Page 44 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Hes already broken, don't make him worse!
    I ain't breaking him, I'M DESTROYING HIM!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    sorry but in order to make sure people dont get upset when they put a tone into prose i must state my messages in a method that conveys the information while minimizing emotion

otherwise people will be upset at me, and we cant have that can we
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Now now now roggles... If you want to destroy somebody you need to use fire >=D!

FIRE FIXES EVERYTHING! *throws head back and cackles madly as he grabs a flamethrower from Mif's closet*
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    updated: OP

uses: reference page for collected data

instructions: look it over, post anything that needs to be added, test things on the list
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one truly frustrated by the relative lack of self-applied boons, let alone the lack of methods to apply boons to allies?

The only ones I can find are trait related. I bring this up primarily because of Acrobatics boosting boon duration. At least some of those major traits include gaining certain boons when dodging or evading...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I didn't really think about it but yea, Thieves are lacking boons for sure.

They do seem to have a lot of conditions though. Maybe that is as compensation? Though that doesn't really make up having a weak line bonus in Acrobatics
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Well like, there are ways to gain boons, but they are few and far between, and other classes are obviously better at it. I'm just annoyed that Acrobatics is supposedly meant to be beneficial to "booning" and big health pools... but doesn't really support either one.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

You have a point. The traits in the line just don't follow the bonuses at all. I really don't know exactly what I would suggest though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Am I the only one truly frustrated by the relative lack of self-applied boons, let alone the lack of methods to apply boons to allies?

The only ones I can find are trait related. I bring this up primarily because of Acrobatics boosting boon duration. At least some of those major traits include gaining certain boons when dodging or evading...
    i pointed this a few betas ago, thieves are also lacking a weapon that really shines for support, at best it'd be OH pistol for blind (and the fact they have many options to trigger healing CPCs) but they really need to add stuff thats more concrete and reliable

other than that alot of "support" is offensive in nature, or tied specifically to utilities and traits, but not onto weapons
    The Original Ganksta

Yea it seems like thieves are really designed for the offensive minded. I'd probably have more interest in the profession if there were support options. Though I don't know how exactly they would work. Maybe something to discuss to get the thread active again (bleh Mesmer and Guardian)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    i pointed this a few betas ago, thieves are also lacking a weapon that really shines for support, at best it'd be OH pistol for blind (and the fact they have many options to trigger healing CPCs) but they really need to add stuff thats more concrete and reliable

other than that alot of "support" is offensive in nature, or tied specifically to utilities and traits, but not onto weapons
    Yes, starting to share this complaint lately. It's why the Elementalist looks so attractive to me, right now, by comparison - because I can be extremely supportive AND extremely offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Yes, starting to share this complaint lately. It's why the Elementalist looks so attractive to me, right now, by comparison - because I can be extremely supportive AND extremely offensive.
    Not been able to play any of the beta's, but would there be a chance just like classes that come with more support from weapon trait more for dmg. could thieves just be opposite, do more dmg passively and need to trait for support?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Not been able to play any of the beta's, but would there be a chance just like classes that come with more support from weapon trait more for dmg. could thieves just be opposite, do more dmg passively and need to trait for support?
    I'm gonna guess this because countless times in interviews people crying about no support on thieves are met with "Issy plays a support thief, and we WISH there was no such thing when playing against him" so i'm going to take their word for it, it hasn't failed me yet!!

PS: I have a distinct feeling thief support would be more offensive, like being a lux or morgana support in LoL, you're not supporting how a guardian or elem will with defensive things, you're going to be more shutting down the enemy and giving your allies your venoms and cackling madly as everything dies around you...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I'm gonna guess this because countless times in interviews people crying about no support on thieves are met with "Issy plays a support thief, and we WISH there was no such thing when playing against him" so i'm going to take their word for it, it hasn't failed me yet!!

PS: I have a distinct feeling thief support would be more offensive, like being a lux or morgana support in LoL, you're not supporting how a guardian or elem will with defensive things, you're going to be more shutting down the enemy and giving your allies your venoms and cackling madly as everything dies around you...
    My thief is heavily build around blinding and owning face :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    My thief is heavily build around blinding and owning face :P
    <-- approves of your decision to blind A LOT

10+ Year Old Account

the problem is people will still want those

probably in exclusion to thief support since its "safer"

plus i find it surprising your new found love of blind
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem is people will still want those

probably in exclusion to thief support since its "safer"

plus i find it surprising your new found love of blind
    I love blind when it's not being used on me lol, and if they want to play a more defensive support character thief is not for them and they should be punched in the face for thinking that a THIEF, someone whose likely out for themselves, would be one of those support characters..

10+ Year Old Account
    I love blind when it's not being used on me lol, and if they want to play a more defensive support character thief is not for them and they should be punched in the face for thinking that a THIEF, someone whose likely out for themselves, would be one of those support characters..
    the problem isnt the thief not wanting to play support

the problem is that players not wanting support thieves since they dont offer as much protective support skills, and they are less concrete and more reliant on traits (which is far more rigid and less customizeable than changing weapon loadout)

personally i'd like them to add torch as a thief OH weapon :| would give a possible burning ability to thieves, enlarge our weapon options, and offers possible support oriented skills from the 5 skill and some of the dual combos

also: spear of redemption
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem isnt the thief not wanting to play support

the problem is that players not wanting support thieves since they dont offer as much protective support skills, and they are less concrete and more reliant on traits (which is far more rigid and less customizeable than changing weapon loadout)

personally i'd like them to add torch as a thief OH weapon :|

also: spear of redemption
    <-- uses bows still

And how would they be less support? They can stealth people, heal them, apply blinds, bleeds, etc etc, they seem liked they'd be fine but just have to play differently compared to a guardian. Sure a guardian would be better at just locking down an area and keeping it safe, but that's their thing, a thief would be better at making the enemy want to curl into a ball and cry because they can't -do- anything. If you ask me, i'd rather have the thief.

10+ Year Old Account
    <-- uses bows still

And how would they be less support? They can stealth people, heal them, apply blinds, bleeds, etc etc, they seem liked they'd be fine but just have to play differently compared to a guardian. Sure a guardian would be better at just locking down an area and keeping it safe, but that's their thing, a thief would be better at making the enemy want to curl into a ball and cry because they can't -do- anything. If you ask me, i'd rather have the thief.
    im not saying thieves are "bad" at support, im saying the vast amount of morons that will end up playing this game will THINK they are

ive covered in this thread some of the pros of a "support thief" most notably that they can essentially play all 3 roles at once without giving up as much (sword/pistol) where other professions typically have to switch to something that gives up on another facet

this makes thieves, when it comes to support, jack of all trades master of none

but the main problem i find is the lack of depth and overall options

support as a thief (as is) will be harder and require more from the player than something like an engi, war, guard, or ele which will turn off most groups who want to play it safe
    The Original Ganksta