Help our guilds Boomie please!

First off, I posted the same thread about our Shadow priest in the priest forum, but it is the exact same situation with our boomkin....:

I have raided with the same group of people for the last 2-3 years and we have never really hit a point where our dps is a *problem*, but we are about at that point....we will be starting Heroic modes soon, and I really need our DPS to step it up. Our Guilds boomkin is decently well geared (380ish iL), and I think she should be pulling a lot more dps than she is at the moment. She usually ends up 16k-18k depending on the fight.

I would link her armory, but I need a few more posts before I can link.....Her Character is Darkqueenjen on server Sargeras.

I wish I had a better log, but this is at least a starting point:

Again, Cannot submit a link yet (world of logs): US Sargeras, Guild: Knights that Say Ni, 12-20 at 19:26.

I DC'ed after Morchok and forgot to restart my combat log so I only grabbed that fight :-(.

Does anyone see anything that is jumping out that she is doing wrong or needs to change? I know she needs to change her helm gem (to grab the bonus), but any other help I can pass along would be appreciated!

Thank you!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enjen/advanced

You can you post links but making spaces like this:

http : // us.battle . net/ wow/ en/character/sargeras/darkqueenjen/advanced

Post the link of the WoL report in that way and i will fix it for you in my next post.

Checking the armory of this boomie, going back in a while.

Az!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Deleted
    i raid as a shadow priest but i have a good friend who plays a boomkin and this is words directly from him;

Many people forget about priorities and timing with a boomkin. With the starsurge glyph you lower the cd of starfall by 5 sec each time you cast it. But there is a catch! In lunar eclipse, starfall does a ton more damage. In solar eclipse, insect swarm and sunfire do more damage. Re-applying dots at crucial times can be a huge boost to your dps. Also on morchok you need to move around at least a bit. If you are not casting something when you could, you are doing it wrong. Moonfire spam is better than nothing when moving behind a pillar on black blood or w/e it was on morchok.

To recap:
    - try and time your starfall for a lunar eclipse. It is ok to have it on cooldown for a moment if you are just about to hit an eclipse!!
    - re-apply insect swarm and cast sunfire at the end of a solar eclipse so they keep ticking a bit more during the hustle to a lunar eclipse.
    - moonfire spam when you have to move.
    - starsurge does less damage than a starfire in lunar eclipse, but you need to think about if you will have a new starfall for the next solar eclipse.
    - dummy-practice. no, i mean it. Dummy-practice. Make the dummy feel pain.
    -HASTE OVER MASTERY
    -SPIRIT GIVES YOU HIT. If you have a resto set with a ton of spirit, you might be over the cap by a huge margin! A boomkin we once pugged was mostly resto geared and had around 35% hit chance.
    -Any hit rating above the cap is wasted dps potential.

Alright that's the information many tend to overlook according to him. Now go get those heroics!

edit: now that i checked the armory: unenchanted stuff: off-hand, cloak, and if im not completely mistaken, he should put pwer torrent on weapon instead of hurricane
    Last edited by mmoc658bbe96bc; 2011-12-29 at 05:15 PM.

Ok, this is huge, she miss 2 enchants on back and off-hand, exceeded on hit cap, her haste is weirdly high, it seems like a LOT of haste, the enchants on the boots, gloves and wrists arent the best ones, the ring1 and trinket1 are awkward, the gemming in her boots, head and weapon is completely wrong, both specs are REALLY bad. She havent almost any reforge, you want to reforge to spirit to 17% hit, haste until caps, mastery and crit respectively.

Lets start with this while you tell us the wol's link:

She should go with a spec like this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...!bYQ!VSiRjQPOm for instant stampeding roar + pers

Or this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...!hYT!VSiRjQPOm 2 pers 2 botg for a bit damage boost. He can switch the points on BOTG to fill Pers in order to get the full 6% reduction but is not mandatory.

In the boots is better to gem red (Brilliant Inferno Ruby) + yellow (Reckless Ember Topaz) gems, in that way she will keep the 80 int gain as she have now but with 20 extra haste, win-win. Enchant them with Lavawalker, is plainly better.

In the head switch the Brilliant Inferno Ruby for a Reckless Ember Topaz, that way the colour socket will match in a 10 int + 20 haste net gain.

In the weapon enchant power torrent, in the wrists 50 int, in the back 50 int, in the offhand 40 int too, you cant miss those enchants because is a LOT of int what they provide.

Az!
    Last edited by Azrael1985; 2011-12-29 at 05:35 PM. Reason: changing the genre of the subject
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Deleted
    Change head`s red gem into 20int/20haste (you waste 10int and 20 haste atm).
    Change boots` one red gem into 20int/20haste (you waste 20haste atm).
    Reforge The Horseman's Signet`s hit rating into mastery.

