror and gore that is Berserk.

As wondrous as the anime may seem, it pales in comparison to the badassery that is the manga. Here, I'll explain. The anime? Covers the first, oh, three books.

There are 35 now. And they're still coming.

video

Behold, children, and weep before the might of Gutts. Hundred man slayer. The Black Swordsman.

Why is he so amazing? Because unlike Ichigo, Kenshin and so many other animes that have been noted here, Gutts is MORTAL. He bleeds, he loses an arm, and eye, and it stays that way. There's no magical pity fairy to save him, he just SURVIVES.
    finally !! some1 to post berserk lol I'm surprised it took this much, but meh I guess most ppl who watch anime are pokemans that don't even know about Berserk.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    finally !! some1 to post berserk lol I'm surprised it took this much, but meh I guess most ppl who watch anime are pokemans that don't even know about Berserk.
    Or perhaps have a different taste? I watched Berserk for the plot and machinations of Griffith; I didn't find most of Berserk's combat anything to write home about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    That's why I chose Ichigo vs Byakuya. Goes back and forth, with only about a minute of Ichigo/Hollow OPness.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Naruto....Third Hokage (Sarutobi) vs Orochimaru + 2 past hokages resurrected. I was literally on the edge of my seat for the whole fight, I knew Sarutobi was strong but he would have trouble due to his age.

edit: sorry it's goddamn impossible to find a video which doesn't have music -_- atleast it's not horrible music :P

I almost cried when the Third died, I was like "WTF you died and all you took was Orochimaru's ARMS?"
    For me it was a far more meaningful fight than anything shown in Naruto up till date, even more than Naruto vs Pain. A teacher filled with regret that he didn't stop his pupil Orochimaru all those years ago, and how he's simply too old to finish him off
    It also ties in with how the Fourth died too young and is part of the reason why the Third had to hold the position of Hokage for so long. Till date I wonder...why didn't the village start the search for Jiraiya + Tsunade BEFORE things got out of hand? Then the Third could've lived, and maybe Orichimaru could've been killed PROPERLY once and for all. Jeez -_-
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-05-11 at 07:03 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    ok grandpa, keep your old "oh back in my day" stories to yourself, no one cares.

Not to mention he failed quite epically might i add to mention Guyver and Berserk as far as older series go.

Oh and to remain OT the last fight in Kurogane no Linebarrel. I have more but will save them.

[Anime] Fight Scenes

What are your all time favorite anime fight scenes?

A few of mine.

Dragon Ball Z
    Goku v. Majin Vegeta

Naruto
    Rock Lee v. Gaara

Bleach
    Last edited by Mijen; 2011-10-02 at 11:47 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.