Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The Rift GMs needs a medal

Ok so let me brief you here. I played this game last summer for 2 months, I quit like in september. For few months ago we were given 3 days extra play time because some hacking stuff had happened (that was like 4 months ago? ) and i went online and thought that i'd never get back to the game so i sold all my t2 gear and the 4 set crafted gear and gave it all away. i gave all my stuffs in the bank and my plat away to some random and said goodbye. But yesterday i decided to play again and didnt thought about that i had given all my things away so when i can online i was all naked. I was sad but it was my fault (i even deleted my character as well after that , but i had a 50 tank as well with full t2 gear and 2 crafted peices so ive been playing on him for 1 day until i decided to make a ticket and ask for my items back. I thought that it should be impossible and i asked at least to give me my gear because plat is harder to give back since i traded it.

but 7 hours later since the ticket today I logged back in again and saw my cleric healer in the list. I was like, ok either they have just undeleted it, so i hoped that my gear was back. I came online and pressed C and it was all there!! I went to the bank and all my stuffs that i had given away was there, all my platinum was there. Everything is back to normal

This is the best service i've ever seen. even better than blizzards.

It doesn't take long to realize that Trion WANT you playing Rift. Outside of just giving you random free stuffz, they will do their best to placate a well-meaning individual.

Glad to see you're back and at full strength!

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    It doesn't take long to realize that Trion WANT you playing Rift. Outside of just giving you random free stuffz, they will do their best to placate a well-meaning individual.

Glad to see you're back and at full strength!
    Basically this here.

Deleted
    Well yes I agree, but they are doing it well, don't you think?

Quite.

I've only had to deal with Trion 4 times. Twice, i was reporting a level 6 bot who was farming/AHing Carmintium ore in shimmersand, and both characters were gone two days later (no more level 6s in Shimmersand, at all). After that, i reported a bot farming leather in Stillmoor, and that character was un-whoable the next day. The final time I contacted a GM was over a raid drop I'd been charged DKP for. I couldn't find the item and was afraid I'd DE'd it at some point in time after the raid. Within an hour I had a response that I wasn't the winner of the drop, and that if my guild wanted it passed to me, the winner need only contact support to have it transferred over. This was a week after the raid.

Nothing major or unbelievable, but every time I've had need of Trion, they've been quick to respond and extremely easy to work with. I'd never had any problems with Blizzard's GMs, but I rarely saw action within 24 hours, let alone 1 hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Quite.

I've only had to deal with Trion 4 times. Twice, i was reporting a level 6 bot who was farming/AHing Carmintium ore in shimmersand, and both characters were gone two days later (no more level 6s in Shimmersand, at all). After that, i reported a bot farming leather in Stillmoor, and that character was un-whoable the next day. The final time I contacted a GM was over a raid drop I'd been charged DKP for. I couldn't find the item and was afraid I'd DE'd it at some point in time after the raid. Within an hour I had a response that I wasn't the winner of the drop, and that if my guild wanted it passed to me, the winner need only contact support to have it transferred over. This was a week after the raid.

Nothing major or unbelievable, but every time I've had need of Trion, they've been quick to respond and extremely easy to work with. I'd never had any problems with Blizzard's GMs, but I rarely saw action within 24 hours, let alone 1 hour.
    Blizzard has a much bigger player base and a much bigger amount of reports on the exact same thing.
    Also, depending on the case the ticket can be responded to immediatly or within 30 min.

Last reset our hunter had been hacked and ripped though, he only lost his trinks for his raiding gear. he contacted blizzard and within 30 min he had it all back.
    I've on several occasions had responses within 1 hour.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post

I am certainly getting sick of this.

You are wrong. Rift GM's did a good job by bringing your things back, and so does Blizzard when they actually do it aswell.
    Remember, afterall GM's are persons and not all of them wil act the same way, but they must do what their bosses request them to keep players happy, thus playing the game.

I've seen over 9000 threads with this pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post

. I'm not a fanboy, lol not even close, i'm a bit disappointed with the way WoW is going, yet i'll play as long as i have fun or somply nothing else to do on my current wow play time. But... what makes you say such a pointless thing like that? Blizzard GM's have keept a really cool service so far for MOST of people. This game, JUST World of Warcraft will soon be 10 years old and it's still the most played MMO out there.. i'm pretty sure GM's also have their part on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Blizzard has a much bigger player base and a much bigger amount of reports on the exact same thing.
    And also much much much much more money.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I am certainly getting sick of this.
    Sick of Blizzards customer service being out done? Don't blame you

Honestly I never found Blizzards service to be bad, but RIFT's is better in my experience. Sorry that's just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post

Honestly I never found Blizzards service to be bad, but RIFT's is better in my experience. Sorry that's just how it is.
    I think a better way to put it is Rift's policy is more lenient. GM's don't say yes or no to tickets because they're nice/mean, they do it because that's what the company's policy says, although some try to push the envelope and do somethings that probably would be frowned upon.

