Quote Originally Posted by tamlus View Post
    Yeah so dont the romances kind of make this null and void? If a Jedi is having a relationship on the side with a crew member then hes breaking the code and the canon of his class.
    I've always been under the impression that Jedi COULD go and have a relationship if they chose to. However, that relationship would cause them some degree of turmoil sometime in the future through being forced to choose what's best for their family or what's best for their order/nation/whatever.

The Code basically being more like "K.I.S.S. Don't fuck around!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    I will be doing a romance story on all characters as well. But aren't there only 12 romanceable companions? Some classes will get stuck with only one companion that you can romance....I may have to pick a character that I dislike because they are the only one that is romanceable.

Hopefully in expansions or patches they will add more companions. Then again one companion could end up leaving if you romance the other one.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dDukQ10BQU...eebo_Q_A_4.png

if you go near the bottom, he saz " The girl i took to bed was an NPC not a companion" so im going to say that there is more Romance outside of the companion windows
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Part of me dislike the concept of there being Good and Evil in Star Wars. There's enough examples of people finding a balance and jump from side to side. I think it's more of a balance thing where people decide where they want to be on the scale, but ultimately the Force as a whole requires balance so if someone is a Jedi, there must be Sith, and likewise, there will be those that are neither as well as both at the same time.

I just don't think that a Jedi must necessarily be good to be a Jedi. It's a bit like the background for KOTOR2. Some of the teachings of the Jedi doesn't really fit in and create friction, which leads to apathy when action is required. I believe that through some "dark side" acts, a lot of good can come from it. The problem is when one step leads to a jump to the dark side completely, but that's one of the things I don't get: Nearly no one in the SW universe has any form of restraint or control over themselves, it doesn't make any sense. If the dark side was that strong to draw someone in, most people would be unable to handle it even if they didn't touch it at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    number 7 was linked a few pages ago, but i was wanting to read the first ones.. thank you for posting
    better to post it again than to loose it in the sig madness!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Part of me dislike the concept of there being Good and Evil in Star Wars. There's enough examples of people finding a balance and jump from side to side. I think it's more of a balance thing where people decide where they want to be on the scale, but ultimately the Force as a whole requires balance so if someone is a Jedi, there must be Sith, and likewise, there will be those that are neither as well as both at the same time.

I just don't think that a Jedi must necessarily be good to be a Jedi. It's a bit like the background for KOTOR2. Some of the teachings of the Jedi doesn't really fit in and create friction, which leads to apathy when action is required. I believe that through some "dark side" acts, a lot of good can come from it. The problem is when one step leads to a jump to the dark side completely, but that's one of the things I don't get: Nearly no one in the SW universe has any form of restraint or control over themselves, it doesn't make any sense. If the dark side was that strong to draw someone in, most people would be unable to handle it even if they didn't touch it at all.
    i was kinda thinking something like that, im fine with good and evil.. but like having a story like Exar Kun, but being on the " dark side" as in powers but still be a good guy.. and not rounding together a force to attack the Republic.. but i know that wouldn't happen heh

Galen Marek from the Force Unleashed fought the Sith and helped the rebles and he used stuff like Force lightning

---------- Post added 2011-06-18 at 12:47 AM ----------

o

another question if anyone can answer, has anything been said on needed computer stats for this game? i know the grafics are disabled atm but they said they would like to have the game run on most computers

in WoW i run like 30-40 FPS normaly but if im like in the Lost city of Tolvir i have to turn my view distance down because of that Vortex above the city drops my frame rates very badly, seems to happen to some of my other friends with NVIDA cards themselves

but in BWD i run like 30-40 FPS like out in the rest of the world fighting
    Last edited by Omians; 2011-06-18 at 12:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a random troll View Post
    Has nothing to do with Yoda. Love was forbidden even in KOTOR lore, that's 300 years before Yoda.

