Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarella View Post
    I played a monk as my main in Guild Wars 1. I may have liked collecting bows on my ranger or building up my awesome minion army as a Necromancer, or maybe just solo gruul farming on my warrior to pass the time.

But ultimately, I played a healing monk.

Why would I play a game which has actually said I cannot play the same in GW2 as I could in GW1? Why would I want to play a game which has basically turned around and said "sorry, you cannot play your game." So next time someone says "awww man, you should play GW2 it's awesome" I shall look at them and ask them if the game added healers yet.
    Check out the guardian. Anet made them to specifically fit the playstyle of GW1's monk players.
    Guild Wars 2 Guardian replaces Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    The main reason why Im not intrested in GW2 is because they do not plan to have mounts at all. Thats a feature I consider to be essential in the MMORPG game that I play. I do not mean having 500 mounts like WOW. I mean having A mount. And thats that.
    There are teleport spots, just like rift (Think ember isle). No need for mounts for a speed increase.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I didnt like gw1, thought it was quite horrible with all enchants and shit. Was probably +3 years since i played it, i remember some 55 monk or whatever its called.

Nonetheless I'm still gonna try gw2 cause I don't know what to expect, it looks cool and it might be even better than what i hope for. free to play anyways so worth a shot! Cant be worse than rift and swtor

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    I didnt like gw1, thought it was quite horrible with all enchants and shit. Was probably +3 years since i played it, i remember some 55 monk or whatever its called.

Nonetheless I'm still gonna try gw2 cause I don't know what to expect, it looks cool and it might be even better than what i hope for. free to play anyways so worth a shot! Cant be worse than rift and swtor
    Take the time and read this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-uninitiated

You will be surprised that GW1 and GW2 only share a name.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    Some people do not have 30 minutes a day to walk to an event and walk back to town. Some people may only have an hour to play and would prefer to spend most of that hour doing something other than trying to get from point A to point B and back. I understand they want people to experience the map, but once you have seen every inch of the map 5 times over you probably will get awfully tired of walking past the same trees and rocks just to get where you are going.
    That's why they have quick travel after you've been some where once.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    The main reason why Im not intrested in GW2 is because they do not plan to have mounts at all. Thats a feature I consider to be essential in the MMORPG game that I play. I do not mean having 500 mounts like WOW. I mean having A mount. And thats that.
    Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    Some people do not have 30 minutes a day to walk to an event and walk back to town. Some people may only have an hour to play and would prefer to spend most of that hour doing something other than trying to get from point A to point B and back. I understand they want people to experience the map, but once you have seen every inch of the map 5 times over you probably will get awfully tired of walking past the same trees and rocks just to get where you are going.
    let me introduce the both of you to something that will alleviate your fast travel concerns: GW2 Waypoint System
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

some of you guys should really start to watch videos, here is a nice compilation of
    user's favourite GW2-Videos:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...k-your-friends

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post

Oh, I remember the 55hp monk, never made one though. I often ran a 55 SS necro instead to farm UW smites and hydras, ah the good ol' days

Never bothered getting a 55hp monk, ritualists always worked just as fine to farm with, not to mention the permasin build that even when hit with the nerfbat manages to pull off some pretty crazy things.

Also, guild wars 1 has done 1 thing right, I don't have to rely on semi-afking elves to experience the content: The best MMO is simply one that doesn't force me to play with other people.

The best thing about GW1 was figuring out how to create a build to break their zone "puzzles". There were a lot of build on PVx to this end or that, but the theory craft of X/Y/Z skill bar was pretty fun. Esp. soling hard modes or going far into the Underworld in a bizarre build.

Dual class system was quite good. My favorite of the past MMO had a triple class system. Much fun was had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I miss the days of 55hp monking, whoever came up with that build was a genious

did drop ecto prices from 60-80k all the way down, though
    Doing UW back in the early days was awesome, people ragequitting because they didn't get the first ecto.
    I miss the gw2 random loot drop system, so much better than greed/need/pass. No ninja'ing whatsoever
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    I will try GW2...but honestly not expecting to much from it since I know most of the list of special features are BS. The dynamic events will most likely be Rift-ish, wich is fun...for the first 2 weeks.

Not bashing the game though, I give every game a fair chance. (GW1 sucked *** imo though :P) If by small chance the game turns out to be good, well...yay? I feel sorry for fanboys/haters...both sides will be dissapointed and missing out at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was great fun making builds in GW1, will probably be the thing I miss the most.

This guy is extremely excited for it.
    Been waiting for it with my buddy for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarella View Post
    I played a monk as my main in Guild Wars 1. I may have liked collecting bows on my ranger or building up my awesome minion army as a Necromancer, or maybe just solo gruul farming on my warrior to pass the time.

But ultimately, I played a healing monk.

Why would I play a game which has actually said I cannot play the same in GW2 as I could in GW1? Why would I want to play a game which has basically turned around and said "sorry, you cannot play your game." So next time someone says "awww man, you should play GW2 it's awesome" I shall look at them and ask them if the game added healers yet.
    Yeah, because the game revolves only on Monks and Healers doesn't it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The best thing about GW1 was figuring out how to create a build to break their zone "puzzles". There were a lot of build on PVx to this end or that, but the theory craft of X/Y/Z skill bar was pretty fun. Esp. soling hard modes or going far into the Underworld in a bizarre build.

Dual class system was quite good. My favorite of the past MMO had a triple class system. Much fun was had.
    I totally can acknowledge the challenge coming from "solving" the dungeons. But.. it was just not my cup of tea. I didn't like the fact I needed to change the build by 180 degrees every time I wanted to do a dungeon. Sure, they were your "all in one" builds, but in most cases they were sub optimal at best and you were making the game harder than it should be.

But yeah as an objective opinion I can say GW1 had its own appeal. It was impressive how much work they've put in to a skill system. It was just not something I was looking for. I prefer more dynamic combat (coming from FPS games), so WoW's pvp was rather slow, but GW1 was like half of speed of that ;s.

10+ Year Old Account
    so when will it be released? I cant wait.
    Someone said it will possibly released in February. but yesterday i red in a Magazin "summer 2012".

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Forget February. We would be lucky if the Open Beta started by then, but even that is unlikely.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    So I finally took a look at this thread, realizing that it had somehow reached 32 pages...

Is this some kind of troll trap or something? I suppose the level of intelligence of trolls is akin to an insect - ohhhh shiny light! Now if only we could zap them all.

Seriously though, this is just a 32 page flamewar, with a logical conclusion:
    1. Excited for GW2? Okay, post in the other threads here.
    2. Not excited for GW2? Kindly GTFO to a different subforum and stop trolling.
    Like the saying goes, "all press is good press." Even if they flame, trolls still bump this thread to the top of the forum. But more importantly, they bump it and it can be seen on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    i red in a Magazin "summer 2012".
    This oozes with credibility in so many different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    It was great fun making builds in GW1, will probably be the thing I miss the most.
    Ditto. I quite enjoyed making team builds (and not looking at PVX). It was my favorite part of the game. While I think there will be some of that in GW2, it won't be nearly to the degree it was in GW.