Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Swtor HD Screenshots - 1920x1080 8x AA 16xAF

Like topic says, so we once and for all can stop argue about the graphics in SW:Tor :-)

https://picasaweb.google.com/1065869...01698880178354

Have fun!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Deleted
    They look very nice indeed. I dare not ask, but what are your system specs ?
    Do you think an XFX HD6870 Black Edition V2 would hold up once they bring it up in retail ?

God it makes me laugh when people say "TOR's graphics are subpar, worse than WoW's".

Well all the gameplay i have seen so far looks 10 times worse than this, if the game turns out to look like this AND NOT REQUIRE GREAT GRAPHICS....Kudos to them! i might just have to try the game out!

Despite never believing that SWTOR had worse graphics than WoW, that actually looks much better than what I did believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The screenshots that I linked are infact not mine, but I did play on the same settings in the beta as she did. My setup is : Intel's Core i7-980X Extreme Edition, Radeon HD 6970 Crossfire ( X2 Cards ) , Corsair 12GB 1600MHz XMS3, ATX Intel X58 (RAMPAGE III FORMULA) Motherboard.

It's hard to tell, but the 6870 is a real good card and you should be able to play on high settings, I can't promise max with respectable fps, atleast not in groups etc.

---------- Post added 2011-12-11 at 03:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xenii View Post
    Well all the gameplay i have seen so far looks 10 times worse than this, if the game turns out to look like this AND NOT REQUIRE GREAT GRAPHICS....Kudos to them! i might just have to try the game out!
    that's coz the beta's didn't have all the settings the retail have unless you force them from windows/other programs like it's done on these screenshots.
    Last edited by Aqir; 2011-12-11 at 02:38 AM.

Good stuff. Thanks for those, orgasm.

Deleted
    I had 2x AA 16x AF on my 3ghz, 4gb ram, gtx260 over 40 fps at the last weekend. If you can run WoW on a 25man raid in full combat full graphics 4x AA 16x AF over 30 fps you definetly can run this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    I had 2x AA 16x AF on my 3ghz, 4gb ram, gtx260 over 40 fps at the last weekend. If you can run WoW on a 25man raid in full combat full graphics 4x AA 16x AF over 30 fps you definetly can run this.
    Huge difference with x2 AA and x8 AA , just sayin. I would not put my name behind such promise you just did but that's up to you :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

that looks amazing , can't wait to get in and see how my comp handles Swtor on full EVERYTHING (on the stress test I set everything as high as I could and was still running over 60fps)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Hoping to get a GeForce 560 TI sometime by year end. May be overkill, but it will last me a while
    Currently have been wearing out my Radeon 4850. It overheats playing most new games :\

BTW.. That's actually an old build.

The combat text are still using the old ugly font.. The one on final weekend was a lot better.

Very nice. As someone said in some thread on mmo-champ, heavily stylized, but I like it.
    I might even give it a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love those screenies. I just tuned my 560ti and I wanna make sure I'm not missing anything
    I did: 8x AA, turned on multisampling, turned on 8x supersampling, enable triple buffering and enabled the nVidia V-sync (since it's better than the in game one)
    Didn't miss anything right?

Looks great, thanks for the link. I think even without high res textures the game still looks very lively and quite good.

It's much better looking than wow but pretty meh for a game that is nearly a 2012 title.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    God it makes me laugh when people say "TOR's graphics are subpar, worse than WoW's".
    The graphics on the whole are disappointing for a 2011 (2012 really) game. But the aesthetic of the game's environments are very awesome and BW did a good job on that.

Unfortunately the same can't be said for character models, or the textures up close.

Many of those screenies are of Nar Shadda I believe and BW deserves a 10/10 for the cities.

Thanks for taking the trouble to post the album though
    Last edited by eucatastrophe; 2011-12-11 at 04:00 AM.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dekcahw View Post
    It's much better looking than wow but pretty decent for a game that started graphic production around 2005.
    Fixed that for you friend. Super-tired of that argument.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-12-11 at 04:06 AM.

There's two sets of textures for characters and armor--the one that gets engaged during Conversations and the normal one. The norma one is a bit low res. I'd like to see an option to turn on conversation textures when not in a conversation.

At any rate, the graphics are phenomenal for an accessible MMO. Games like AION were visually stunning at their release but not a lot of people had the systems capable of playing it on max.