Like I said, it's a liability, anything will happen. Supposed a jedi's lover is killed. The jedi will instantly surge with rage, and rage = dark side.
    Is that to say that yoda will be in SWTOR? I remember one of the developers saying it takes place 300 years after KOTOR

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    Is that to say that yoda will be in SWTOR? I remember one of the developers saying it takes place 300 years after KOTOR
    Pretty sure that was a typo. Yoda was only 800-900 when he died in RotJ, so he definitely won't be in ToR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Pretty sure that was a typo. Yoda was only 800-900 when he died in RotJ, so he definitely won't be in ToR.
    ya Chrysia is right

SWTOR is Between 3,643 BBY and 3,641 BBY[4]

Yoda was Born 896 BBY

---------- Post added 2011-06-18 at 01:07 AM ----------

Still would like to know of system requirements.. or at least know what people in the beta are running on

10+ Year Old Account
    They have not released anything about system requirements yet.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    They have not released anything about system requirements yet.
    i guess ill have to see if i can find people in the beta and ask what they are running on

10+ Year Old Account
    ya Chrysia is right

SWTOR is Between 3,643 BBY and 3,641 BBY[4]

Yoda was Born 896 BBY

---------- Post added 2011-06-18 at 01:07 AM ----------

Still would like to know of system requirements.. or at least know what people in the beta are running on
    Oh ok, that sounds about right but are you sure about the time span of SWTOR? I would think more it takes place from 3,643 BBY and onwards seeing as if it were to only take place in between those years then that would pretty much limit the amount of content they could put out for the game in it's whole life-span am i right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ok, that sounds about right but are you sure about the time span of SWTOR? I would think more it takes place from 3,643 BBY and onwards seeing as if it were to only take in between those years then that would pretty much limit the amount of content they could put out for the game in it's whole life am i right?
    i just pulled the timeline off of starwars wiki.. and its not saying it starts then and ends then.. atm its a it started between those two dates and doesnt have an end

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ok, that sounds about right but are you sure about the time span of SWTOR? I would think more it takes place from 3,643 BBY and onwards seeing as if it were to only take place in between those years then that would pretty much limit the amount of content they could put out for the game in it's whole life-span am i right?
    Roughly 3000 years is too limiting of a time span for a MMO? Oh, and Obi-Wan is another example of a jedi that had some fun in the bedroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just pulled the timeline off of starwars wiki.. and its not saying it starts then and ends then.. atm its a it started between those two dates and doesnt have an end
    Oh ok, was just making sure

---------- Post added 2011-06-18 at 01:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    Roughly 3000 years is too limiting of a time span for a MMO? Oh, and Obi-Wan is another example of a jedi that had some fun in the bedroom.
    no, but two years is. how about you go back and actually read the discussion instead of skimming

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I used the one you posted Lackluster. Thanks
    No you're not! :P
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dDukQ10BQU...eebo_Q_A_4.png

if you go near the bottom, he saz " The girl i took to bed was an NPC not a companion" so im going to say that there is more Romance outside of the companion windows
    There 100% certainly is. *MINOR SPOILER ALERT*If you saw Trantice's play-through, he romanced a local twi'lek leader (who gracefully kissed his beard, btw) and gained dark side points as well as a holo-figurine of the lady.
    Some hardcore eroticism:

(not really, screen fades to black after the kiss)

Deleted
    Maybe she had a case of munchies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ok, was just making sure ---------- Post added 2011-06-18 at 01:22 AM ---------- no, but two years is. how about you go back and actually read the discussion instead of skimming
    Lots to read when people that are too lazy to even look at the links provided on the first page. Instead they ask silly questions (yoda in swtor /facepalm) that could easily be answered if they took even a moment to check for themselves instead of wanting everything spoon fed to them like a baby. God I hope that SWTOR weeds those people out. I'm really worried that it's not going to, and those parasites will infect the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots to read when people that are too lazy to even look at the links provided on the first page. Instead they ask silly questions (yoda in swtor /facepalm) that could easily be answered if they took even a moment to check for themselves instead of wanting everything spoon fed to them like a baby. God I hope that SWTOR weeds those people out. I'm really worried that it's not going to, and those parasites will infect the game.
    well with no auto attack it probly will heh

even with the most advanced scientists working around the clock non-stop, stupidity has proven to be more resilient than even life itself. "Those players" will always exist no matter what. Though I hope they mostly are limited to spamming the chat channels.

10+ Year Old Account
    well with no auto attack it probly will heh
    You know what, people have actually already started QQing about it. I don't see what is so fun about sitting there watching your character do everything. I am eagerly looking forward to actually being involved. I think the no auto attack system will be great. Oh, something else I'm looking forward to is abusing Blizz like crazy. That little jawa is going to go through pure hell.