Deleted
    Aye, im with the fact they want you to play

Quote Originally Posted by deathgrip1092 View Post
    I think a better way to put it is Rift's policy is more lenient. GM's don't say yes or no to tickets because they're nice/mean, they do it because that's what the company's policy says, although some try to push the envelope and do somethings that probably would be frowned upon.
    Whatever they do it for, if it benefits us the player it's a good thing right?

Also company policy doesn't dictate speed of response

While it's a bit of a push to get EVERYTHING back free, as said above, it's in their interest so is kinda likely. If getting your stuff restored means you are likely to be a paying customer again it costs them nothing to roll back a few changes to your account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Also, depending on the case the ticket can be responded to immediatly or within 30 min.

Last reset our hunter had been hacked and ripped though, he only lost his trinks for his raiding gear. he contacted blizzard and within 30 min he had it all back.
    I've on several occasions had responses within 1 hour.
    Blizzard has a program that prioritises tickets automatically. If you use the right words in your ticket then you'll get promoted up to the top. (I'm pretty sure "hack" is one of the words because everyone I know that's been hacked has been fixed up within about 15-30 minutes)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post

Have had excellent results from their customer service. When I first started playing, I had subbed for 6 months. One month into my sub, I got posted overseas for my military unit with no way of playing Rift. I contacted them and asked if I could get back my money and change it to a 1-month sub. They did so, no questions asked. They could've easily said I knew what I was signing up for, but they gave me my money back anyway. That's excellent service. I kept remembering that for the year I left rift, and it did play a part in my return to the game.

I think WOW's Gms are quite professional, though.

You should see tribes ascend's "customer service". Frankly horrendous. It's a F2P game with great gameplay, and I've spent more than 60 bucks on the game (the booster packs and whatnot). Their latest patch broke the game on my computer, I contacted them about it, and they basically told me "go update you drivers kthxbai". The way they write is also overly direct. One response from their rep was : "You sure?". I almost wanted to write a poison letter back reprimanding him for his tone.

Yes it takes Blizzard long to respond and yes they usually give you some pre-written response. Think about the difference in the amount of tickets going in for both games. Rift has 500k subscribers and WoW has 10million.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Have had excellent results from their customer service. When I first started playing, I had subbed for 6 months. One month into my sub, I got posted overseas for my military unit with no way of playing Rift. I contacted them and asked if I could get back my money and change it to a 1-month sub. They did so, no questions asked. They could've easily said I knew what I was signing up for, but they gave me my money back anyway. That's excellent service. I kept remembering that for the year I left rift, and it did play a part in my return to the game.

I think WOW's Gms are quite professional, though.

You should see tribes ascend's "customer service". Frankly horrendous. It's a F2P game with great gameplay, and I've spent more than 60 bucks on the game (the booster packs and whatnot). Their latest patch broke the game on my computer, I contacted them about it, and they basically told me "go update you drivers kthxbai". The way they write is also overly direct. One response from their rep was : "You sure?". I almost wanted to write a poison letter back reprimanding him for his tone.
    Last chunck of text reminds me of the HoN customer service.

''Ye got this problem? Well it's obviously because you have a bad computer, buy a new one, kthxbye!''

And yes i have a good gaming computer that's over the quality of HoN.

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 02:17 AM ----------

And i've nearly always recieved a good reply or a none prewritten message, including a GM talking to be directly, in WoW, that is.

This is a thread within the Rift sub-forums about Trion's customer response. The Rift players in this thread have personally had better GM service through Trion than we have through Blizzard. We're not crapping on WoW or mocking players for sticking with WoW, so could we please end this Us Vs Them nonsense?

We appreciate you all defending Blizzard, but it's not necessary. No one is quitting one game for the other over this topic.

If you guys want to discuss WoW's GM's, there are forums dedicated to WoW for that. What I'm trying to say is, keep the topic on Rift and let's not have a WoW GM's vs. Rift GM's topic.

The key distinction for me has been that Rift's CSRs are more consistently able to read a ticket, comprehend it, and give a response or action actually relevant to the content of the ticket. Too often in other MMOs I get responses from their GMs that suggest a basic lack of reading comprehension. When I was playing the previous MMO, I would send a ticket and tend to get gibberish back, having to resubmit tickets multiple times until I get escalated to someone willing to look at the problem before taking actions that don't help.
    I felt like I was running into a wall of apathy. Rift CSRs show me empathy and take time to solve problems. They take time to seek out problems. When they're not busy they're sent to a server's global chat channels to ask people if they have any needs or questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    That seems like they are bending over backwards to please you, which is nice, but I wouldn't expect it from a game with a much larger player base.
    Waiting on GW2 and Z.O.E. HD collection.
    Currently playing WoW and hating YGO.
    My Feral druid Main
    And most importantly I shall give you the means to travel faster than the fastest starship. To soar to the ends of the universe and beyond.....