Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The END of YouTube Reply Girls... thank goodness!

Reply Girls.

Anyone who regularly watches popular YouTube channels like YogsCast, RWJ, etc will know exactly what I'm talking about.

As of only a few days ago, YouTube has modified the system that determines the "related videos" which appear on the right hand side of the window. It no longer selects videos based on number of clicks, but rather on the number of people who actually watched the entire video.

Since most people only clicked on "Reply Girl" videos to "dislike" them and leave a hateful (and well deserved, IMO) comment, that means Reply Girl videos are no longer being suggested as related content.

Go try it right now! Watch any of the most viewed videos on YouTube's front page and you will see..... NO BOOBS!

THANK YOU, YOUTUBE!!!

/happydance

Last edited by Howard Moon; 2012-03-16 at 04:23 PM.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Holy Jesus. Good stuff.

but but i loved the teen tits

Quote Originally Posted by Degz View Post
    but but i loved the teen tits
    Then go ahead and subscribe to their amazing channel :P

*starts clapping slowly with a satisfied expression on his face* Wonderful... Awesome... At last... Dis be great news, mon.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Reply Girls.

Anyone who regularly watches popular YouTube channels like YogsCast, RWJ, etc will know exactly what I'm talking about.

As of only a few days ago, YouTube has modified the system that determines the "related videos" which appear on the right hand side of the window. It no longer selects videos based on number of clicks, but rather on the number of people who actually watched the entire video.

Since most people only clicked on "Reply Girl" videos to "dislike" them and leave a hateful (and well deserved, IMO) comment, that means Reply Girl videos are no longer being suggested as related content.

Go try it right now! Watch any of the most viewed videos on YouTube's front page and you will see..... NO BOOBS!

THANK YOU, YOUTUBE!!!

/happydance
    I keep seeing that the related videos to some stuff is utterly unrelated still.

Deleted
    Amazing how this problem went on for months, and they had to be poked and prodded by the community for ages to fix it.

The thing I don't get is how a business like Google takes so long to fix something when not only does it negatively impact users, it was also costing them money. Paying spammers to spam on your website due to your bad design is such a massive fail it's unbelievable. Did noone on the youtube team care that they were burning money and pissing off users?

By the way don't worry, there are already scripts that can be spammed to give a video loads of views. Place your bets on how long Google takes to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by john67 View Post
    it was also costing them money. Paying spammers to spam on your website due to your bad design is such a massive fail it's unbelievable.
    I'm not sure if it was costing them money tbh. Google gets money from adds whether the adds appear on a YogsCast video or one of the reply girls' video, don't they? Not an expert on how that works, though.

It was definitely costing money to YogsCast etc, though (using YogsCast as an example here). The right sidebar would just show boobs instead of other YogsCast videos, thus reducing the number of potential views that their videos get.

I never look at "related videos", and I never cared about reply videos. So... meh.

Deleted
    About time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't aware of this phenomena. Oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    they never really bothered me as I am already subbed to Yoggscast and so new videos from them were sent to me, and the replygirls were not... I always saw them there but I never clicked on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    they never really bothered me as I am already subbed to Yoggscast and so new videos from them were sent to me, and the replygirls were not... I always saw them there but I never clicked on them.
    You mean to say that I don't have to click something just because it's there? Same boat as you, the problem doesn't actually exist.

they should also let us see the dislike/like bar of the video when we hover our cursor over the thumbnail.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    THANK GOD!

HAIL TO THE HOLY MOTHER FOR FINALLY RELEASING US FROM THIS SUFFERING!

Seriously though, better late than never!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh about time, Like I was so sick of seeing those every time.

Also, I recommend this addon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ0obzYBEcs
    It prefetches Youtube ratings for suggested videos!

---------- Post added 2012-03-16 at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    they should also let us see the dislike/like bar of the video when we hover our cursor over the thumbnail.
    Check out the add-on I linked (no IE, but there is one for Chrome/FF/Safari)

Deleted
    they still earned thousands of $$ just with that crap. that's the really sad part about it.

She has a whole palette of the same dresses.....overdoing it slightly -.-