Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helusay View Post
    I have a decent understanding of how the login process works. It's called load balancing, look it up. I should be somewhere under BASIC NETWORKING.
    Digging your hole even deeper I see...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    I'm playing atm, but none of my achievements are counting.... it sucks I just beat one of the bosses in act 2 and didnt get the acheiement for killing them.
    logg out , go from there to the achiev panel should show up there had the same prob

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Ok gonna have to stop you right here. Steam does not house the servers for the multiplayer of any game accept Warhammer: Retribution and they had the same issues for a week after that game launched.
    I am addressing the single-player aspect of the game, not the multi-player. You shouldn't be forced to be online 100% during a single-player game. This was Blizzard's greatest mistake with this game, hence the comparison to Steam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    oh, stop whining. The QQ is unbearable. This is how 95% of new game launches go. Get a RL and get some sun 'til servers come up. You've waited for D3 this long, you can wait a few hours.
    i have played...i can't wait any longer..

Quote Originally Posted by dezaroth111 View Post
    im all for companys holding back releases to make them quality at launch it seems in this case blizzard underestimated the amount of interest seeing as they have had a long time to prepare its not a good look for them
    Already said it, but they won't see this type of volume ever again for the life of the game. Why waste significant money on it when that money can be spent elsewhere. Everyone will get into the game eventually (pretty quickly to be honest) and there's no reason to waste the resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamari View Post
    Blizzard spends years holding back their releases to make them quality at launch for you. There could be 6 or 7 Diablo's already if they used the same time frame other people do for their games. They'd make more money that way.
    You do know GW2 is in development as long as Diablo 3 was right?

In fact I back up what this guy said... I'm cheering for ANet right now, their first BWE1 was hell for some people (couldn't log in and stuff), this last stress test was flawless. And with flawless I mean, well.. No lags, login problems and whatsoever.

I find it rather silly to be having problems 21.5 hours after (EU) release and still having the game unplayable. With a quite clear vieuw on pre-orders, what to expect when the game went live and their knowledge about login servers being struck in the balls once a game is released, this is pretty much a terrible performance by them.

Still can't login, jesus christ.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Digging your hole even deeper I see...
    No not really, just having some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    There's no reason for Blizzard to spend a load of money on an infrastructure that'll only be used for a couple days. After the initial login madness dies down the system they have in place will be more than sufficient.
    They can rent servers, no need to buy them and after first month they just don't extend rent anymore if they don't need them...

10+ Year Old Account
    I am addressing the single-player aspect of the game, not the multi-player. You shouldn't be forced to be online 100% during a single-player game. This was Blizzard's greatest mistake with this game, hence the comparison to Steam.
    Your comparison was poor, no escaping that. If you played D2 you would remember all the hacking and cracking that game took, its not surprise they choose to go with a online structure.

Having it not online-only would not have achieved the goals they wanted for the game. It is now not designed that way, and doing so in the beginning would have been a poor compromise of game quality to appeal to the very rare person with a major, valid problem with this. Their servers now need to support several million people, and in a few days, they will. Since they need to support several million people, there will be problems. How anyone expected otherwise, is at all enraged by this months after they revealed the decision to be online, or feels they have a good reason to completely condemn the game because of this now has missed the boat and is deeply, deeply confused.

Blizzard spends years holding back their releases to make them quality at launch for you. There could be 6 or 7 Diablo's already if they used the same time frame other people do for their games. They'd make more money that way.
    Hm...so, they'd make more money with 6-7 crappy 1-year development time games, than with one awesome game? Sorry, I don't want Diablo to become the next CoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Right or wrong, like it or not, get used to it, it's becoming industry standard to prevent piracy.

Deleted
    Already said it, but they won't see this type of volume ever again for the life of the game. Why waste significant money on it when that money can be spent elsewhere. Everyone will get into the game eventually (pretty quickly to be honest) and there's no reason to waste the resources.
    sorry if i seem to be arguing but im having a pritty crappy day i was hoping blizz would go smooth to cheer me up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I didn't mean 'general' login process. I mean you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what logging into D3 entails and why the comparison to Steam is hilariously bad.
    The comparison to Steam is to illustrate the point of online DRM for a single player game. They handled Skyrim on launch and everything worked fine. My point is that it would have been in Blizzard's best interest to handle the single-player/multi-player login process the same way that Steam handles it. You log in to Steam, it gives you a list of your games, you choose a single player game, you play as single player. You choose multi-player game, you are given a list of Blizzard servers, you login to one to play multi-player. I don't know how a sound logical comparison is hilarious to you, but we all have our own quirks I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post

In fact I back up what this guy said... I'm cheering for ANet right now, their first BWE1 was hell for some people (couldn't log in and stuff), this last stress test was flawless. And with flawless I mean, well.. No lags, login problems and whatsoever.

I find it rather silly to be having problems 21.5 hours after (EU) release and still having the game unplayable. With a quite clear vieuw on pre-orders, what to expect when the game went live and their knowledge about login servers being struck in the balls once a game is released, this is pretty much a terrible performance by them.

I didn't say anything against GW2, did I? People are allowed to support more than one gaming company, although most people around here consider that a mortal sin. My point was that Blizzard makes quality games and takes their time to do it. Others do that too, although not very many.

Also, 21.5 hours? Really? Are people so impatient about crap like this?

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Right or wrong, like it or not, get used to it, it's becoming industry standard to prevent piracy.
    And Steam does it very well, while Blizzard has failed, my entire point.

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post

Would you like to make a wager on the chances that ArenaNet will have server hiccups on GW2 launch day? Every game has launch hiccups. You just can't predict most of the shit that happens when millions of people try to log onto your servers all within seconds of each other. Even betas can't prepare you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Ofc I wont do it better myself? But if the PC gaming Industry Behemoth cant? Who will

This is the mentality we have to fight! This is 2012, we arent in 2005 anymore Internet gaming isnt a wonder new thing, its something that its here, costumers that payed to play should do it from day 1 and the companies have to work for it.

Tonnes of systems exist to alieviate congestion. You are correct, I would explain because I am very knowledgeable on network infrastructure and network programming but unfortunately, right now I just wana play :>
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Hm...so, they'd make more money with 6-7 crappy 1-year development time games, than with one awesome game? Sorry, I don't want Diablo to become the next CoD.
    My point was that they WOULD make more money that way and yet they don't go that route. I don't think anyone wants Diablo to go that way, but my point was that they aren't going that way and that they aren't the super giant greedy evil empire gaming company (only the slightly super giant greedy evil empire gaming company).

I've been playing without experiencing a single error message or disconnection. I must say: amazing job Blizzard.