Also she has only 1 set bonus T12(2).
    Last edited by mmocf3b3cf9807; 2011-12-29 at 05:56 PM.

Here is the link...Apologize, it is only Morchok >.>

http : www . worldoflogs . com / reports / 4103ej6l1o6107rc / analyze / dd / source / ?s=246&e=532

Had to add a lot of spaces in there....

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...e/?s=246&e=532

Her glyphs are wrong too, in one spec she have all the glyphs from resto spec, in the other she have glyph of hurricane who is (Being nice) an completely useless glyph, switch to glyph of focus for a minimal dps gain (But, the only option accord to our current glyphs).

She have a REALLY NICE uptime on Insect Swarm (94%) and decent one on Moonfire/Sunfire (21.1% + 69.9 = 85%), but she only gain 98 eclipse energy in the whole fight?????? That's the problem, she is not switching the eclipses, that's the other reason because she have a HUGELY low uptime on Nature Grasp, also, she have a LOT of mana gain from Dreamstate + Innervate, she is depleting her mana pool and only resisting the whole fight thanks to a couple of Dreamstated Innervates.

The MAIN trouble with this boomkin is that she is doing the rotation in a strange and useless way, she have to apply BOTH dots, always Insect Swarm first, then go with Starsurge and Starfire spam until Solar Eclipse, when she reach solar, start to Wrath spam until BOTH dots drops, apply the dots again and go with Starsurge while she can and Wrath spam until LUNAR eclipse, Starfall-> Starsurge-> Apply both dots when the previous wear off, Starfire spam until Solar Eclipse, repeat until loot.

You have a really nice video guide on the boomkin guide on this subforum about how to do the boomie rotation, maybe you can show her that guide and videos??

/edit: She used 7 starsurges on the whole fight, i bet that she only uses the instant procs, she have a nice uptime on both dots, she should receive a lot of procs too... Let me check my boomkin logs to see how many times i use Starsurge on every fight to tell you exactly how wrong is that.

/edit2: I have 36 starsurges casted from shooting stars procs...

Az!
    Last edited by Azrael1985; 2011-12-29 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fezix View Post
    Change head`s red gem into 20int/20haste (you waste 10int and 20 haste atm).
    Change boots` one red gem into 20int/20haste (you waste 20haste atm).
    Reforge The Horseman's Signet`s hit rating into mastery.
    50 int to back. Power torrent to weapon. 50 int for offhand. 50 int for wrists.

At a quick glance I didn't see her use her treants. And she wants to hard cast starsurge for the eclipses. If she has to hold off casting starsurge for a couple seconds for an eclipse that should help some with dps.

Boomkins suck at single target fights. =(

I'm sorry, what? 98 Eclipse Energy gained throughout the WHOLE fight? That's like 2 Eclipse switches (if she starts at 0...). What is she doing?

Sorry I was reading through this and Az stated haste till caps then mastery then crit.

I was under the impression that while it is important to reach the caps.... even if you do reach them haste>mastery>crit (after hit cap ofc).

Is this true?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by healix View Post
    First off, I posted the same thread about our Shadow priest in the priest forum, but it is the exact same situation with our boomkin....:

I have raided with the same group of people for the last 2-3 years and we have never really hit a point where our dps is a *problem*, but we are about at that point....we will be starting Heroic modes soon, and I really need our DPS to step it up. Our Guilds boomkin is decently well geared (380ish iL), and I think she should be pulling a lot more dps than she is at the moment. She usually ends up 16k-18k depending on the fight.

I would link her armory, but I need a few more posts before I can link.....Her Character is Darkqueenjen on server Sargeras.

I wish I had a better log, but this is at least a starting point:

Again, Cannot submit a link yet (world of logs): US Sargeras, Guild: Knights that Say Ni, 12-20 at 19:26.

I DC'ed after Morchok and forgot to restart my combat log so I only grabbed that fight :-(.

Does anyone see anything that is jumping out that she is doing wrong or needs to change? I know she needs to change her helm gem (to grab the bonus), but any other help I can pass along would be appreciated!

Thank you!
    you arent getting anywhere near hard modes with that type of gear. normal mode DS is more geared torwards people with their gear minimum average around the 391's from heroic fl...

to be honest looking through all your raider's and their gear you want to look into heroic firelands and keep killing the first 4 bosses in DS to get further into DS. even if firelands is old content theres still a few best in slot items. like for ur boomy the heroic shoulders off shannox are BIS till heroic tier from DS.
    Last edited by sizzlinsauce; 2011-12-29 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hopezero View Post
    Sorry I was reading through this and Az stated haste till caps then mastery then crit.

