Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoroar View Post
    You can if you're mounted, though you are dismounted as well.
    this opens so much new opportunities! thx <3

It's so surprising people still don't know that! D:

Deleted
    If you sit on your mount in mid-air and have it so button press cancels flying you can lifegrip the person up into the air

Deleted
    i was able to heal up valithria dreamwalker in one global cooldown using void shift

w w w . worldoflogs . c o m / reports/b19nlwgc41ra8bfr/dashboard/?s=821&e=830

that definitely needs to be nerfed.

Desperate Prayer and Angelic Bulwark are rather bland talents compared to Void Shift. Heck, Void Shift heals for nearly as much as Desperate Prayer - you just need not to be alone. The only real benefit of Desperate Prayer is that the cooldown is a bit shorter, but Void Shift more than makes up for that in that it can save other people than yourself.

Void Shift is great fun, but it's more than just a self-survivability talent, and as such it unbalances the tier. It would make more sense to make Void Shift the level 87 ability and put the Guise thingy in its place in the tree...

That's true. Angelic Bulwark and Desperate Prayer are both self-survivability talents while Void Shift can be used as an emergency heal cd.

I think Void Shift could fit in the level 45 tier since they're all healing output related. That way, the choices would be like this:
    -Void Shift as a single-target (mostly tank) emergency heal cd (it just needs some dps thing for Shadow like the other two talents).
    -Archangel is a nice healing% buff cd, preferred for AoE healing phases.
    -From Darkness, Comes Light is a nice passive healing proc for those who don't like using cd tools.

Then, dump Spectral Guise where Void Shift used to be, since it's kinda a survivability talent like Desperate Prayer and Angelic Bulwark. Finally, that leaves us room for a new level 87 ability. What do you guys think? The only potential issue I see is taking Void Shift + Desperate Prayer would be too strong a combo for PvP. It's kinda okay in PvE since smart healers would know when to risk them dropping to low hp.
    Last edited by Prod; 2012-04-02 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    I'm thinking a void shift -> desperate prayer (assuming it heals as much as it does on live) would be essentially like a LoH
    Even though this doesn't work (as someone else mentioned) I'm thinking void shift will trigger blessed resilience.
    So, VS -> Bind won't be too bad

think about pvp.... get really low... 10% or so.... mind control someone.... then voidshift them....... you get 100% life and they are the one really low.... you can then silence them if their heals mind spike/mindblast, shadow word death x2....... win

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Shadowfiend
    /cast [mod: Shift, target=Shadowfiend] Void Shift

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoria View Post
    think about pvp.... get really low... 10% or so.... mind control someone.... then voidshift them....... you get 100% life and they are the one really low.... you can then silence them if their heals mind spike/mindblast, shadow word death x2....... win
    Someone thought of this before; you'd need two priests; one to MC the target so the other can VS it, because trying to cast Void Shift on your own MC target would presumably cancel your MC.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Shadowfiend
    /cast [mod: Shift, target=Shadowfiend] Void Shift

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 06:01 PM ----------

Someone thought of this before; you'd need two priests; one to MC the target so the other can VS it, because trying to cast Void Shift on your own MC target would presumably cancel your MC.
    void shift is instant... you can always cast instant spells on your own mc'd target.... i always did it with pom... gs... running people off cliffs jumping and casting levitate on them....... takes them longer to get back to that place cause they don't think to cancel levitate so quickly....

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way, you'd be silly not to get void shift over the alternatives. Heck, I'd still use it like a desperate prayer, just cast it on one of my fellow healers with full hp

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=void+shift
    there are videos (eg by Hydramist and Theed) where the MC - VS Combo ist used, so it works, at least now it still works ^^

You can also really help your opposite faction on citybosses, I dismounted and took falldamge, then voidshifted Varian, dealing ~266 million dmg to him (Hydra did ~400 million damage to Baine)

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoria View Post
    void shift is instant... you can always cast instant spells on your own mc'd target.... i always did it with pom... gs... running people off cliffs jumping and casting levitate on them....... takes them longer to get back to that place cause they don't think to cancel levitate so quickly....
    Hrm, I thought they fixed that. I haven't been able to perform MC -> Lifegrip -> Scream since 4.2

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rincy View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=void+shift
    there are videos (eg by Hydramist and Theed) where the MC - VS Combo ist used, so it works, at least now it still works ^^

You can also really help your opposite faction on citybosses, I dismounted and took falldamge, then voidshifted Varian, dealing ~266 million dmg to him (Hydra did ~400 million damage to Baine)
    This is brilliant.

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 07:13 PM ----------

Anyone else feel that in the context of PvP this spell will be more a source of grief than anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    [Void Shift] is way more of a warlock thing than a priest thing.
    The problem is... What is a shadow priest thing?

For now, a shadow priest is a very 'basic' caster with shadow spells. Two direct damage spells, two dots (three with mind flay), a little and clunky 'healing through damage' and 'mind manipulation' concepts. A warlock does this kind of things, too. And much, much more.

The only things that a shadow priest has for now is the " fade/apparition/'be a shadow' " concept, that is not too well represented. Also, a shadow priest has 'holy utilities', but that's the kind of thing that I don't think that sould really be considered, since is a possibility, but not too much a shadow peculiarity...

I know that warlock is a class and spriest is a spec, but again the problem is that shadow feels too separated from the other priests specs to say that 'it's still a priest, it feels like a priest', imho...

Quote Originally Posted by Naga Coatl View Post
    I know that warlock is a class and spriest is a spec, but again the problem is that shadow feels too separated from the other priests specs to say that 'it's still a priest, it feels like a priest', imho...
    A shadow priest should be an Inquisitor (Think 'Spanish Inquisition') that has ties to the light, yet doesn't confine themselves to live by such a strict moral code.

That being said, Void Shift is a perfect example of the lack of moral code for Spriests; You take the life of another to further your own, or another who is of greater value/usage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well nomatter what you could still fuck with people in bg unless they make it completely unusable in there. So if you are fighting someone and then are on low hp and another passes by use it on them to get back up
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Botanica View Post
    Yeah, I think its going to be a great talent, someone in the raid is dying, you have full health & void shift. I'm looking forward to it.
    It's also an easy way to heal as shadow without losing shadowform the way it currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Actually it's been confirmed that currently on the beta one priest can MC someone and then cast Void Shift... it "shouldn't" work that way but currently it does.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Fly up and dismount to take fall damage.
    2. Void shift and fly up and life grip someone in your group.
    3. ???.
    4. Profit.

Yea, I did this on the king in SW. It's pretty broken atm. I went ahead and also Void Shifted some shadow priests doing DPS tests on target dummies. Always fun seeing someone SWDeath themselves into oblivion

Deleted
    Hmm, could be quite effective in PvP as any spec to summon your Shadowfiend and get a full heal from it. Seems interesting, I wonder what the final limitations on it will be.
    Last edited by mmocf05116bedc; 2012-04-02 at 11:01 PM.