Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh thank you baby jesus they fixed her hair and eye color to be right. Now if they'll just fix Tyrande's hair...

Quote Originally Posted by Kokiron View Post
    Oh thank you baby jesus they fixed her hair and eye color to be right. Now if they'll just fix Tyrande's hair...
    Oh please no!! If they fix Tyrande's hair, she might come back with a pink dress...

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Sorry, no way in the world I am tanking a pug raid and watching all those people roll against me. so much easier to just chill and dps and roll against the tank for my gear in pugs.
    So you don't want to tank because you don't want people rolling against you and taking your tanking gear, but you're just fine with taking another tanks gear while you are in DPS spec. Yep, makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    That sounds good in theory, and if you are talking about 5 mans, it will work. The problem is that with the LFR, most tanks will be rolling against 5-10 other people. It doesn´t indicate how big the ´bonus´will be.. but even if it is 50%, the tank is still going to lose tanking gear frequently against that many strangers. LFR is going to have longer queues than 5 mans just because every time a tank rolls for loot, he is going to see 10 people roll against him.

The solution is to add a 4th roll ´need for offspec´.. which only lights up for people who have a tank spec. They get priority over other dps, but can´t roll need against the current tank.

Sorry, no way in the world I am tanking a pug raid and watching all those people roll against me. so much easier to just chill and dps and roll against the tank for my gear in pugs.
    I agree with the idea that there should be a separate off-spec roll that is lower priority than your main spec but I am not sure that I agree that overly sensitive tanks who dont want to be rolled against will be holding up the LFR queues. LFD in 5 mans gets held up on tanks because you need one tank for every 3 dps/1 healer. LFR you are only going to need 2 tanks for every 17 dps/6 healers. If anything I think it might be the tanks that actually end up waiting longer on this one, but we will never know till we get to see it live.

Also, overly sensitive might sound harsh but everyone in the raid is already dealing with having to be rolled against for their gear. Dps lose to healers and tanks with off specs on top of having to roll against a higher number of people, healers lose to dps and tanks all the time too. Its something that we all have to deal with in pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Yes, the first one was better, but since Knaaks stuff is dogmatic these days... -_-
    Yeahhh, the previous color scheme just looked nicer overall. For the sake of following lore from the novels, all they had to do was change her hair to a silvery white, perhaps with a faint cyan cast, and make her eyes golden instead of shimmery blue. And definitely not that bright marigold color, a faint bronze hue would have sufficed. This new version is nowhere near what I would call the most beautiful of all night elves. =/

Wtb this version of Azshara:

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Yeahhh, the previous color scheme just looked nicer overall. For the sake of following lore from the novels, all they had to do was change her hair to a silvery white, perhaps with a faint cyan cast, and make her eyes golden instead of shimmery blue. And definitely not that bright marigold color, a faint bronze hue would have sufficed. This new version is nowhere near what I would call the most beautiful of all night elves. =/
    eyes needed to be amber not gold

Quote Originally Posted by nWoMATT125 View Post
    eyes needed to be amber not gold
    Amber and gold are BOTH YELLOW....

Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    Can somebody please explain this math equation, I didn't take Trig in school.the %d for %s by %s, what are these combination of symbols representing.
    That's from coding. In most C-like languages, all variables are represented by %d (double) and %s (string). The actual value and what variable is represented is hidden in pointers that point to the memory location of said saved variable. So this is in fact no mathematical equation, but you just replace the %d by the roll number and the %s by the strings for the item name (1st) and player name (2nd).

Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    Can somebody please explain this math equation, I didn't take Trig in school.the %d for %s by %s, what are these combination of symbols representing.
    It's not an equation, it's a formatting string for a printout to the chat pane. %s would be the contents of a string like player_name or item_name and %d would be a decimal number.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

loot_rolling_role_rolled_need_more_rolls_role_bonus_for_rolling

Quote Originally Posted by Kokiron View Post
    Amber and gold are BOTH YELLOW....
    Amber is really kinda orange actually..

Deleted
    you guys do realize that there's a difference between "texture" and "colour"?

The loot roll penalty feature is interesting.A Fine is a Price (title of an influential econ paper by Gneezy & Rustichini, 2000) and a fine for rolling on off-spec items might be seen by many people as fair compensation for "ninjaing".I would expect more people to roll Need on off-spec items (without consulting the group first) after introduction of the penalty than before - the Blizzard-imposed fine might probably lower the impact of the present social conventions (and highly uncertain social consequences) on decision-making. Accepting the penalty may justify being greedy in a way that Blizzard's "if you can roll Need you are welcome to do so" blanket statement never could.If this change is going to be introduced in 4.3 it could make for a nice thesis project in behavioral economics. Monitor actual behavior on loot rolls (with Need before Greed loot system in place) in "local" PuGs and cross-realm PuGs before patch, contrast to the behavior in LFR after patch and look whether the new LFR feature also impacts behavior in dungeon/old-raid PuGs (again local & cross-realm). Do a few interviews to supplement your statistical findings, explore possible explanations for your findings (incomplete information/contracts? guilt and social conventions? ...) and contribute to science by playing WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by floppi View Post
    you guys do realize that there's a difference between "texture" and "colour"?
    If you are talking about a 3d model then no.. the model's texture incorporates color..

Quote Originally Posted by paladinofcancer View Post
    They don't need a tier.. they are douchebags who don't know how to play their class and still do 20k dps.
    Somebody has watched too much wowcrendor.
    Your'e just a ret paladin who has the best gear available and still pulls 20k dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

WHOA blizz is finally listening to players about the shitty loot system in pugs, instead of saying "working as intended"? If that makes it so people who queue as a certain role get a higher percentage chance of winning their loot type, I'm really looking forward to this

The loot roll penalty feature is interesting.

A Fine is a Price (title of an influential econ paper by Gneezy & Rustichini, 2000) and a fine for rolling on off-spec items might be seen by many people as fair compensation for "ninjaing".

I would expect more people to roll Need on off-spec items (without consulting the group first) after introduction of the penalty than before - the Blizzard-imposed fine might lower the impact of the present social conventions (and highly uncertain social consequences) on decision-making. Accepting the penalty may justify being greedy in a way that Blizzard's "if you can roll Need you are welcome to do so" blanket statement never could.

If this change is going to be introduced in 4.3 it could make for a nice thesis project in behavioral economics. Monitor actual behavior on loot rolls (with Need before Greed loot system in place) in "local" PuGs and cross-realm PuGs before patch, contrast to the behavior in LFR after patch and look whether the new LFR feature also impacts behavior in dungeon/old-raid PuGs (again local & cross-realm). Do a few interviews to supplement your statistical findings, explore possible explanations for your findings (incomplete information/contracts? guilt and social conventions? ...) and contribute to science by playing WoW!

That Need Roll string looks interesting. Guess it's being applied for the Looking For Raid feature if someone's trying to snag an item for their off spec? Who knows...

Really loving these new models they keep rolling out!