Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[TV] Why are creators of Scrubs so genius?

Thought I already saw the sad moments, Ben's funeral, Dr Cox losing 3 patients and Laverne's death, then I see this:

I let out some tears TBH.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-01-21 at 07:31 PM.

TBH I don't see what's sad about it. Just a baptism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Severusss View Post
    TBH I don't see what's sad about it. Just a baptism.
    Not sad, but the perfect background song etc.

I often wondered what Scrubs would be like if it had more touching moment's like this which is one of my favorite episodes. It's really a great series and not many people give it credit It can have some good humor and some very touching moment's and i simply believe they worked hard to make you connect with the character + event's possibly based on their own past experiences that are shared in memory of loved one's.

I've never really thought about your question but simply, They do their job well and can tell a great story

Deleted
    Scrubs was one of the best shows, certainly the best from this comedy slash serious story category (like HIMYM etc). I'll never forget some of these touching scenes. This is one of the weaker ones though ;-).

They really screwed up towards the end there though with the last season so they just cut it in the middle...

Scrubs wasnt bad, at least the first two seasons. Went straight downhill from there though, and the new spin off is just terrible.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Must... resist... urge... to call... OP... a girls name....

Dr. Cox rocks

Deleted
    scrubs so fucking epic

Deleted
    Tbh i think this is better:

It should have ended there last season was just horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post

It was origionally meant to end here, and the last season of Scrubs was meant to be something like "Scrubs Jr." I believe. But they couldn't use that name or something, so they shoved it in as a Scrubs season.

Also to answer the OP's question: I have no idea. They just done their job perfectly :3.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post

There are so many Videos on Youtube showing that scene. Why did you pick the one with the worst quality? XD

I would link one myself but i can't due to my postcounter

OT:

I Love scrubs so fucking much <3

The best show i have ever seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    There are so many Videos on Youtube showing that scene. Why did you pick the one with the worst quality? XD
    Dident realy want to look around for better quality just wanted to make a fast post

15+ Year Old Account
    Still find the Dr Cox killing 3 patients the best episode (My Lunch)

and My Finale and My Screw Up come darn close too it seriously the best 3 episodes of all of the scrubs seasons (only the first 8 coz 9 isnt originaly the 9th seasons since its a spinoff and only has the name scrubs in it because ABC forced Bill to call it that)

Man i wish they would have stayed on NBC they would have had more viewers then they had on ABC they could have easily made 2 more seasons.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2012-01-21 at 11:12 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    It's what I love about Scrubs, it's perhaps the only (that I've seen, mind you) that can stay funny as hell and then suddenly hit you right in the face with something like "My Screw Up" (the ep when Ben dies). I've honest to god seen this episode at least 10 times and I can't do it without crying my freakin eyes out... Why do I care so much about a character that has been in how many shows? 3?

I'll admit that I liked the show right until the end of 6th season, 7th wasn't terrible either, but from 4-7 it felt to me like it was ALL about the humour, and not moments like these. I like to live in a blissful state of ignorance where the 8th and 9th season don't exist, but I will say this... the ending of season 8 (and the show) was near enough perfect.

To me, Scrubs is a perfect blend between comedy and drama. It's my favorite show by far, and I loved all the original 8 seasons (the 9th shall never be spoken of!).

And there is one thing that I like; no stupid laugh track. I seriously don't need the fake audience to tell me when to laugh, I can figure that out myself. Although I did like the episode where they made a parody of the laugh track.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This show was awful. One of the worst on tv. There haven't been any good comedies on since the 70's. Not since M.A.S.H.

I liked scrubs, it had such light hearted humour with some very interesting messages behind certain episodes. There were a lot of scenes that were surprisingly very moving which is something I never expected when I watched the first episode, I thought "this is just another typical comedy to waste some time on".

Deleted
    If you want people to take that reply seriously you should probably give us a few reasons instead of going all "it was better back then" on our asses. For being from the 70's, M.A.S.H. wasn't horrible though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleren View Post
    This show was awful. One of the worst on tv. There haven't been any good comedies on since the 70's. Not since M.A.S.H.
    I strongly beg to differ. M.A.S.H was a great show, but I'd hardly say there hasn't been any worthwhile comedies since. Community.. Modern Family are two fantastic comedies out right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    I personally found Lavern's death to be the most moving episode of the entire show. Too bad they brought on her twin sister >.>.

[COLOR="red"]

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I strongly beg to differ. M.A.S.H was a great show, but I'd hardly say there hasn't been any worthwhile comedies since. Community.. Modern Family are two fantastic comedies out right now.
    ^ This. Quite a few good comedy shows have actually come out in recent years.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-01-22 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Fixed post