Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I don't think this is the Pandaren mount, I think it is a Pandaren faction mount like the Nether Drakes
    The Pandaren will also have a racial ground mount
    if by ground mount you mean Yaks? then i could completely agree.

Deleted
    There is a simular daily quest in winterspring where it takes 20 days doing a daily quest getting a new mount there.

Pandaren won't have to do the 20 dailies for the mount, they said the dailies are for others who want the mount. And I'm fairly certain these mounts are the racial mounts, not another faction. In the interviews, they refer to the pandaren we play as the Pandaren, where they refer to the other factions by that faction name. And then says "The Pandaren have trained and raised these cloud serpents as mounts."
    Edit: Scratched that first part, mistook the Challenge mode mount description for this mount.
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-03-19 at 07:33 PM.

WTH? are you kidding me? Talk about judging something you haven't even seen or gotten enough info on. jeez...

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 03:33 PM ----------

omg. is your avatar jimmy urine? =3 (The Madgod)
    Last edited by BrokenHearthstone; 2012-03-19 at 07:34 PM.
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    I think its annoying that they expect us to do a DAILY QUEST 20 times to be able to ride one.

All i can say is thank god i have a store bought mount, otherwise i may just farm satchels for a mount and save it for my panda.
    uhm....what? Nether ray, nether drakes, Argent tourny, this is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkjester56 View Post
    uhm....what? Nether ray, nether drakes, Argent tourny, this is nothing new.
    don't forget the 4.2 mount, ( i forget what its called, its from the molten front dailies)
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vostoyec View Post
    I think it's safe to assume that they're visually different from the wind serpents we might be thinking of. The press release (below) describes them as "dragon-like", and I imagine that the developers will make sure they're hefty enough to carry a full-grown Pandaren. Perhaps the name will go through another iteration to further separate the mounts from the slithery, skinny wind serpents in our minds.

The cloud serpents are an intelligent race of dragon-like beings inhabiting the island. They exist in a wide array of shimmering colors. Some may be the bright green of the treetops through which they fly, while others may be the sparkling blue of the stream or the shocking crimson of flame -- their beauty always complementing their beloved land. Pandaren will often raise the playful creatures from hatchling to adulthood, as their cleverness and speed make them excellent mounts. While a handful have become corrupt or dangerous, the vast majority coexist happily with the other inhabitants of the island.
    I am guessing they have a strong resemblance to the Heart of the Aspects currently being sold! If you remove the wings, they are almost oriental gold dragon, almost.

Deleted
    It's defo a fying/land mount on par with hearth of the aspects.

I lloved the venomhide ravasaur dailies to obtain that schmexy beast, I hope there'll be a bit more interesting dailies instead of feeding/dressing the baby ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, I'm confused. Is this thing the pandaren racial mount, like troll raptors? Or is it a faction reward, like nether rays?
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Amy View Post

Lets hope its something more then this.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Cloud_Serpent
    Wasn't Hakkar the Soul Flayer like this too, or part of this same creature type?
    I can't wait to pick a red Cloud Serpent for my Pandaren.
    For the Horde!

I don't think Pandarian Cloud Serpents are the same as Wind Serpents.

Since chinese dragons would just not fit in with lore Blizzard are probably going with that these are just a kind of subspecies of Dragons. They even mentioned that they come in the same colours as normal dragons. They'll probably look similar to the Heart of the Aspects.

Wasn't Hakkar the Soul Flayer like this too, or part of this same creature type?
    I can't wait to pick a red Cloud Serpent for my Pandaren.
    Hakkar is the wind serpent Loa/ancient (or animal god).
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-03-19 at 08:10 PM.

Whatever it is, I hope it has a normal walking/running/idle animation. Mounts that are constantly flapping (even on the ground) get very annoying after a while. But at least wait until they're shown before the "i am disappoint" nonsense, please?

Cloud Serpents

* They are the Pandaren's mount of choice.
    * You can raise your own over the course of roughly 20 days.
    * You first will pick an egg and color to gain a tiny pet that will follow you.
    * After doing daily quests with this pet, it will become a full size dragon that you can ride.
    * Once you can ride the dragon you must do more quests to train it, such as racing through stone pillars as the Pandaren in the stands cheer you on.
    Here: The press event thing even refers to them as dragons.

I'm sure they will be more similar to the current store bought dragon. At the same time it's expected seeing as cloud dragons are part of that culture.

Imagine this with wings and probably flying.

This mount comes from the still development The Secret World MMO.

I assume the mount will be a flying mount seeing this Pandaria artwork (top-left corner):

Last edited by Z3ROR; 2012-03-19 at 08:26 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Imagine this with wings and probably flying:

This mount comes from the still development The Secret World MMO.
    That does not look anything like the secret world O.o .... Granted the url says so but.... Damn! That's an ancient SS

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

1) Mount of Choice doesn't equal "racial mount" (Racial Mount is that thing a faction gets at lvl 20).
    2) It's the reward for a level 90 daily quest chain, it can't be the lvl 20 racial mount.
    3) It's a flying mount, it can't be a racial mount.
    4) There is a german interview, in which tom Chilton is talking about mounts. We'll have Yak Mounts, Mushan-Mounts and that the Pandaren Racial Mount is going to be the "Dragon Turtle Mount".
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2012-03-19 at 08:33 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    1) Mount of Choice doesn't equal "racial mount" (Racial Mount is that thing a faction gets at lvl 20).
    2) It's the reward for a level 90 daily quest chain, it can't be the lvl 20 racial mount.
    3) It's a flying mount, it can't be a racial mount.
    4) There is a german interview, in which tom Chilton is talking about mounts. We'll have Yak Mounts, Mushan-Mounts and that the Pandaren Racial Mount is going to be the "Dragon Turtle Mount".
    Uhm.... Have you seen the frontpage? It clearly says all over that the pandaren mount is the serpent thing.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    That's a stretch. There's never been a race that can choose their faction before, so making obtaining their racial mount slightly different doesn't seem like too big a leap to me.

As for the level requirement, the store-bought mounts can be used by level 20 characters as well. So multiple speeds/flight isn't something new.

The evidence of how they are is in the video. The Jade Forest. 0:24. Upper left of the screen in the background. 6 of them flying around the front of the Jade Tower.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA