I think WvWvW will have very little to no downtime but to be honest I can't say anything without knowing for sure.

Deleted
    Could people post facts and not their opinion when it comes to answering questions.

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 05:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Question about server vs server PvP: will it always be available, or only running during certain weeks? Can you join at any time? The closest comparison I can think of is the Ettenmoors in LOTRO, but I'm not sure how similar it is.
    All we know is it runs for a week+, weather theres a break inbetween campains we don't know yet. Should be able to join whenever you want though.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2011-05-30 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    All we know is it runs for a week+, weather theres a break inbetween campains we don't know yet. Should be able to join whenever you want though.
    Sounds lovely

Since there are no limit to how many players there can be in one WvWvW battle, there will be no queue times I guess
    Last edited by mmocd3499ff517; 2011-05-30 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Authwen View Post
    Sounds lovely
    Yes it does, and there will be some RTS aspects, like building fortifications/walls, building Siege devices, and your guild will be able to takeover a keep and you can use it as a place to hang out until someone takes it.

Deleted
    Sounds lovely

Since there are no limit to how many players there can be in one WvWvW battle, there will be no queue times I guess
    Like they said on the PAX panel, it's massive unbalance PvP. What's not to like?

Everything we know about WvWvW is here for those who want to read it. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_PvP

PvP here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    Yes it does, and there will be some RTS aspects, like building fortifications/walls, building Siege devices, and your guild will be able to takeover a keep and you can use it as a place to hang out until someone takes it.
    That is what makes the game so appealing to me, and the fact that the leveling proccess isn't supposed to be boring & long like other mmo's.

That is what makes the game so appealing to me, and the fact that the leveling proccess isn't supposed to be boring & long like other mmo's.

Deleted
    This is what cought my eye.
    Am I going to have to endlessly grind to reach the level cap?

No. The time needed to level up should never exceed 90 minutes.[17] Moreover, the leveling curve flattens, so each subsequent level will take about the same time to reach.

This is what cought my eye.
    Exactly, they want the game to be as grind free as possible.

Let's not forget that the game was designed to make it enjoyable on each level about equally. Especially for PvP, where you immediately gain access to all/most skills and are even lvld up to a certain lvl.

And yes, WvWvW isn't supposed to be super serious or competitive, yes your realm gets ranked, but its more meant to be fun, structured PVP is for being serious and competitive.

Deleted
    I don't think they are doing realms on this.....as I understood it they are keeping with the districts model they currently have where you can jump from district to district to suite your needs...though I could be wrong.

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...switch=34e0445
    Last edited by mmoce86883aa25; 2011-05-30 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YTOfficer01 View Post
    I don't think they are doing realms on this.....as I understood it they are keeping with the districts model they currently have where you can jump from district to district to suite your needs...though I could be wrong.
    You are wrong

There's a reason why they are allowing you a free server transfer with a CD, but i think they said when you use the transfer you are not allowed to participate in WvWvW for about a week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YTOfficer01 View Post
    They're doing servers this time round, although it will use the same golbal design from GW1, they said they want to make changing servers as easy as possible though, they just haven't said how it will work yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone who's had a chance to play the demo comment on the controls?
    I was not a fan of GW1, mostly due to the controls like left mouse click to move to position and the general feel of movement and even combat to an extent.

Did they overhaul this for GW2, or is it similar in that regard?

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Can someone who's had a chance to play the demo comment on the controls?
    I was not a fan of GW1, mostly due to the controls like left mouse click to move to position and the general feel of movement and even combat to an extent.

Did they overhaul this for GW2, or is it similar in that regard?
    They have totally overhauled the movement system. I haven't played it myself, but everyone that has says it's very fluid and responsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    They have totally overhauled the movement system. I haven't played it myself, but everyone that has says it's very fluid and responsive.
    And you can jump!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    You can click to move in WoW (advanced options) and you can turn off click moving in GW1.

But mostly from what I can tell GW2 will have at least the responsiveness of WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    You can click to move in WoW (advanced options) and you can turn off click moving in GW1.

But mostly from what I can tell GW2 will have at least the responsiveness of WoW.
    It actually looks to have more responsiveness if you watch the gameplay videos.

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    And despite that we WILL see people grinding as fast as they can to max level only to start whining that there is nothing to do.
    Maybe, but hopefully those players will quit if that does happen. According to what we know so far there will be more than a few things to do at max level.

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 01:55 PM ----------

To add more to what i said about having stuff to do, the development philosophy for max level and all throughout the game in general, is they never want you to have to afk in a town or such, they want you to always have something to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    It actually looks to have more responsiveness if you watch the gameplay videos.
    Read the underlined and bolded quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter