Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No, you'll still want to leave it as late as possible, but it will help with mobility.
    I suppose yes. If you're over-zealous with dotting you'll lose the benefit of the generally high DPCT of dots by casting them too frequently.

It all depends on how the new spec mechanics work. They sound promising for the most part and come closer to how I imagine Warlocks functioning, with fel building up their power.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Spinning Pain Spike from the Jaraxxus encounter. It simply has to be.
    I would love to see a boss get Zangief'd
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

All of these changes make me a very, VERY happy Femlock.

Can't wait for more information related to Destro. They seem to have Demo pretty well sorted in the "THIS IS HOW YOU PLAY" basket.

Also I like what they're saying about "we want to take away the 'you use this pet for this spec' situation".
    My succubus needs some loving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykoris View Post
    All of these changes make me a very, VERY happy Femlock.

Can't wait for more information related to Destro. They seem to have Demo pretty well sorted in the "THIS IS HOW YOU PLAY" basket.

Also I like what they're saying about "we want to take away the 'you use this pet for this spec' situation".
    My succubus needs some loving.
    I loved the time I used her in 4.0 as affliction, her "I'm not touching you" speech is the funniest speech in the game, closely followed by Felguard's "You dare summon me, lesser creature!" Just cracks me up. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I loved the time I used her in 4.0 as affliction, her "I'm not touching you" speech is the funniest speech in the game, closely followed by Felguard's "You dare summon me, lesser creature!" Just cracks me up. xD
    Nothing beats the "Oooooh, sure! Send the LITTLE guy!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the felhunter's very funny too. Just too quietly to be heard.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Very exciting changes for Demonology and Affliction, not sold on the Infernal Embers mechanic yet though. If it's consumed by conflagrate I think it'll be used way too quickly to be very interesting.
    My thoughts as well.

On a different note, I would really love a lot more customization of my warlock pets. Not just through grimoire, but gender and appearance etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenom View Post
    Nothing beats the "Oooooh, sure! Send the LITTLE guy!"
    Actually, I think "I play all my records backwards! sdrawkcab sdrocer ym lla yalp I!" beats it

Am I the only soul who thinks Affliction is too easy now and getting easier in 4.3 and beyond?

10+ Year Old Account
    we were suckered in with soul shards being the shit this expansion and were let down. while everything about these changes makes me nerdgasim, we should withhold full judgement until the patch comes later this expansion that sets all the new changes in place. as it stands (mind you iv loved destro more for like all my wow life) demo is interesting me the most so far
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Quote Originally Posted by pyroadi View Post
    Am I the only soul who thinks Affliction is too easy now and getting easier in 4.3 and beyond?
    I know that feeling. I miss 3.0 Affliction.
    Having 5 DoTs to juggle was fun. (Immo, UA, Siphon Life, Corruption, Curse of Agony)

On the topic of Malefic Grasp though. Does that 100% tick rate increase act like Haste does now (adds ticks, rather than shortens duration of DoTs)?
    I'm terrible at understanding tooltips sometimes. I get the wrong idea. >:

One thing im curious about is, with shad bolt changing to different spells at lvl 40 ie. Incinerate for Destro would that mean Demo no longer uses Inc at all making it less of a shadow/fire spec and leaning more to shadow. Altho most likely Demo would get some new fire spells if thats the case.

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 03:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by durza View Post
    we were suckered in with soul shards being the shit this expansion and were let down. while everything about these changes makes me nerdgasim, we should withhold full judgement until the patch comes later this expansion that sets all the new changes in place. as it stands (mind you iv loved destro more for like all my wow life) demo is interesting me the most so far
    Demo's had me hooked since 3.3 I love how the main nuke isnt 'static' in that it changes based on procs which imo adds alil flavor the other specs dont add as much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial0787 View Post
    One thing im curious about is, with shad bolt changing to different spells at lvl 40 ie. Incinerate for Destro would that mean Demo no longer uses Inc at all making it less of a shadow/fire spec and leaning more to shadow. Altho most likely Demo would get some new fire spells if thats the case.

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 03:37 AM ----------

Demo's had me hooked since 3.3 I love how the main nuke isnt 'static' in that it changes based on procs which imo adds alil flavor the other specs dont add as much
    meta was a huge cool booster to a dead looking spec. for me hog was the point when i thought"oh this spec looks cool and has synergy with its pets like its suppose to"
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial0787 View Post
    Mind you that Demo stole Molten Core from Destro. It was ours first!

Oh 3.1s Durrstruction. Those were the days. I miss Destro being OP lol.

Back when conflag had another 40% damage tacked on as a dot at the end....

Quote Originally Posted by Lykoris View Post
    Mind you that Demo stole Molten Core from Destro. It was ours first!

Oh 3.1s Durrstruction. Those were the days. I miss Destro being OP lol.
    They were good days indeed. I remember just hitting naxx with a fully blue geared lock and pulling way more dps than my main at the time (UH DK) by close to 1k so was pulling a nice 4.5-5k dps in 10man

No new pets models made me a sad panda tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to venture to say that they, at long last, have found an identity for the mages red-headed step child. All 3 of those specs are different, all are warlocks, and all are awesome. Afflictions getting a drain nuke that improves dots, demo is getting a pack of imps and they're fixing pet twisting (yuck), and destro is literally bursting into demonic and insane flames...

It's a good time to be playing a lock. Now, which 2 to choose?!

Oh, and is it wrong that I look at other threads and smile when they say "look how awesome locks are gonna be, blizz! I mean wtf is this shit you're giving us?!". Lol
    Last edited by jibbyjackjoe; 2011-11-10 at 06:26 AM.

Does seem to be an obsession with warlock pet aesthetics, with other questions which could be far more constructive not getting attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    No new pets models made me a sad panda tbh
    If you want to worry about how your pet looks compared to that used by someone else, then go play a hunter and tame a rare.

I asked about spec independant cooldowns, particularly instant demon summons. Wondering what happens to those currently tied to soul burn when the shards become an affliction only resource.

Blizzard are rather hypocritical though on their Affliction stance.
    We were denied drain life as a viable pve filler due to trying to not mimic the shadow priest playstyle too much, in that they liked it being differentiated by a cast-time nuke rather than a channel.
    Yet they then do exactly that with Malefic Grasp. I am not convinced they know what they want from the class anymore.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2011-11-10 at 07:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    I'm going to venture to say that they, at long last, have found an identity for the mages red-headed step child. All 3 of those specs are different, all are warlocks, and all are awesome. Afflictions getting a drain nuke that improves dots, demo is getting a pack of imps and they're fixing pet twisting (yuck), and destro is literally bursting into demonic and insane flames...

It's a good time to be playing a lock. Now, which 2 to choose?!

Oh, and is it wrong that I look at other threads and smile when they say "look how awesome locks are gonna be, blizz! I mean wtf is this shit you're giving us?!". Lol
    That's the best thing i'm gonna hear all day. /salute.