Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

People who constantly drink coffee and chain smoke

Seriously, aren't these people ruining themselves completely? They barely eat, they smoke all day. Coffee is like life force to them and they must ingest it in insane amounts each day...

Even me being overweight (not obese) but eating healthy am way healthier then them, are they trying to give themselves cancer or something?

Also talking doesn't help with these people, they are too far gone because of their nicotine and caffeine addictions.

Most of the time they are underweight too because they are not getting the right nutrients.

Your opinion on them?

PS: Not saying you can't smoke or drink coffee, just keep it real. And I don't hate them, stop making up things.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2011-12-22 at 12:37 AM.

My gran who has smoked since 12, drank coffee apparently up to 13times a day, eats a fry-up every morning the full works mind you! She has a 1/2 pint of home-made putcheen every day also.

Guess what she is 109 and full of life! the moral of the story, let people do whatever makes them happy! its nothing to do with you (and who knows they may even outlive you)

10+ Year Old Account
    All the more power to them? If that's how they choose to live their lives, then just let them live it that way.
    "To each his own" is a pretty apt statement in this case. If what they're doing isn't hurting you, just let it go!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    My gran who has smoked since 12, drank coffee apparently up to 13times a day, eats a fry-up every morning the full works mind you! She has a 1/2 pint of home-made putcheen every day also.

Guess what she is 109 and full of life! the moral of the story, let people do whatever makes them happy! its nothing to do with you (and who knows they may even outlive you)
    Anecdotal evidence is quite in fact anecdotal evidence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nkrzx View Post
    wut bout fat ppl?
    Enough of those threads have been made in the past, now about nicotine and caffeine junkies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, at least we don't sit around on video game forums all day hating random groups of people.

brb, need more coffee

Quote Originally Posted by nkrzx View Post
    Anecdotal evidence is quite in fact anecdotal evidence.
    If you pay attention I never put it foward as evidence, it was a story from which to draw a moral, Thus the words... *moral of the story*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post
    Hey, at least we don't sit around on video game forums all day hating random groups of people.

brb, need more coffee
    Who says I hate? I just find it a shame to see them waste away like that.

Assumptions are assumptions.

Not exercising is the equiv of smoking a pack a day in itself.. eat healthy all you want it doesnt make you healthy...and what conversation can you possibly have with someone who smokes and drinks coffee without being a preachy, pompous jerk off? EVERYONE knows smoking is bad.. people make bad choices, it happens...if you were smug enough to come up to me and tell me something lame like "yeh know smoking will kill you" Id prolly tell you to hop on a treamill and mind your business..
    Coolkingler1, youre not wrong..but what do you honestly care?
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2011-12-21 at 11:18 PM.

Deleted
    I smoke n drink coffee and energy drinks all day, still alive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Not exercising is the equiv of smoking a pack a day in itself.. eat healthy all you want it doesnt make you healthy...and what conversation can you possibly have with someone who smokes and drinks coffee without being a preachy, pompous jerk off? EVERYONE knows smoking is bad.. people make bad choices, it happens...if you were smug enough to come up to me and tell me something lame like "yeh know smoking will kill you" Id prolly tell you to hop on a treamill and mind your business..
    Who said I wasn't exercising? Working hard these last few months.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Coolkingler1, youre not wrong..but what do you honestly care?
    Yes. because some of these people are friends of mine and I hate to see them waste away like that.

I think its unfair to assume that people who smoke and drink coffee as well dont eat well or enough... I have the impression that someone who does both of these in excess gotunder your skin and this is your way of ranting..correct me if im wrong here.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    If you pay attention I never put it foward as evidence, it was a story from which to draw a moral, Thus the words... *moral of the story*
    An anecdote is, by definition, anecdotal evidence...

Trying to draw a "moral" from an anecdote, which is in clear disagreement with fact, is precisely what he is criticizing.

It is very easy to draw a line backwards from someone healthy now, and say they have done a bad behavior for x amount of time and have been unharmed. If you did it the proper way, and took the number of people who started those behaviors at the same time, and saw how many made it to the same end point, you'd get a very different result.

Your gran defied the odds. The fact that it is a notable achievement is a sign of how far from ordinary it is for someone to smoke for a significant length of time without negative results.

As far as opinions on the topic go, each person is capable of making their own decisions. Everyone makes unhealthy choices, and it's not my job to judge them, as long as my well-being is left unharmed. But I have no clue why you mention coffee drinking. Anything in excess can be bad, but there are clear signs of positive results from caffeine and coffee. And while there's a benefit to caffeine, there's no benefit to being obese.
    Last edited by Pliers; 2011-12-21 at 11:22 PM.

Drinking coffee is not, in fact, comparable to smoking.

Especially if you drink your coffee black, all you're really ingesting is caffeine, a few calories from the oils in the coffee, and water.

And there's not really any correlation between coffee addiction and malnutrition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pliers View Post
    Your gran defied the odds. The fact that it is a notable achievement is a sign of how far from ordinary it is for someone to smoke for a significant length of time without negative results.
    I guarantee she indeed did experience MANY negative results however dying young happened to not be one of them...

I don't really give a flying fuck what they do, it's their life after all.

I always feel it's worth pointing out that, while smoking does drastically increase your odds of developing cancers (up to a possible factor of 10x), it does not automatically cause cancer, as many seem to believe.

BTW no, personally i don't smoke, decided when i was a kid it was too expensive, lol.

Whenever someone asks me if I know that smoking is bad for me I respond: (with a shocked face and much sarcasm) "Really??? I didn't know that! OMG thanks for telling me!" (I like being an ass to people sometimes)

OT: I am 22, have smoked since I was 18 years old (legal age to buy a pack). On a typical week I will go through about 2 to 3 packs a week (I smoke 100's, economies of scale FTW).
    I also work about 60 to 80 hours a week at my job during which I will probably consume about 15-20 cups (8oz servings) a week which has not affected my sleeping patterns nor do I ever really feel jittery or crash.
    Outside of work, everyday I swim in the pool doing laps for about 30 minutes after lifting weights for about 30 minutes (the gym is my relaxation time to get away from the daily grind of work, some me time). I also run half-marathons and am also a part of my company soccer and basketball team. My doctor has stated I am in great health in a check up I had last month.

Given the above statements of smoking 2-3 packs and drinking 15-20 cups of coffee a week, it is clear that...I don't have any issues living my life doing so. I think the people you're pointing your finger at and judging are those that smoke, drink coffee, and sit on their asses during their down time doing nothing but eating and wasting themselves away.

Additional fact, look it up, there are much more obvious ways to die than just smoking (which also, though I don't agree fully, has no direct correlation with death as said by doctors and scientists) Obesity is a much larger issue and in my mind just as preventable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    I always feel it's worth pointing out that, while smoking does drastically increase your odds of developing cancers (up to a possible factor of 10x), it does not automatically cause cancer, as many seem to believe.

BTW no, personally i don't smoke, decided when i was a kid it was too expensive, lol.
    No, ofcourse it doesnt automaticly cause cancer, if that was true, nobody would smoke. :P But the odds yes, they increase.