Deleted
    Arenanet will give everyone the same experience Underskilled. Ex-WoW or not /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It has already been said... I for one said that IF dueling was to be in the game it should be in it's own dedicated area, don't wanna see 100 people talking smack to each other in every town.

And I suggest he doesn't post that over there the dueling thread was closed for a reason
    I have Pokemon nightmares every time someone starts spamming me with "HI WANNA DUEL??????" ;(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I wonder, if people are going up and down with some vague announcement of Battle.net extra services, why they don't react when the developer, answering the question whether cash shop items will actually affect gameplay, doesn't answers 'No, they never will', but instead 'We've not yet decided which items will be available etc.'?

Your opinion?
    Because Arenanet have a reputation of creating vanity items only that while they may be constrewed as expensive at £5 do more than just give you a little minion to follow you around. A good example are the player costumes you can get or how you can purchase additional character slots. The current system allows for 8 characters on your account in GW1 but for those who want more than 8 characters you can buy slots fairly cheaply.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    What im worried about is this WvWvW PvP, it looks cool and all but i will need something like Battlegrounds, something that i can queue when i want and start at the beginning of the fight with the same amount of players on each side, and a battle that wont last more than 25 minutes.
    That is going to be in anyways from my understanding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    That is going to be in anyways from my understanding.
    They may import the GW1 system which vaguely resembles the battlegrounds but is significantly more objective driven.

Just read a really good blog post of someone explaining how and why they became interested in GW2.

http://drewciferianisms.blogspot.com...big-thing.html

I particularly like this reason:

Giant polar bears with swords. I want to see them.
    Last edited by Mothhive; 2011-05-30 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I wouldn't mind a guild, hell even server, made up of previous WoW players. You have to understand, the people spamming "ANALANALANAL LOLOLOL" Will most likely take a ban-hammer to the groin very, VERY quickly. This is to be a new game coming out, Anet would definitely not slack on removing players like that to keep the game enjoyable.

I have met WoW players that are genuinely amazing people, I can only assume Anet will work to keep those players entertained, and keep the trolls out.
    This, Anet cares about their players and since its B2P they have no consequence for removing players that are harassing other players. Guild Wars GM from my research are more part of the game than GM's in other games, like i saw videos of GM's randomly coming to city's and launching off fireworks and such in GW1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I wonder, if people are going up and down with some vague announcement of Battle.net extra services, why they don't react when the developer, answering the question whether cash shop items will actually affect gameplay, doesn't answers 'No, they never will', but instead 'We've not yet decided which items will be available etc.'?

Your opinion?
    Arena Net said the only items in the Cash Shop for GW2 will be cosmetic items. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Arena Net said the only items in the Cash Shop for GW2 will be cosmetic items. End of.
    Correct, they said no store item will ever effect player ability or be able to do special things such as WoW's upcoming dungeon premium thing, everything in the store will only be cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I wouldn't mind a guild, hell even server, made up of previous WoW players. You have to understand, the people spamming "ANALANALANAL LOLOLOL" Will most likely take a ban-hammer to the groin very, VERY quickly. This is to be a new game coming out, Anet would definitely not slack on removing players like that to keep the game enjoyable.

I have met WoW players that are genuinely amazing people, I can only assume Anet will work to keep those players entertained, and keep the trolls out.
    You make it sound as if wow is the 4chan of MMOs. Sometimes dicking around like that can be actually amusing.

With friends sure, in a public chat not so much.
    Agreed, and im sure if people are trollish or 4chan like, they will be dealt with swiftly.

Oh look Tackhisis is back, not banned enough yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YTOfficer01 View Post
    They may import the GW1 system which vaguely resembles the battlegrounds but is significantly more objective driven.
    What is significantly more objective driven than completing an objective in order to win?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    Oh look Tackhisis is back, not banned enough yet?
    Back to reporting again till it's ban time again.

People should stop discussing PVP or atleast stating certain things being the only parts of PVP since they havent even released an official PVP statement yet besides WvWvW they never said there wasnt anything else.

Just a little question;

Will there only be 1 faction in the game? Seeing there is only 5 races. And if so, how will PVP work? Who will you fight against?
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen View Post
    Just a little question;

Will there only be 1 faction in the game? Seeing there is only 5 races. And if so, how will PVP work? Who will you fight against?
    Each race is its own Faction lore-wise, they are all working together to stop a greater evil, PVP is between guilds and players mainly. Basiclly i guess you could say your guild is your faction.

Yes only one faction, and there is no World PvP as in WoW.
    I consider WvWvW World PVP, cause thats what its called, And the zones are going to be VERY large.

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 12:14 PM ----------

OT(I think): How does this build look?

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...switch=36c88c5

Didn't do traits or anything i know, just looking for a good skill setup right now.
    Last edited by Blizzcon2011; 2011-05-30 at 04:14 PM.

Question about server vs server PvP: will it always be available, or only running during certain weeks? Can you join at any time? The closest comparison I can think of is the Ettenmoors in LOTRO, but I'm not sure how similar it is.

Deleted
    Yes only one faction, and there is no World PvP as in WoW.
    Same thing as a battleground but only 100x larger & more people! That makes up for the World PVP really