I was under the impression that while it is important to reach the caps.... even if you do reach them haste>mastery>crit (after hit cap ofc).

Is this true?
    It depends about what haste cap you want to reach on your dots:

http://theincbear.com/math/resto-haste-breakpoints

It's for resto, i know, but in the bottom you have the haste breakpoints for extra ticks for IS and SF/MF, im aiming to get 3101 haste cap +1 haste for GCD soft haste cap with NG proc. When you have more mastery is when your dots hits for a lot more, cause we almost dont use uneclipsed dots (I dont, at least). The better you do your rotation, the better mastery becomes.

Az!

First of all I'm not sure that you guys understand what the eclipse energy gains in WoL are. 98 eclipse energy gained does not necessarily mean she only gained that much the whole fight, check your own logs and I'm sure you'll see what I mean.

Spec: Have her copy mine (Sepe@ner'zhul) Lunar shower has been crap since 4.2
    Enchanting: Make sure all her gear is enchanted...and with the best enchants. Fix bracer enchant -> 50int.
    Reforging: Over hit cap = waste. She's prioritizing crit>mastery when it should be mastery>crit. Basically what you want to do is reforge everything you can to haste, then reforge crit first then mastery to hit cap, then anything leftover reforge to mastery. You can send her to wowreforge.com
    Gems: Go for any +10int with orange, any +20int with purple.
    The heart of ignacious is completely awful. Get her a Volcano card until she can get something from DS
    Make sure she understands how dots work with int/haste procs.

A lot of the people here have some poor advice :x

When someone is grossly underperforming it's not due to having the wrong spec, enchant or gems. It's about how you play. Watching some videos of good players might help.

Deleted
    Ok so BIG problems I see here...

Why isn't she using 4pc t12? 9 majordomo kills she must have the shoulders?? It's BiS regardless of ilvl until 4pc t13.

I would drop lunar shower if I was him/her, some fights you want to sit in solar for a while! Glyphs are wrong as people have previously mentioned as are enchants. But we suck at single tar tbh.

Basics which have already been stated likely:

Enchants - Power Torrent on weapon, int on OH, int on Bracers, I prefer runspeed/mastery on boots but that isn't as important.

Spec - Lunar shower is a sub-optimal talent and those 3 points should be put elsewhere. Where is a choice she can make, but LS inhibits your ability to control your solar eclipse phase and is a dps loss on many fights.

Gear - She's a little over the hit cap and could probably reforge closer to 1742, but that's not going to be a huge difference. The t-12 4 set would be huge for her, but if she doesn't have it, she doesn't have it so recognize that that is going to show up on her numbers.

Rotation - I suspect her biggest problem is two-fold. First of all, dot uptime and proper refreshing are usually the issues. When you refresh will depend on things like haste and t12 4 set, but your dots should never fall off and ideally should be refreshed at the beginning of an eclipse to trigger Nature's Grace. IS should always be refreshed first because MF/SF takes better advantage of the NG buff. (another note is to always cast one wrath in solar or starfire in lunar before refreshing IS just to make sure the eclipse is actually up) However, I have had good results trying to have them staggered and only refreshing one dot at the beginning of an eclipse and the other before NG drops and alternating this way. My haste allows me to have IS running out just as an eclipse starts so I don't lose uptime and then I refresh MF/SF before I lose NG. Either way, tracking and maximizing NG is a good thing.

All that said, her dps seems lower than these issues should account for, so my guess is she just doesn't press her buttons fast enough and anticipate her window for casting well enough. Quite honestly, most times when I find dps to be really low, this is as much the problem as anything. Look at it this way, if your average spell takes 2 seconds to cast and you are 1/2 a second slow in casting it, that will affect your dps more than casting the wrong thing in .1 second. She probably needs to be pressing her buttons earlier and with more urgency. If you lose even a 1/4 of a second/spell when you are slow casting it that will be in the neighborhood of a 10% dps loss. It's not something any gemming or speccing can fix.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can probably replace the Horseman's Signet for the VP vendor one.
    It's a 397 ring that also gives hit/haste and allows for a gem. <Seal of the Grand Architect>

I personally don't have mana issues during raids, but I don't know if your druid does or not.
    Because I don't, I don't take Moonglow. You can probably stick that into Perserverance for reduced magical damage taken.
    If you do, I believe 3/3 Furor is more beneficial than 3/3 Moonglow due to mana returns from Euphoria and Innervate.

I also don't find Lunar Shower that attractive. The only fight I use it on is Yor'sahj the Unsleeping. Pushing an eclipse for free mana when the Blue slimes turn into mana voids.

I'm not that great of a boomkin. Just take what I've said with 1/2 a grain of salt.